FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Brewster Appreciation Thread

Stevie

I'll take a chance and start this thread before the Killie game, but honestly I can't believe the critisicm this guy is takin just now.

We're sitting 7th (okay it's early days) and in the league cup Q-F's, I admit Brew has made a couple of team selections that I wouldn't.

Basically the way I see it is, Brewster has actually improved the squad with the signings of Rooney (a great addition), Imrie ( a more potent player than Rankin) Esson (an excellent back-up for Fraser) and Barrowman.

To my mind he has dealt with youngsters Garry Wood, Ian Vigurs and Duff in the correct manner and they too have become superb additions to our squad.

Quiet honestly I don't know where folk expect ICT to be, but 7th is , in my book , highly respectable. How much would the likes of Dundee, Morton, Q.O.S. St. Johnstone etc. like to be in our position !

Craig Brewster proved himself in his 1st stint at Inverness, and in my opinion he's doing fine 2nd time around !

I feel the club , for it's size , is in a very healthy state, and I've got absolutely no fears about relegation.

As far as I'm concerned Inverness Caledonian Thistle and Craig Brewster are doing just fine !

Christ, im swing back & forth on CB at the moment...I agree Rooney is a fine player and he's not even fully fit yet and Imrie is our new Rankin yes!...so for that CB gets my vote, but when he takes off Blackie when he's the best player by miles on the pitch ( at Tynie), i start to go the other way

in short i dont know as yet. I just hope we can build on our league position and maybe make the Semis in the CIS cup

Christ, im swing back & forth on CB at the moment...I agree Rooney is a fine player and he's not even fully fit yet and Imrie is our new Rankin yes!...so for that CB gets my vote, but when he takes off Blackie when he's the best player by miles on the pitch ( at Tynie), i start to go the other way

in short i dont know as yet. I just hope we can build on our league position and maybe make the Semis in the CIS cup

i can see why brew has been taking black off and thats purely so he doesn't run himself into the ground. i agree black has been our best player this year so far, but if we want that to continue we cant play black the way blackie plays every minute of every game otherwise the guy is gonna last half a season at best. you watch black play and you'll notice how much ground he covers and how hard he works...it's just not possible for someone to keep that up for 90 mins in every game...hence brew subbing him. thats the reason he gets subbed.

:018: Overwhelming for support for the man on this thread eh.....NOT :rotflmao:

Are you an 17 year old American schoolgirl? :thumb04:

I'm behind Brew and echo the sentiments of the first post. We've been unlucky in some games and perhaps deserved a good few more points.

You seem to lack the facility to handle others opinions Ross. This is supposed to be a thread in support of your hero, and there seems to be a severe lack of it coming his way. Maybe....just maybe.....you and the rest of the happy clappers are in the minority!

Edited by SMEE

i decided pre season to give him a chance and dont think he's done too bad a job so far this season. every teams fans will nitpick tactics and subs everyweek and it just shows what a difficult job any boss has.i think we've missed russell duncan of late and we need to see more of barry wilson in front of tokely but its early days and i like that he's had the confidence to throw a lot of young guys in and that will pay as the season goes on

You seem to lack the facility to handle others opinions Ross. This is supposed to be a thread in support of your hero, and there seems to be a severe lack of it coming his way. Maybe....just maybe.....you and the rest of the happy clappers are in the minority!

Nah... I can handle others opinions, I just struggle to comprehend why someone who is older than me would use such a childish use of language... *ahem* NOT. :rotflmao:

I'm behind Brew and the team, but in no way would I say i'm entirely happy with everything he and the team have done. I'm a positive person so that comes out in my work, social life and football interests. A quick glance at your posts seems to suggest that you need cheering up at the football and away from football. Have a smile today at some point, just for me :thumb04:

You seem to lack the facility to handle facts Ross. This is supposed to be a thread in support of your hero, and there seems to be a severe lack of it coming his way. Maybe....just maybe.....you and the rest of the happy clappers are in the minority!

Right, this is supposed to be a thread in support of our hero, so why don?t you go post elsewhere? :rotflmao:

... and look beyond the horizon, there is a world outside this forum:

Jefferies will today come face to face with another man he admires - Inverness boss Craig Brewster.

The Killie manager said: "Caley Thistle are an established SPL club. They've done well to consolidate their place in the top league.

"They say it's hard and people write them off but they continue to stay in the top flight.

"Craig was doing really well for them before he left for Dundee United but now he's back and is doing a great job."

( http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/...86908-20755902/ )

sure he?s not the only one.

Nah... I can handle others opinions, I just struggle to comprehend why someone who is older than me would use such a childish use of language... *ahem* NOT. :rotflmao:

I'm behind Brew and the team, but in no way would I say i'm entirely happy with everything he and the team have done. I'm a positive person so that comes out in my work, social life and football interests. A quick glance at your posts seems to suggest that you need cheering up at the football and away from football. Have a smile today at some point, just for me :thumb04:

Oh yes, your positivity oozes out in yer posts. There is no doubt about that. You remind me of Cliff Richard in fact......take that how you will!

Al stick to dealing with life in the real world tho.

Oh...and when it comes to smiling....i can assure you, my life will have more joy in it today than most peoples :018:

Edited by SMEE

Congratulations and Celebrations.....

Go on Brewster my son! (He's not actually my son. In fact Im easily young enough to be his)

To be fair I was seething when he came back. Thought he left us high and dry at the time after us giving him the chance but to his credit he's made a few shrewd signings and the youths, like Wood Vigurs and Duff, are showing great potential. And we're getting a few decent results. And in the CIS quarters - We never do well in that competition!

Keep up the good work! :rotflmao:

that'll be removed too no doubt. this sites gone way over the top with moderation :rotflmao: :thumb04: :018:

No it hasn't. This site is moderated as lightly as possible however certain topics crop up that warrant moderation, at least in the short term, due to their content. Such topics could land a site such as this in serious trouble so we need to ensure that does not happen.

Guest WynessLegend

Brew's doing a fine job, he's assembled a good young squad with cover in all positions and the ability to play some nice flowing football.

And please don't let anyone deride those who support Brew as "happy clappers".

There are problems with our team but as things stand we are fourth in the league and in the quarter-finals of the league cup. Given that at the start of the season no-one on this site would have turned it down. For a club in our position to sack our manager outwith the transfer window for footballing reasons would be folly of Newcastle-esque proportions.

Sorry Chris and Wyness legeng, i disagree with you completely.

I Think many would agree when i say that this season i witnessed some truely woeful football being played by ict.

Brewsters skills in managing a team and tactics are imo shocking. We have players that have limited talent by spl standards, but give 100%. If Bewster was half the manager that Robertson, or Pele were we could be watching a very entertaining team.

Brewster maintains on playing the high ball, continues to play players out of position every week, has driven away some of our best players and apparently is not interested in offering our better players new contracts.

Had we lost today, which looked likely after the first 5 minutes, then Brewster would have been on dodgy ground.

I did not want him to return as manager and i feel that he will do well to still be in the job come xmas.

Yes, we are in cup quarter finals but we have been unable to beat Morton (bottom of division1) and Arbroath *3rd bottom of division 2) within 90 minutes to get there. - Hardly something to class as a success.

Yes we are 4th in the league, we are also only one game from 2nd bottom and bear in mind we have yet to play either of the old firm.

By evening on Sunday 19th October, we could well find ourselves at the foot of the table. Although i sincerely hope not.

Not quite a success story yet as far as i'm concerned. In my opinion we are where we are inspite of Brewster.

Sorry Chris and Wyness legeng, i disagree with you completely.

I Think many would agree when i say that this season i witnessed some truely woeful football being played by ict.

Brewsters skills in managing a team and tactics are imo shocking. We have players that have limited talent by spl standards, but give 100%. If Bewster was half the manager that Robertson, or Pele were we could be watching a very entertaining team.

I have seen us play some fantastic football this season, at Falkirk and Aberdeen. We were pretty poor at Tynecastle and Cappielow though but got through in the cup and only lost narrowly to Hearts.

Brewster maintains on playing the high ball, continues to play players out of position every week, has driven away some of our best players and apparently is not interested in offering our better players new contracts.

Had we lost today, which looked likely after the first 5 minutes, then Brewster would have been on dodgy ground.

I did not want him to return as manager and i feel that he will do well to still be in the job come xmas.

You often see teams hitting long, high balls to forwards when they are lacking in confidence and ideas. Certainly when we are playing poorly you see this, however as I said above when we won at Falkirk and Pittodrie we played excellent football. With the players we have we aren't going to perform excellently all the time - everyone realises that but I think we are capable of performing well regularly and have showed that this season.

What players are played out of position? The only ones I could think of are swapping the wide midfielders around, taht's a tactic that is very common and can yield results. Again, against Aberdeen Imrie had a great game on the right and against Falkirk Vigurs and Cowie did well on the right and left respectively.

The only player who you could say was driven away was Wyness, which was handled very poorly by the club. However, last season Denzil was not up to it in the SPL and the last few times I saw him, he was a shadow of his former slef. He just didn't have the strength or the pace to make it in the SPL, he was too easily shrugged off the ball and he wasn't offering anything to the team.

Regarding offering up contracts to current players, that is just rumours, although regarding Ian Black, Brewster gave him his first start for the club, he tried to sign him when he went to Dundee utd and he has started him in every game this season. That suggests that he sees him as an important part of the side. Obviously Blackie is a player with a temper and Brewster has tried to deal with that, I think that is absolutely correct. Having tantrums when substituted, getting booked every other game and getting sent off for kicking the ball away is unacceptable and had to be dealt with. So far this season Blackie has been booked once and performed superbly, perhaps Brewster's approach should be given some credit?

Yes, we are in cup quarter finals but we have been unable to beat Morton (bottom of division1) and Arbroath *3rd bottom of division 2) within 90 minutes to get there. - Hardly something to class as a success.

Yes we are 4th in the league, we are also only one game from 2nd bottom and bear in mind we have yet to play either of the old firm.

By evening on Sunday 19th October, we could well find ourselves at the foot of the table. Although i sincerely hope not.

Not quite a success story yet as far as i'm concerned. In my opinion we are where we are inspite of Brewster.

I remember when we were in the lower leagues, we used to get fans of SPL clubs coming onto the rivals site when we drew them in the cup and assuring us that we were in for a doing, that they were far superior to us. One Hearts fan in particular gave it big licks over his clubs seven internationals, only to come crawling back humbled when we stuffed them at Tynie. Away cup games against lower league clubs in midweek are potentially big hurdles and we have got over them so far this season. The important thing in cup games is to get into the draw for the next round. Dundee Utd, Hibs, Killie and Rangers have all got to cup finals in the last few seasons after having neede extra-time, replays or penalties to beat lower league sides in previous rounds.

You are right to say we're one game from 2nd bottom but what's equally true is that we are one game from third. The only important statistic is that we are where we are. Incidentally, this is the best position we have ever been in at this point in an SPL season in terms of points on the board, goals scored and goals conceded.

I don't think things are perfect, far from it - I have big concerns about our forward line and think we could do with an experienced centre-half. However, credit has to be given where it's due and we have had a better start to the season than anyone could have predicted.

There are problems with our team but as things stand we are fourth in the league and in the quarter-finals of the league cup.

Lets put it in perspective tho. A loss yesterday could EASILY have seen us sitting SECOND BOTTOM, such is the precarious nature of our league position!

We are in the Quarter Finals courtesy of STRUGGLING to dispose of two teams we should be easily dispatching in 90 mins.

The way i see it, we should be able of putting teams like Hamilton and St Midden to the sword at home. And its games like that i find so difficult to accept if the outcome isnt favourable. I do not have unreasonable expectations.

If we are in a similar position at half way point, giv or take a position or two, then great, we are doing exceptionally well. Come the end of the season, i really dont think a minimum position of 9th- 8th is too much to wish for.

Well I thought yesterday was very encouraging.

Disastrous start to the match, could have been 2 down in 5 minutes but after 15 or so started to play football on the deck, and managed to play our way back into it.

Compared to say the game against Hamilton where we looked devoid of ideas and as though we couldn't be bothered.

Something fired the lads on the park up yesterday, I've not seen them play with so much fight in a long time. A thoroughly satisfying attitude from the players which was reflected in the football on show and by the response of the fans in both the Main and North stands.

Guest WynessLegend

There are problems with our team but as things stand we are fourth in the league and in the quarter-finals of the league cup.

Lets put it in perspective tho. A loss yesterday could EASILY have seen us sitting SECOND BOTTOM

Very good Smee.

And wins against Hamilton and St Mirren could EASILY have seen us sitting JOINT TOP.

You seem rather sad and clapless?

Well I thought yesterday was very encouraging.

Disastrous start to the match, could have been 2 down in 5 minutes but after 15 or so started to play football on the deck, and managed to play our way back into it.

Compared to say the game against Hamilton where we looked devoid of ideas and as though we couldn't be bothered.

I am a supporter of Craig Brewster. I think he has done a lot for the club.

It is about time those who appreciate his efforts showed their opinions.

Yesterday?s game against Kilmarnock was a joy to watch. The players looked like they were enjoying the game and there was a real buzz in the air. All the team played well. It was difficult to pick out who contributed most. Yes Michael made a mistake, but he did not let the problem get to him. He recovered well and played an excellent part in the rest of the game.

The atmosphere behind the home goal was superb.

We are doing well. Fantastically well considering the financial constraints the club has to work to. I say well done Brew and the team. We are doing really well and most fans appreciate it.