FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Zander

stevico1

Have seen him a few times in reserves where his performances have been a mix of good, bad and indifferent.

It's obvious Brew doesn't like him as he's not not much of a target man for the high ball a la Brewster/Bayne/Wood. I might have included Rory in that last three but he can't jump as high as Zander.

Guest CaleyJAGGIE

well there is alot of competiton for a place in mifield at the moment.. with the likes of imrie, cowie and black who r playing very well this season.

but id like to see him come on as a subs more

If Brew were ever to go with Imrie up front which he has done on occasions this season, surely he could slot Zander in that left-wing position. He would certainly do a better job there than McBain imo.

He looked impressive during pre-season and obviously his time on loan at Elgin helped.

Brew said the youngsters would all get a chance this season. So he should may'be give the little man a shout.

That would be an error, in my opinion, the lad has great potential.

We all base our judgement on what we've seen on the field, which isn't very much really. We dont know what effort is put in on the training field. The workrate and all that. Maybe there's good reason why he doesn't feature.

That would be an error, in my opinion, the lad has great potential.

We all base our judgement on what we've seen on the field, which isn't very much really. We dont know what effort is put in on the training field. The workrate and all that. Maybe there's good reason why he doesn't feature.

that may well be the case Alex although I hope not as I always though he was one of the younger players with great potential , but like you say we have no idea what goes on in training,

i had high hopes at the start of the season after zanders comments of beating a oath to brews door and brews comments of being impressed at the way he returned from elgin but have to admit i am disappointed not to have heard of him featuring and really am begining to think he may be on his way out.

could be a big mistake to let him go as i believe he has the potentil there he may just need to be shown the best way to get it on the park

Zander has not shown any consistency and his best displays were arguably for Elgin City. Unfortunately potential is not everything and attitude is paramount. I will be very surprised if he is offered a new contract as I belive his immediate future lies in the lower leagues, which is no disgrace.

No he had a good season with Elgin & was one of the choices for the 3rd division player of the year!

I think we'll hold onto the fringe players in January as we have such a small squad but I suspect Zander along with a couple of others will be released come the summer.

Not really seen enough of him in SPL action to comment on his ability though. The few times I have seen him he's looked quite good but of course he isn't 6 feet tall :rotflmao: