FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Lionel Djebi-Zadi

martinskye

Ok, hastings flying over the atlantic every week,- surely a perfect time to give Lionel a chance? no?

What have you lot all seen of him. I've only seen him from the Liverpool game and as a sub against Hibs (I think) but never really saw much of him.

can someone shed some light?

Hastings was our worst player yesterday IMO, so would like to see Roy pushed back to left back and Vigurs moved into midfield.

McBain sucks at left-back even as a last ditch replacement. I can't judge wether Hastings was poor yesterday or not but i would certainly rather see what Lionel is capable of first. He is yet to start a game.

If you were at the game, you would know, if you watched on tv you would know, if you didnt get either - take it from me Hastings was not our best player....not by miles.

He seems to get drawn infield a lot, whether this has to do with his Canadian position or not i dont know, but his defending leaves a lot to desired at times, but is Jimmy-jabbi any better?

Edited by caley100

McBain had a wee run at left back last season and was mightily impressive - especially at Easter Road. He is a good defender, with a bit of pace, a feckin non stop engine, he can pass and cross a ball and he has the energy to go forward and get back as well.

McBain is consistently the least effective player in our team and shouldn't even be playing

Thank you Kencar, someone who knows what he is talking about. McBain is by far the weak link of our starting line-up regardless of what position he plays. He is simply past it. I think he would benefit from dropping down a league at the end of the season.

I've watched the highlights and i have to agree Hastings looked pritty poor but that was why we signed Djebi-Zadi, to provide competition for him. He has never really been challenged for it since taking it from Golabek therefore has never really had to work for it to retain it.

Could be that Hastings struggles to change back and forth from centre-half for Canada to full-back for Caley Thistle...they are 2 very different positions.

I think Hastings deserves a bit of slack .... He has played two international games in a week, one in Honduras and one in Edmonton and still got his arse back to Inverness for Saturday. If anything, perhaps Brewster should have put him on the bench as I very much doubt he had fully recovered from his travels.

Proctor -- yes, "all the time" !!! Canada and other N American & Caribbean nations play a heap of qualifiers to decide which of the 35 nations get the 3.5 qualifying spots ..... Canada will not progress to the 4th round of qualifiers, but if they had, would have played a total of 20 games to qualify. Even in not qualifying,they will have played a total of 8 games in just over 4 months.

McBain is consistently the least effective player in our team and shouldn't even be playing

Thank you Kencar, someone who knows what he is talking about. McBain is by far the weak link of our starting line-up regardless of what position he plays. He is simply past it. I think he would benefit from dropping down a league at the end of the season.

Oh aye.. someone actually agrees with you so they know what they are talking about! :rotflmao:

Roy still has a lot to offer the team, he is not the most talented player we have, but will give not stop effort and get the occasional goal.

Teams need workers as well as flair players.

Oh aye.. someone actually agrees with you so they know what they are talking about! :rotflmao:

Roy still has a lot to offer the team, he is not the most talented player we have, but will give not stop effort and get the occasional goal.

Teams need workers as well as flair players.

It so happens i also agree with the Kencar and ajsict92. I would say the team has more than enough so called workers and a lack of skillful creative players . In his short first team career so far Vigours gives us something lacking in our team ,the ability to play a killer pass. Add to that his eye for a goal i think he would offer the team exactly what we are lacking given an extended run in the team.