FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Charlie Christie

Reliably_Informed

In some respects he was our best ever manager. And he knows, the club, is immediately available, cheap etc.

He would perhaps worry too much about being the manager who got us relegated.

Edited by Yngwie

Don't think it's fair to even ask the guy....it's a no-win situation.

He stepped down before because of the pressure of the job and there's going to be far more pressure on whoever comes in now that has ever been on any manager at ICT.

If he says no, then the club will see it as him turning his back on them, if he says yes, then he's on a hiding to nothing.

Plus I believe CC is out of the country just now.

I don't think Charlie would take the job and i would hate to see him get pressured into to doing something he didn't want to do. He is not up to the job, he said it himself so why would they go back for him?

I would urge Charlie to say no. Not because I dont think he can do it, but because I think it would be too much pressure on him. We all know he loves the club, and we all know how it affected him before. A coaching or backroom role is best for him - perhaps as assistant to an incoming manager.

And from your link CD he is definitely up for it and I think he should be in the dug out on Saturday in Edinburgh - the guy knows what it means to everybody....

YET AGAIN BACK TO THE PAST RELYING ON WHAT HAS GONE BEFORE, THE JOB KNCKD cc WHY WOULD HE GO BACK??/

I SUGGEST SCOTTY AS MANAGER IHE AS FITNESS COACH WHEN HE FEELS BETTER AND ANYONE ELSE WHO WANTS TO BE HANGERS ON AS THAT IS WHAT THERE IS AT THE TULLOCH NOW.

HAVE YOU EVER GOT A VOICE ON THE END OF THE LINE , ALL I GET ARE ANSWERPHONES, SO MUCH FOR INTERACTION

IHE OVER TO YOU

And from your link CD he is definitely up for it and I think he should be in the dug out on Saturday in Edinburgh - the guy knows what it means to everybody....

YET AGAIN BACK TO THE PAST RELYING ON WHAT HAS GONE BEFORE, THE JOB KNCKD cc WHY WOULD HE GO BACK??/

I SUGGEST SCOTTY AS MANAGER IHE AS FITNESS COACH WHEN HE FEELS BETTER AND ANYONE ELSE WHO WANTS TO BE HANGERS ON AS THAT IS WHAT THERE IS AT THE TULLOCH NOW.

HAVE YOU EVER GOT A VOICE ON THE END OF THE LINE , ALL I GET ARE ANSWERPHONES, SO MUCH FOR INTERACTION

IHE OVER TO YOU

Latviaman - I don't think he should be the permanent manager but if you read the posts you will see I think he is the best suited person to take temporary charge until the new man is in place - a lot better than Bennett who the BBC are currently stating will be in charge on Saturday. This is not a step back but common sense....

Have just read the article quoting Charlie. Sounds like the man himself would have been quite happy to be the interim boss rather than Graeme Bennett but was snubbed again. Charlie is an honourable person who knew what was best for his team even when it mean't his leaving. I don' think he should apply for the full job for lots of reasons but surely he should be found a role within the playing side especially at present.

I think CC could do the job. I think he'd maybe even consider it. Charlies resignation, at the time, had as much to do with the chairman and trying to fit his team around Marius as it did 'family pressures'.

Excuse my french Alex, but the second part of that stinks of the kind of BS that's been spouted in the Heathmount just about every week since Niculae's departure....if you listened to half of what comes out of there then everything that the club is going through just now is either the fault of Niculae and/or Savage.

As to others saying CC should be interim manager. As I said above, I believe he is currently out of the country (Australia) so he wouldn't currently be available to fill the role.

I think CC could do the job. I think he'd maybe even consider it. Charlies resignation, at the time, had as much to do with the chairman and trying to fit his team around Marius as it did 'family pressures'.

Alex like Don said simply not true, and was it not the case the CC offered to resign long before Marius came. I remember speaking to Charlie in pre season and he was dreading the season starting as he hated the pressure of it.

I would urge Charlie to say no. Not because I dont think he can do it, but because I think it would be too much pressure on him. We all know he loves the club, and we all know how it affected him before. A coaching or backroom role is best for him - perhaps as assistant to an incoming manager.

10CC for director of football anyone??? :rotflmao:

While not a bad shout I dont see how a club of our size needs both a manager and a DOF, Levin manages to combine both at Dundee United and seems to do ok

While not a bad shout I dont see how a club of our size needs both a manager and a DOF, Levin manages to combine both at Dundee United and seems to do ok

guess we could afford a half decent manager if we got rid of the one we've got... combined the 2 roles... :thumb04: