FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Swearing

MissICT

Swearing shows a complete lack of intelligence,

What utter nonsense. The only people who say this are the PC brigade loving smearing is wrong mob. Another one that often gets trotted out by these nuts is "Swearing is used by people who have a small volcabulary". What a load of rubbish. You often find that the people who swear most have a rather large volcabulary. Now go back to writing complaints about stuff you never even heard.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How absolutely sad!

A lady comes on here to express a view held by many of us! Do I swear? Of course I do! Do I swear in front of young children? Don't be silly, of course not!

Time and place comes to mind and if you think you can come on here with bully boy tactics and drown out the voice of people, like me, with the use of swear words in your text, to back up your point, think again!!

This club needs all the support it can get and if this is offensive, in the family section, and drives the families away, you are no better than Brewster at tactics and indeed, are very similar in reducing the support!.

I personnally as a rule don't swear in day to day life, stubbing toe, numpty pulling out in front off me in car etc aside and only if kids are not around.

But When at the football that is a place where I let rip. Its supposed to be a passionate game and passions can run high at times. When I have taken my son(aged 12) to a game I tell him that I might say the odd dodgey word and its part of supporting your team especially when people like Brewster are ruining the team you support. This hasn't turned him into a fowl mouthed chav. He knows its part of the game and has said that school its as bad if not worse.

I have a bigger gripe with the mothers who stand outside my youngest boys (aged 5) classroom at beginning and end of the day,swearing, smoking, talking about what they did to their latest boyfriend at the weekend. That I think is more inappropriate the swearing at a game of football

Edited by Dewsburydude

you can all go and boil your heads!

:o

I'm hugely offended. You deserve to banned for life with terrible, unintellectual and most of all, down-right offensive language such as that.

Seconded. I near pebble dashed my monitor with cornflakes from shock when I read that. Typical of todays ICT fan, I guess... :rotflmao:

Edited by Jay_7

Eh? Bully boy responses? Dont see that at all Alex. Could you tell us what post is bullying.

Miss ICT obviously wanted an opinion and thats what she got, the Carlsberg one was quite amusing. I think being a little less sensitive may help.

Swearing always will be part and parcel of the game, and it is a valid point, no doubt, however i think that if you want to go somewhere where swear words will not be heard, then a football stadium is a poor choice, family section or not.

Christ sake mun. Get a sense of humour then go back and read every word I wrote. Sorry if I forgot the tongue in cheek smiley

You can sing what you like.

ok?

do what you like.

I don't care anymore.

Oh cool. I was starting to think about and was slowly coming round to your euphoric idea of TCS, but since you've given up, I'll just continue to swear loudly. That is, if it's absolutely OK with you?...

Edited by Jay_7

I think thats very offensive towards Deer who had, and may i add still have, their heads boiled.

Miss ICT - you raised a good point and i think you have stimulated a lot of discussion,for and against. The forum would be a very boring place if people only presented obvious or bland topics.

Edited by Kirishima

You all make me ashamed.

Trying to justify awful language, so just because you hear it in other places doesn't make it acceptable? As adults you should be setting an example.

This club needs all the support it can get and if this is offensive, in the family section, and drives the families away, you are no better than Brewster at tactics and indeed, are very similar in reducing the support!. This quote is exactly right.

You all rant on here about wanting to get rid of Brewster, I am sure the board listen to a bunch of men who think shouting Brewster get to f**k is acceptable. Of course they don't!

Edited by KMCN

Billy Connolly made a career out of swearing -a very intelligent move.

Some people swear because they can't find the words to express themselves.

Some people swear because they think it's big to do so.

Some people swear because it appears to be a natural way to express emotion in trying circumstances

Some people swear because it adds seriousness to their disquiet.

Some people are offended by swearing.

Some people swear to offend.

Some people aren't in the least bit offended by swearing.

I guess we are all different.

Seems a bit much to suppress it completely.

Eh? Bully boy responses? Dont see that at all Alex. Could you tell us what post is bullying.

Miss ICT obviously wanted an opinion and thats what she got, the Carlsberg one was quite amusing. I think being a little less sensitive may help.

Swearing always will be part and parcel of the game, and it is a valid point, no doubt, however i think that if you want to go somewhere where swear words will not be heard, then a football stadium is a poor choice, family section or not.

Christ sake mun. Get a sense of humour then go back and read every word I wrote. Sorry if I forgot the tongue in cheek smiley

Alex - Sorry! Re-read and i see it now, i am a feckin eejit!

Guest CaleyJAGGIE

for **** sake its a ******* football game get a ******* grip.haha

we were actually showing how passionate we are to get brewster out of our club!

I suggest the following chants

Brewster, Brewster, please resign

Brewster, Brewster, please quit your job

Board members, please dismiss him

Remain seated, if you want the manager to leave

Brewster you are underperforming

KMCN - which one would the board listen to? We all really want him gone so if you could help us out here...

I hate Russel Brand and Jonathin Ross. There unfunny prank calls have made everyone jump on the censorship bandwagon. Kids WILL hear swearing at some point. Better they hear it at somewhere like a football stadium where parents can explain to their children that these things are best not repeated at certain times.

Trying to justify awful language,

Oh come on, there's people dying in this world and all some people can compain about is words. I for one find that rather sad.

This coming from the person who at the bottom has "Brewster must go". People are dying in the world and all you can worry about is who manages your football team. Shame on you.

This coming from the person who at the bottom has "Brewster must go". People are dying in the world and all you can worry about is who manages your football team. Shame on you.

I can see both sides of the argument. If you sit in the family section then you should be immune to exposing your young 'uns to swearing. However that all goes to pot when half the stand chants "Brewster GTF" - You have to accept that swearing on that scale is unavoidable.

Can You No Just Close This Forum?

I Have Heard Enough.

I Am Willing To Accept That You Can Swear At The Match!

It's A Mans Game And A Woman Can't Change Things!

Thanks

Swearing at football wouldn't be changed even if a man tried to change it. Its part of football culture and you just have to live with it. I don't see a problem with it. If your offended and you take your kids, then don't take your kids if your that offended. Most parents will easily explain to their kids what its all about and in a few years time if they still support the club their kids will be like that.

I can see both sides of the argument. If you sit in the family section then you should be immune to exposing your young 'uns to swearing. However that all goes to pot when half the stand chants "Brewster GTF" - You have to accept that swearing on that scale is unavoidable.

I understand that swearing is unavoidable. However, MissICT was just making a point that it could be cut down on.

I will ask any of you who work in retail, hospitality, care, hospitals etc. Would swearing be acceptable at work? If you swore at a customer, patient what actually would happen? My point is that although it is unavoidable that doesn't mean people should have to accept it?