FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Alex Rae Sacked

KingBeastie

Anyone else think that was a bit harsh on him?

Fair enough they lost to the minks across the bridge on Saturday but they came so close last season and are only 6 points off top place.

That's football these days I suppose. Hope he finds another club soon.

I await Heilan Dee's view!

KB, it may seem a bit harsh on the face of it,as you quite rightly say we came very close last season and only a very consistant Accies prevented us getting back in the SPL. That said after losing the few qaulity players we had, Rae was always gonna be up against it this year.I can't give a personal opinion on the playing side of things as i have yet to grace Dens this season, but from the comments of regulars his tactics and ability to deal with and adjust to the injury problems as they occured was inadeqaute and the goals for tally speaks for itself with the worst record in Scotland and 2 from open play.The fact we're only 6 points aff top is down to pure good luck because of the way other scores have gone and i personally would agree the time for change is now if anyone is to have a real chance at turning things round.

Billy Dodds and Gordon Chisholm seem to be the main names being touted,!! We'll wait and see.........

Who would you like to see as boss HeilanDee?

I'd take Dead ball's suggestion of Bobby Wilson in the blink of an eye, thought he did a great job at County and he'd soon kick some oh they lazy erses into action, but doubt if he could be ersed wi the grief (or tak a drop in income fae the tiling :rotflmao: ).Billy Dodds seems to be gettin touted a lot along with Gordon Chisholm (who i'd be more than happy with) on the strength of his friendship with John Bennet,the ex Arab director who is "investing" money at Dens just now.The latest "dream" ticket the press have latched onto is Craigy Broon and Billy Davies but cannae see the funds being available for that pairing.The other candidate i'd be happy enough to see return would be Jocky Scott,who going back to the original point of your thread was scandelously sacked by the Marrs at the beginning of their ruinous tenure after taking us to our highest SPL placing ever,albeit playing no affy bonny fitba.

Edited by Heilandee