FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Hamilton Smileymometer

My mind travelled back to the Tartan Army days - the days of Berti Vogts. Ya went to a game dispirited, with little belief of actually winning, sang yer hearts out - We'll be coming" - and then after fantastic pre match bonding - you stand / sit there for a couple of hours and you have to watch the direst garbage imaginable. You say / sing / state yer resentment and then rejoin yer peers in drowning yer sorrows. Well I loved the Hamilton trip - apart from the period between 14.50 and 17.50.

As fer the game I may surprise you by saying that the second half perfomance had positives and gives me hope of survival. The first half was wholly spoiled by Brewsters tactics but we deserved a point at least by the end and you could see that there was no lack of passion, determination and/or spirit. Hamilton were AWFUL and they beat us !!

ESSON :015: :D :P Had relatively little to do but showed a sense of urgency from the first touch to the very last - regularly bantered with the fans and applauded at the end.

ROSSCOE :021: :D :D :D :D My man of the match and now a TRUE LEGEND in my eyes. The man epitomised the old spirit. He gave his feckin all and how I wish he had scored late on. At the end he stormed off to the dressing room. I suspect he may have been a bit mad at the Brew chanting - on top of everything else - but he gave 110% yesterday and he showed that he is passionate about this club - RESPECT

MIHADJUKS :D :D :D Looks good fer the future - Clearly not match fit - so why was he started ?

MUNRO :D :D :D Best game of the season - Appeared to be relieved / released by the fact that he wasnt partnering Bambi or Maguire. Again made a B line to the support at the end - RESPECT

HASTINGS :D :D One question - why did he start ?

ROYSTER :D :D :lol: A bit of an invisible day - but why was he played wide, wide rite fer the first twenty minutes before being put back in to partner Duncan

COWIE :D :D :018: One question - same one as the last ten smileymometers - Where was he supposed to be playing ? I tried to keep an eye on him and from my perspective his position changed FIVE times in the first half - and none where he had an influence - why didnt he start wide, wide rite instead of Royster ?

DUNCAN :D :D :D Usual sturdy performance - unsung hero - and did he look cheesed off at being hooked or what ?

VIGURS :D :D ;) So we have a young man who is capable of taking over the playmaker role from Ian Black - so why play him on the wide, wide left - even putting Royster in central midfield before him.

MORAIS :D :D :rotflmao: A bit Niculae - esque but that is not a bad thing. He isnt match fit and the conditions didnt suit either - he is not exactly the first pick for a relegation battle in a gale and driving wind. One for the future without a doubt BUT why did he start ?

BARROWMAN :D :D :thumb04: Personally I would have given Rooney a run before him but AGAIN - one look at the conditions and I would have had Barrowboy and Morais sitting it out and sent on the two battlers - Wood and Rooney - from the off - especially with a howling gale behind us in the first half.

SUBS - Why Wood first ? Why Rooney too late ? Imrie was dire - he spent more time trying to communicate with the fans.

OH - and did anyone else notice that FIVE players - albeit surreptitiously - responded by a clap, a nod, a thumbs up or wink to the Brewster Out chants.

So why didnt we win ? CRAIG BREWSTER

Edited by IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

What's this all about.... :rotflmao:

Somebody having fun with the BBC?

BBC Sport Player Rater man of the match: Caley Thistle's Pavel Mihadjuks 10.00 (on 90 minutes).

BBC Hamilton v ICT report

Perhaps the rain got in my eyes ? He had relatively little to do - he was effective enuff - and looks good - but rarely ventured forward or showed the urgency of Munro or Tokely.

Didnt think Tokely was that good, mind you couldnt really have said anyone was that good!!!!

It was tough for the team in the weather conditions but i think our defence looks slightly beter wiv pavels in it rather than Proctor or Mcguire.

Not many chances created though and thats the bit that scares me.

Pavels played because even half fit he's better than Mcguire/Duff/Proctor.

Granty spoiled a no bad day at the office by giving away a penalty.. no need to stick the foot, Hamilton dive at every opportunity.

Cowie was so bad, was it where he played? he sould be the wide player not Roy.

Get rid of the **** Brew.

Daily Record Player Ratings

INVERNESS CT

Ryan Esson: No chance with penalty and did well in shocking conditions. 6

Ross Tokely: Dangerous from long range and rarely looked troubled. 6

Ross McBain: Lost the ball at times but always keen to try to make things happen. 6

Russell Duncan: Didn't look comfortable in the conditions. 4

Grant Munro: Gave away penalty but decent tussles with Thomas and Akins. 6

Don Cowie: Seemed to run out of steam. 5

Richard Hastings: Given a tough time by young McGowan but got better. 6

Pavel Mihadjuks: Made some big challenges. 5

Iain Vigurs: One of side's top men. 6

Filipe Morais:Wasteful in front of goal. 6

Andrew Barrowman: Hooked after a poor first half. 3

Subs: Garry Wood - caused more problems than Barrowman, 5. Dougie Imrie - should have started, 5. Adam Rooney - did little to show why he's a fans' favourite, 2.

Interesting comments on subs especially Rooney - they must be reading the threads on this site :rotflmao:

Guest CaleyJAGGIE

indeed hamiltion way good crack! we didnt stop singing the whole game.. its just a pitty that half the stand were singing different songs lol

Daily Record Player Ratings

INVERNESS CT

Ryan Esson: No chance with penalty and did well in shocking conditions. 6

Ross Tokely: Dangerous from long range and rarely looked troubled. 6

Ross McBain: Lost the ball at times but always keen to try to make things happen. 6

Russell Duncan: Didn't look comfortable in the conditions. 4

Grant Munro: Gave away penalty but decent tussles with Thomas and Akins. 6

Don Cowie: Seemed to run out of steam. 5

Richard Hastings: Given a tough time by young McGowan but got better. 6

Pavel Mihadjuks: Made some big challenges. 5

Iain Vigurs: One of side's top men. 6

Filipe Morais:Wasteful in front of goal. 6

Andrew Barrowman: Hooked after a poor first half. 3

Subs: Garry Wood - caused more problems than Barrowman, 5. Dougie Imrie - should have started, 5. Adam Rooney - did little to show why he's a fans' favourite, 2.

Interesting comments on subs especially Rooney - they must be reading the threads on this site :thumb04:

Ross Mcbain? :rotflmao: :018: