FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Supporters Trust Meeting

CaleyD

Thanks to all who came along and contributed. Certainly an interesting evening with as much concern voiced about what's happening off the park as what's happening on it. If anyone was looking for a unanimous "Brewster must go" outcome then that wasn't to be as there are considerable numbers of fans who feel that would not be appropriate.

However, I do think the statement above is a truthful reflection of the common concern felt by all ICT fans right now.

Job done. Well done to all who participated. Excellent answer to Mr Tulloch and Mr Grassa. The ball has been very publicly served into their court.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe..........just maybe..........tonight has shown that the consensus is very much split and that we should all be doing what is being asked from Sutherland (Tulloch) down to the players. That is we all pull together and get us out of the mess. The manager is well aware that he is very much in the spotlight and the DoF has publicly stated that improvements are a must. Players know they must improve if they want to profit.

I would have said, had I been at the meeting, "Lets all get behind the team. Lets get back to the support we once were. And lets all get fired up for win, win, win".

All hands on deck and we can save our season. And a top six is only a couple of wins away.

:rotflmao:

Trust statement is fair enough. Those who attended seem satified. And it does address the communication problem (aloofness) and general running of the club.

Ultimately, that is the biggest problem. Too many of the executive management have become far too comfortable (lazy) in their positions. They deserve to be brought to account.

The only time we did hear from them was in the paper, generally to criticise the fans for ruffling their feathers. Its a poor show and they have only themselves to blame for the bad relationship that now exists.

as Gordyfromsneck said, the ball is now in their court, will DS (Tullochs) be back to the Courier with more attacks? Who knows?

Anyway, big things have small beginnings

My take on tonight's events..........

I wouldn't underestimate the strength of feeling among those at the meeting this evening, nor the desire to see a change of Manager.

From what the majority of people were saying at the meeting I was left feeling that the general consensus among many is that the problems being seen on the pitch are a reflection of problems which exist in just about every area and at every level throughout the club.

After everyone had a chance to get their feelings aired and we entered into further discussion opinions seemed to be split between those who felt that now was either too early or too late to be putting a new manager in place....loosely based around views that disruption of this nature could further damage confidence going into two vital matches against Partick and Hamilton, and those who felt that enough was enough.

I think the actions/statement which came from the meeting met the middle ground on those opinions and were the right ones given the circumstances. As much as we might doubt the Board...and a lot do...we have to believe (give them the benefit of the doubt) that they have some kind of plan/contingency in place and the question as to what exactly that is has been asked.

As has been said earlier in this thread, the ball is now firmly in the clubs court and it is my opinion/belief that should the club fail to respond to the statement, or fail to deliver improvements (not just on the park) then the subject will be raised again at the Trust AGM and I don't think the mood will allow suggestions of such a lenient nature.

I also think it's important that the outcome of this meeting is not seen as a slight on anyone who has been protesting, either on here, through letters/emails to the club or at games. It is the actions of such fans that has brought the discontent of the wider fan base to the fore and thus served a purpose.

The Meeting tonight has called for all fans to get behind the TEAM for the important upcoming fixtures and I am confident that by setting aside our grievances for now, it will not be viewed as a stand down or softening of opinion on the part of the fans, certainly not by those who were in attendance tonight and I, personally, would urge the club not to view it as such either.

My take on tonight's events..........

I wouldn't underestimate the strength of feeling among those at the meeting this evening, nor the desire to see a change of Manager.

From what the majority of people were saying at the meeting I was left feeling that the general consensus among many is that the problems being seen on the pitch are a reflection of problems which exist in just about every area and at every level throughout the club.

After everyone had a chance to get their feelings aired and we entered into further discussion opinions seemed to be split between those who felt that now was either too early or too late to be putting a new manager in place....loosely based around views that disruption of this nature could further damage confidence going into two vital matches against Partick and Hamilton, and those who felt that enough was enough.

I think the actions/statement which came from the meeting met the middle ground on those opinions and were the right ones given the circumstances. As much as we might doubt the Board...and a lot do...we have to believe (give them the benefit of the doubt) that they have some kind of plan/contingency in place and the question as to what exactly that is has been asked.

As has been said earlier in this thread, the ball is now firmly in the clubs court and it is my opinion/belief that should the club fail to respond to the statement, or fail to deliver improvements (not just on the park) then the subject will be raised again at the Trust AGM and I don't think the mood will allow suggestions of such a lenient nature.

I also think it's important that the outcome of this meeting is not seen as a slight on anyone who has been protesting, either on here, through letters/emails to the club or at games. It is the actions of such fans that has brought the discontent of the wider fan base to the fore and thus served a purpose.

The Meeting tonight has called for all fans to get behind the TEAM for the important upcoming fixtures and I am confident that by setting aside our grievances for now, it will not be viewed as a stand down or softening of opinion on the part of the fans, certainly not by those who were in attendance tonight and I, personally, would urge the club not to view it as such either.

I have a feeling the club will view it just as that though, that they have won. I was surprised/disappointed to hear someone bringing up the old "but it's difficult to bring players to Inverness" also the frankly ridiculous "I can't think of one manager available within our reach to replace Brewster"...

Sums up how some of our support are I guess... :rotflmao:

I have a feeling the club will view it just as that though, that they have won. I was surprised/disappointed to hear someone bringing up the old "but it's difficult to bring players to Inverness" also the frankly ridiculous "I can't think of one manager available within our reach to replace Brewster"...

Very much agree with that....

Although as the report says the Trust were divided on whether Brewster should remain as manager, I'd say more than 80% of that meeting would prefer to see him go now.

I'm also quite sure that same 80% could quite readily name at least one potential future manager within our reach...

The comments that came from Dave Milroy were surprising too, i thought as an ex player and manager he would notice that the players were not performing and tactically it was a shambles, however he supported the management fully... strange.

The comments that came from Dave Milroy were surprising too, i thought as an ex player and manager he would notice that the players were not performing and tactically it was a shambles, however he supported the management fully... strange.

Were I a board member, I think I would listen more closely to Dave Milroy than some armchair managers!

It seems strange and I feel sure he must still have some contact within the club, that the loss of the dressing room was not an issue with him.

Blood is thicker than water it would appear.

My opinion is that the longer the club leaves the current situation as it is, the closer we get to relegation.

Good to see the club have taken a couple of guys on loan though, they are obviously aware that something is wrong, but do they have the vision to steer us clear of trouble.

I share your fears, which is why I raised the point at the end about what should be done if they do choose to ignore us. I didn't want the trust to be making threats or giving ultimatums (yet) as that can often be counter productive, but I think their was definite support in the room for stronger action should the club shrug off the request in the agreed statement which was produced.

Further to some of the comments above, I think some have confused the "now's not the time" argument with a "support for Brewster" argument. I don't think that was the case at all and a large portion of those who don't think he should be sacked right now were of a mind that it should have happened weeks ago, or needs to wait till after the next two games.

Some statements from the floor were, IMO, baffling...that's always the case at these meetings. Personally I think some of the things said were intentionally trying to draw specific answers/responses, and I was actually glad nobody fell into the trap on a couple of occasions because it could have dragged the meeting off in the wrong direction or twisted it to make it look like it was something it wasn't.

Having talked to a few people during the break and after the meeting I don't think many have changed their opinion that Brewster needs to go, but I think there's an uneasy agreement that for it to happen right this minute would possibly do more harm than good. I'm not certain I agree with waiting any longer, but I do understand the argument.

I'm sure the subject will be raised again at the Trust AGM on the 22nd regardless of what happens against Partick and Hamilton, so opportunity will exist for further discussion then.

George Fraser on North Tonight:

"I've already said we'll be investing in new players for the team to help retain our SPL status"

"We don't run a closed shop here, the opposite in fact"

:rotflmao: :thumb04:

You know the rules on personal abuse. A.M

Edited by Alex MacLeod

Guest Jincha

"In view of the current position of the football club, reflected in our current league placing and recent poor performances, we urge the board of the football club to, as much as possible, make clear to supporters in the next week its strategy to ensure that Inverness Caledonian Thistle retains its place in the SPL.

In addition, we ask that the club urgently investigates how they can better communicate with the fans, retail merchanndise to the fans and generally make the matchday experience a more enjoyable one.

We remain fully behind the ICT team at this time and urge all fans to do the same".

Despite diverse opinions on some matters at the meeting, the above statement was agreed by the meeting and reflects the general concerns shown by the fans present.

Much has been made by the ST board that the intention of the meeting was not to oust the manager. That being the case, and in light of the generic (public) statement to the FC board as above, in an effort to support the manager through these tough times was it considered that he might be worthy of a personal letter of support from the ST board? He is part of the team that we all support, and you have stated we should get fully behind?

The subject of giving wider support was raised and quickly quashed. I think it's fair to say that the it wasn't felt possible that the meeting could extend it's words of support beyond that which is mentioned in the statement.

Guest Jincha

The subject of giving wider support was raised and quickly quashed. I think it's fair to say that the it wasn't felt possible that the meeting could extend it's words of support beyond that which is mentioned in the statement.

Thank-you CD. It does suggest the statement is a bit disingenuous if the support is really for the players only.

Much has been made by the ST board that the intention of the meeting was not to oust the manager. That being the case, and in light of the generic (public) statement to the FC board as above, in an effort to support the manager through these tough times was it considered that he might be worthy of a personal letter of support from the ST board? He is part of the team that we all support, and you have stated we should get fully behind?

Just to add to what CaleyD has said, if the statement in any way suggested that the ST and the fans should be behind Brewster, it would not be representative of the views expressed at the meeting.