FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

LATAPY ?

Sneckboy, you are quite entitled to form your own opinions....but you are not entitled to form your own facts, especially erroneous ones.

Tomorrow nights match will be the 13th game in 46 days for ICT.  No other team has had a schedule that comes anywhere close to that.

What makes it even harder to swallow is that it was not a situation of our making.

I take exception to that, CaleyD.

If I'm posting, then I fastidiously check my statistics before submitting. I stand by my observations that we've played no less games than Aberdeen, Celtic, Dundee United or St Johnstone.

OK,  I don't doubt for a minute your stats - but the figures I 'quoted' were for the full season!

But, while I'm on, I've got to say, this obsession with tiredness is incredible.

If Billy was knocking the goals in, I doubt anyone would be saying, "hey, Billy must be tired around now, we've got to rest him"!

Luis Suarez playing for Uruguay at the World Cup? - after the season he's had, at that level? No thanks, he'll be too tired!!

Sorry for the sarcasm, but this 'too tired' applies to all teams! How can't folk see that? It's their job! We don't get 'rested' at our jobs!

To be brutally honest, in football, 'needing a rest' tends to mean, not good enough!

And finally, ICTOline is surely forum for all - not just for folk wanting to 'big the club up' at any cost - what it is, and should hopefully remain to be, is a platform for discussion, with both praise and criticism. But what it's not is a fans' forum, per se...one doesn't exist!

We've only one discussion forum (demonstrating how small a club we are), so naturally there will be conflict!

Do we really want the irony of a split into (Caley Happy Clappers) and Inverness Constructive Talk - (ICT)?

There would surely remain some bitter resentment if the two ever tried to merge?! 

I think its the fact you fail to take into account the amount of games played in a short space of time and the sizes of the squads. Lets forget Celtic as they have a different line up every week and have a squad near 40. 

Where other teams had European "campaigns" (or competitive pre season fixtures essentially) they were not all piled into 6 weeks. Also, most of those extra games come in a period where there is space between games and the players are fresh, having only just started the season.

And on Suarez, I'm sure he's more than happy to play for his country at the world cup... he's hardly had any cup games, no European games and missed 4 games through suspension at the start of the season.

But forgetting any specific player by name, how often have players struggled at summer tournaments because they are running on empty. It happens quite a lot. Especially to English players or other Premiership players who don't get a winter break.

However in saying all that, it shouldn't be an issue for the next 5 weeks as they've had a 2 week break and I'd like to think the management team would have squeezed some rest days in there to freshen them up.