FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

BREWSTER SACKED

DALNEIGHCALEY

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now can the board follow this up by getting the right person in and doing it quickly to save our season. Think its incredible they left it this late and after letting brewster sign 4 or 5 players in the last two weeks but better late than never.

Inverness sack manager Brewster

Brewster is no longer in charge at the Caledonian Stadium

Inverness Caledonian Thistle have parted company with manager Craig Brewster after a run of seven consecutive league defeats.

The Highland club sit bottom of the Scottish Premier League table, one point adrift of 11th-placed Falkirk.

Brewster was in his second spell at the club, having resumed control of the team in August 2007.

The 42-year-old enjoyed a successful stint as player-manager before leaving for Dundee United in January 2006.

A miserable run at Tannadice ended after just three victories in 10 months and Brewster returned to playing with Aberdeen before his return to the Caledonian Stadium.

Assistant manager Malcolm Thomson has also been asked to leave, with football director Graeme Bennett taking over on a temporary basis, along with first team coach John Docherty and goalkeeping coach Stuart Garden.

Chairman George Fraser said:"This decision was not taken lightly but we feel it is in the best interests of the club looking forward.

"We thank Craig and Malcolm for their endeavours and extend our best wishes to both for their future.

"The process of identifying a new management team is under way with the target of an early appointment geared to ensuring that the club retains its SPL status for the 2009-10 season."

Thank feck, let's hope we get someone in to raise us from the mire we have been left in. I know I was one of the most outspoken and this is what I have been shouting for for ages but, good luck Brew wherever you find yourself.

:018: Another Brewster's gone thread. If Brewster has gone, I'll eat my hat.

How would you like your hat ? Well done / medium ? Would you like anything with your hat ?

I must say it sure tasted good. :rotflmao:

But seriously, I don't believe it, I really don't. I was just thinking, just a few hours ago that there's no chance he'd go, and that the sacking is even less likely. I really thought he was here for good. I don't believe it. :thumb04:

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas, the champagne thats been on ice since Mid-December will be cracked open after work :rotflmao: :thumb04: :018:

Not really a time for celebration, more like relief and hope.

Just goes to show the power of these 20 supporters

Can't believe Grassa's in temporary charge...

Please have a lick of sense and get Robbo in - even just till the end of the season, then advertise the post...

I think Grassa has had a pop before and won, but I would agree, Robbo till at least the end of the season!