FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Who will be the 3 candidates?

Tichy_Blacks_Back

Caley Thistle have not approached anyone regarding the position and will draw up a list of the three most favourable candidates after today's meeting (22-Jan-09) at Caledonian Stadium.

Inverness director of football Graeme Bennett claims the Highland club will consider all applicants regardless of nationality or experience.

He said: ?The process for the replacement of the manager has started and that will be ongoing.

?There has already been a fair bit of interest in the position and we are not ruling anybody in or out.

?We have an open book, there is no set criteria, we are just seeing who is available and we will take it from there.

?We are going to sit down and decide who we would like to speak to.

?We have not spoken to anyone about the job yet ? it is up to the board to do that.

?We have gathered some information over the last 24 hours on prospective candidates and the sooner we can arrange interviews the better.?

So if today's board meeting is going to result in three names being put forward then I think they may be:

1) J Robertson

2) A Knox

3) A N Other

I don't think we will see Terry Butcher or Ossie Ardiles on that short-list of candidates being invited for an interview at the club....

Interestingly these are the latest odds and the bookies don't often get it wrong (but where do they get some of these names):

John Robertson 2

Terry Butcher 10/3

Barry Wilson 5

Archie Knox 6

Ossie Ardilles 9

Gordon Chisholm 9

Willie Donnachie 10

Kevin MacDonald 11

Derek McInnes 12

Steven Pressley 14

Eric Black 14

Neale Cooper 16

Colin Calderwood 16

Bruce Rioch 16

Chris Sutton 16

Charlie Christie 16

Stevie Frail 18

Maurice Malpas 20

Colin Hendry 20

Alex Rae 20

Jim Duffy 22

Derek Adams 25

Duncan Shearer 33

Craig Brown 33

Steve Paterson 33

Bobby Williamson 33

Edited by L_G

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given that for most of January Brew was evidently one defeat away from the sack, I kind of thought that the board would have already given a lot of thought to this subject and would know exactly who they wanted.

Edited by Yngwie

Interestingly these are the latest odds and the bookies don't often get it wrong (but where do they get some of these names):

John Robertson 2

Terry Butcher 10/3

Barry Wilson 5

Archie Knox 6

Ossie Ardilles 9

Gordon Chisholm 9

Willie Donnachie 10

Kevin MacDonald 11

Derek McInnes 12

Steven Pressley 14

Eric Black 14

Neale Cooper 16

Colin Calderwood 16

Bruce Rioch 16

Chris Sutton 16

Charlie Christie 16

Stevie Frail 18

Maurice Malpas 20

Colin Hendry 20

Alex Rae 20

Jim Duffy 22

Derek Adams 25

Duncan Shearer 33

Craig Brown 33

Steve Paterson 33

Bobby Williamson 33

Where do they get the names? ...... when any job in Scotland comes along you can be sure they will contain a tried and tested formula of names ..... In Caley Thistle's case that will always include

• Former managers - because we have done it before with Brewster.
  • Out of work managers with a connection to the area - because of the "geography problem".
  • Out of work managers who are Scottish - because we are in the SPL.
  • Ageing or recently retired players looking to get into management - because we did it with CC & Brewster.
  • Up and coming managers from lower leagues - because they are quoted for every job.
  • People we were allegedly interested in last time round - because it requires no research.
  • People who actually declare an interest - and if they dont get it they will be included in the list next time.

Looking at the list, that takes care of about 90% of them - the rest come from a journo's imagination

believe the guy in the middle may have lost a lot of weight since that pic was taken ! although the Three Tenors is pretty much what the other two will be told their budget for new players is.

believe the guy in the middle may have lost a lot of weight since that pic was taken ! although the Three Tenors is pretty much what the other two will be told their budget for new players is.

:rotflmao: - spot on about the size of the war chest available to the new manager when he is announced....I assume Louie was never really in the running then?

Edited by Tichy_Blacks_Back

Near impossible to say who'll be on any shortlist without knowing what approach the club are taking.

I imagine it will be very different if they are looking more towards someone in the short term (till end of season) than if they were looking long term....people in jobs already being far less likely to jump ship for a 4 or 5 month contract.

There's also the fact that people like Adilles might just fancy the job short term in order to put themselves back in the shop window....but not so willing to commit longer term.

Unfortunately we can't afford to risk an unproven manager, so anyone with less than a couple of years under their belt should be scored off the list (maybe one might make suitable assistant though).

Club Statement

BBC Item

There is a statement on the club site and also being reported now by BBC that appointment will be next week after interviews over the weekend....today's media conference was cancelled due to football business....

Edited by Tichy_Blacks_Back

Give them credit for acting relatively quickly following Brewster's dismissal.

I think the time frame they have given is about right, a balance between haste and caution. No point in rushing into an appointment but time, as has been pointed out by Harry Chibber, is counting down as far as the transfer window is concerned. Should have punted Brew before Christmas but no point dwelling on it.

Down South means that no-one is elimanted as they could be going to see barry about being part of the structure or could be going to see robbo who could be down there on a business trip

I should have clarified on my earlier post, which came from BBC Scotland in Glasgow...

To them... the term "Down South" means Engerland....

Down South means that no-one is elimanted as they could be going to see barry about being part of the structure or could be going to see robbo who could be down there on a business trip

I should have clarified on my earlier post, which came from BBC Scotland in Glasgow...

Good, Colin Calderwood it is then !

Good, Colin Calderwood it is then !

Did someone not say that Terry Butcher is based in the South of England now?

Looks like we will be speculating until next week.