FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Fixtures 2014-15

caleydawson

Tasty first game in lower leagues The Rangers v Hearts 

Yeah, that game will steal all the media attention on the opening day. And The Rangers fans will, I'm sure, take great glee in letting us all know they had more supporters at Ibrox that day than the entire Premiership put together.

I think we have  a very difficult start (Like Kingsmills says ) two newly promoted teams who will be well up for it and then Motherwell Away and Celtic at home  if we have 6 pts out of these 4 games I will be chuffed

Getting a tingle of anticipation looking at the fixtures! As much as I enjoy the World Cup, nothing beats the weekly gamut of emotions of following your league club - for me anyway!

Those games will soon be here. We've a full month of pre-season friendlies coming up, starting in just a fortnight.

Looking at our fixtures, we start with a bang, playing 3 games in 8 days, followed by two home matches, taking us up to the end of August. Then there's an International break and we don't resume until mid-September. Those 5 games could be viewed as the first 'checkpoint' - I hope we'll be on at least 7 points.

• Agree 1

Getting a tingle of anticipation looking at the fixtures! As much as I enjoy the World Cup, nothing beats the weekly gamut of emotions of following your league club - for me anyway!

Those games will soon be here. We've a full month of pre-season friendlies coming up, starting in just a fortnight.

Looking at our fixtures, we start with a bang, playing 3 games in 8 days, followed by two home matches, taking us up to the end of August. Then there's an International break and we don't resume until mid-September. Those 5 games could be viewed as the first 'checkpoint' - I hope we'll be on at least 7 points.

Forget 7 points a minimum of 13 or its Hughes out time  :wink:

• Agree 1

Two home games pre split against each of Celtic and County. The fixture computer has been kind to us from a financial point of view. Not so good that our first two games are against the newly promoted sides who will be fired up and full of enthusiasm for the season ahead.

Hamilton away for the opener is tough: plastic pitch + new boys wanting to impress. For me, those first 5 games have banana skin written all over them! Hope I'm wrong - would be great to get a start like last year!

• 1 month later...

Yeah saw that the other day. Just need the ones in September to be sorted out now. Travel is so expensive unless you get the cheap tickets so I need to know a wee bit before the games to make it worthwhile.

Going down for this fixture finally, first time seeing Caley Jags at NDP.

I must be one of the few that actually like this ground, though I've never sat in the stand behind the goal if this is where we will be seated.

• 3 weeks later...

Ridiculous they've been allowed to make this change with a little over two weeks before the game is played. Fans will have seen the first fixture move and assumed it was now safe to buy travel tickets, sort out accommodation etc and then they go and move the match again.

I suspect that this is due to Celtic getting papped out of the CL but if this was a risk (and it clearly was an obvious one) why move the game forward to Saturday lunchtime when that risk still exists that it would need to be moved again? They should have stuck it down for Sunday and left it at that. That way no matter what happened to Celtic in the CL fans could have made their plans safe in the knowledge the fixture wouldn't be changed again.

Another fuck up from the SPFL.

• Agree 1

• 4 months later...