FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Cowie Rumours

DALNEIGHCALEY

Guest staghunter88

I'm hearing pretty loud whispers that Don Cowie is Pittodrie bound come January.

iv got it from a real good source that ur bang on there bigD.....wud he really leav a club o our stature 2 go play wi the sheep tho???.....i sure hope not!!!!!!!

Just saying it like it is, but Cowie isn't consistent enough for the step up yet. 1 in 3 games are good at the moment. I actually think Cowie is perhaps the better player, but if anyone is going to step up it's Black. He just doesn't have bad games these days.

Just saying it like it is, but Cowie isn't consistent enough for the step up yet. 1 in 3 games are good at the moment. I actually think Cowie is perhaps the better player, but if anyone is going to step up it's Black. He just doesn't have bad games these days.

If Black has a bad game this afternoon then I'm coming after you :rotflmao:

The Sun claims that he is being watched by Leeds.

Don't mean to slag off one of our players, especially one who did so much for us last season, but if they're watching him just now then they probably won't pursue their interest. He hasn't been nearly as effective, or looked as motivated, in the past few weeks as he was last season.

Leeds are like Hearts, severely in debt. Players and supporters will soon realise that the cash flow problems created by the Americans earning large commissions on toxic debt, will have a big influence on clubs in trouble. Eventually sugar daddies will disappear as Gretna found to their cost.

Don may be ambitious but short term gains may prove disasterous.

The "rumour" I heard when back in Inverness was definitely Leeds. There was no mention of any other team.

I hear what you are saying about debts C1C3 ... but lets face it, a side like Leeds would view signing a player like Cowie as 'downsizing' from their normal aspirations as they are forced to search out quality players for sensible money instead of mediocre ones for mega money.

Having said that, would like to see the club offer him a good deal to stay and for him to consider it.

After last years books the likelyhood is money talks for any and all that get a decent offer

I'm really negative

Last years accounts didn't include the sale of Marius. This year we are better placed at this part of the season, ok we've still the ugly twins to meet, but I for one am more positive after last weeks result. Who do we have that is that much of a threat to the OF? Teamwork can't be bought.

It is probably the worst time for him to leave as his family probably won't want to go with the wee bubba being born. It would possibly be a wise descsion both on and off the pitch for him to commit to the club.

• 5 weeks later...

After a wee tip I would advise the gamblers amoungst you to put a we line on Cowie being with his old mate John Rankin at Hibs by February the 1st.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ict1994

i was speaking to a scout from Stoke City at the Hibs game looking at one S Fletcher of Hibs and a certain Caley wide player this can surely only mean Don Cowie

i was speaking to a scout from Stoke City at the Hibs game looking at one S Fletcher of Hibs and a certain Caley wide player this can surely only mean Don Cowie

I heard they are in for Barry Wilson.

Aye, Hibs is a strong possibility. He and Rankin were a great combination and one we miss to this day. One of Brew's worst and most short-sighted decisions to sell Rankin to the Hibees but I don't want to start that debate off again.