FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Penalty-kick taker?

Sneckboy

There are some interesting stats around on this just now: can't remember the details but keepers in Scottish Prem have saved more of pens hit to their right than their left: none have been saved when hit down the middle! Ross and McKay's misses will contribute to keeper's saves to their right!

Looks like Man U need to practice penalties.  Even though Sunderland managed to miss 3 of their 5, Utd missed 4!  Quite astonishing and surely a new low for Utd.    When was the last time as many as 7 of the first 10 penalties were missed in a shoot out I wonder?

There was a bad one a few years back but I'm struggling to remember what it was so appealing to those who still have a decent memory. Not as bad as this one though  :amazed:

You either need to hit a penalty in the bottom or top corners (top a bit more risky) and with plenty of pace. Do that and the keeper has no chance

I would generally agree with this, however my new theory is to aim for the goalies head as it will move 99% of the time?    

Penalties taken for ICT. (Last: Ross Draper (scored) v. Hearts 2nd Feb 2014)

Aoran Doran (100%) Y Y 

Greg Tansey (100%) Y Y

Ross Draper (100%) Y Y    

James Vincent (100%) Y

Nick Ross (75%) Y Y X Y

Billy McKay (73%) Y  Y  Y  Y  Y  Y  Y  X  X  X  Y

Graeme Shinnie (60%) Y Y Y X X

Richie Foran (33%) X X Y

After looking again at the penalties, I think I'd give the job to Tansey.  His penalty was unstoppable, as was Nick's.  Billy's was the best I've seen him take. Draper's was as cool as you like. Even Shinnie's wasn't badly hit, just too close to, and at a good height for the keeper, who guessed right too.

But on balance, Tansey for me. He hits them with such power, that I doubt any keeper could stop them, even if they got a hand to one.

I think we should sell the video of that shoot out to Man Utd. 

Shinnie's was a poor kick but the other four were top class penalties with Tansey's being the pick of the bunch.  I can't see Aberdeen wanting the final to go to penalties.

Who will be our regular penalty taker now?  Note that Vincent, who was our nominated penalty taker before getting injured, had been subbed after 90 minutes and couldn't take one. 

Shinnie's was a poor kick but the other four were top class penalties with Tansey's being the pick of the bunch. 

For me it was Ross who hit the best one, and a massive improvement on his previous weak effort.  Would prefer seeing Tansey as our designated penalty taker though, if he keeps his place in the team.