FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Going Down Fighting!

Westhillman

Was listening to the scores today and heard the Falkirk score. My initial reaction was the usual spouting of x-rated language. I then realised that I was getting sucked into the usual looking at other teams results syndrome (easily done if you are playing on a Sunday I know!).

Thankfully positive vibes started flowing and it soon dawned on myself that

A) ICT will only stay up if they do indeed treat every match like a cup final and do not worry about what is going on elsewhere in the league.

:rotflmao: I have supported ICT since 94 and I will carry on supporting them no matter where they end up at the end of the season!

I now believe more than ever that TB is perfect for what we have to now achieve and that if ICT end up going down without giving up and fight tooth and nail to stay up then they will get my 100% support until the end of the season starting tomorrow with Celtic.

I hope all true supporters out their will understand what I am saying!!

Share the sentiments and will follow the cause - but passion and effort is simply not enuff - if we go down I want to go down playing football. Butcher has already probably ensured the first ingredients - he has so little time to put in his own system and philosophy. But good luck to him - the best of luck - I believe but only just.

Share the sentiments and will follow the cause - but passion and effort is simply not enuff - if we go down I want to go down playing football. Butcher has already probably ensured the first ingredients - he has so little time to put in his own system and philosophy. But good luck to him - the best of luck - I believe but only just.

If Butcher had been given the job 6 weeks ago, when alarm bells were ringing loud and clear, I'd believe big style -at the moment I just hope. Jesus - I might even pray!

I believe he can keep us up, I have to believe it ..... but like any real ICT supporter, I will still be a supporter whether we are in the SPL or any of the lower divisions. I think the majority of people on here are the same .....

Some people have regarded those who have chosen to direct flak at Brewster or the Board as a sign of not supporting the team ..... I would say the opposite. It is because we support the team that we questioned the choices and direction we seemed to be headed in.

At the end of the day, TB is now in the hotseat and the vibe on here, and evidently from the stadium and training ground is so much more positive. Its time for us all to do our part and answer the Butcher rallying call. Whether you supported his appointment or not, he is there and we have to remain 100% behind the team and go back to being 100% behind the manager.

Guest CaleyJAGGIE

yeah i was listening to sportsound in my mates shed, and reacted the same way! lol i watchd the game on bbc alba and falkirk played really well. they deserved to win the game, pressly was solid!

The current gap between ourselves and Falkirk isnt that big, we all have tough games left to play this years including 2 against Falkirk themselves.

I honestly think its possible for both ICT and Falkirk to overhaul the teams above us. Nevermind what they are doing, lets get down to the business of winning every single game for ourselves.

Edited by clacher_holiday2

Guest kennethhenry

The current gap between ourselves and Falkirk isnt that big, we all have tough games left to play this years including 2 against Falkirk themselves.

I honestly think its possible for both ICT and Falkirk to overhaul the teams above us. Nevermind what they are doing, lets get down to the business of winning every single game for ourselves.

It's possible for Falkirk to overhaul the teams above them. I doubt we can though. We need to concentrate on Falkirk unfortunately. There have been no signs at all so far this season that we have a squad of players capable of doing anything very much in this league. We are under severe pressure to get wins now and the signs aven't exactly been great this season. We have the worst squad of players we have had since we came up too.

I hope I am wrong but to suggest we are going to catch the pack that are 9/10 and more points away from us is pish talk.

Guest kennethhenry

Go and have a dram Kenneth...............there are 15 points available after the split.

Yeah I know. And if you have been watching what I have been watching then you'll understand why I don't think we are suddenly going to turn into a good team all of a sudden. :rotflmao:

The teams above us are going to continue to pick up points as well so our margin for error is absolutely tiny. Points on the board are a mile more important than ifs buts and maybes.

Agree that margins are thin, and getting thinner by the week, but our squad is strenthening and we should start to turn the corner soon. It may well take until after the Rangers game, but we then have a more comfortable run.

Guest kennethhenry

Agree that margins are thin, and getting thinner by the week, but our squad is strenthening and we should start to turn the corner soon. It may well take until after the Rangers game, but we then have a more comfortable run.

I wish I had your confidence. :rotflmao: Not only do we have to produce a sequence of results bettering anything we have done in recent years. But we have to hope that every other team close to us loses continually. That's not going to happen I fear. It's a bit like the situation Dunfermline found themselves in a couple of seasons ago. They ended up quite a bit behind at this stage of the season and even after a good sequence of wins they still went down. It takes it's toll on a side when they simply have to keep producing wins every week. We are not as far behind Falkirk as Dunfermline were behind the Midden but Falkirk ahve a much better squad than us, and indeed a much better squad than the Midden had back then.

I don't think our squad is even as good as what we had last season. We are the weakest outfit in the SPL at the moment as we can see with our league position. Hopefully we ca get a mystery win this afternoon and kick start things.

I wish I had your confidence. :thumb04: Not only do we have to produce a sequence of results bettering anything we have done in recent years. But we have to hope that every other team close to us loses continually. That's not going to happen I fear. It's a bit like the situation Dunfermline found themselves in a couple of seasons ago. They ended up quite a bit behind at this stage of the season and even after a good sequence of wins they still went down. It takes it's toll on a side when they simply have to keep producing wins every week. We are not as far behind Falkirk as Dunfermline were behind the Midden but Falkirk ahve a much better squad than us, and indeed a much better squad than the Midden had back then.

I don't think our squad is even as good as what we had last season. We are the weakest outfit in the SPL at the moment as we can see with our league position. Hopefully we ca get a mystery win this afternoon and kick start things.

Nice post Private Fraser :rotflmao: How depressing when we should at least be harbouring a wee bit of hope with a new manager who hasn't even had a game in charge yet. 5 points is not unsurmountable and this team is capable of turning this around. One or more of the teams near us will have a bad run and I believe we will get our act together. Just BELIEVE until it is mathematically impossible!

I wish I had your confidence. :rotflmao: Not only do we have to produce a sequence of results bettering anything we have done in recent years. But we have to hope that every other team close to us loses continually. That's not going to happen I fear. It's a bit like the situation Dunfermline found themselves in a couple of seasons ago. They ended up quite a bit behind at this stage of the season and even after a good sequence of wins they still went down. It takes it's toll on a side when they simply have to keep producing wins every week. We are not as far behind Falkirk as Dunfermline were behind the Midden but Falkirk ahve a much better squad than us, and indeed a much better squad than the Midden had back then.

Just BELIEVE until it is mathematically impossible!

Exactly right, I know for a fact the players now believe they can stay up and while they believe that we have a real chance

yes we are staying up. i predict a win today will set the ball rolling. i don't know what it is but when the players have an air of confidence about them, they almost seem unbeatable. celtic aren't that good a team, they are relying a lot on the fact that rangers have their worst squad in years, and they feed off the 'fear' from the smaller teams when they coma calling. this time though there isn't going to be any fear, so we have a very good chance.

once we win our first game, many more will follow. plus, we mostly seem to have a good record of post-split games, and those will be the big ones.

We are staying up. If we and the team keep that thought at the forefront of our minds and think positively then I'm sure we won't. Let's face it though El Tel has got quite a job on his hands but I'm convinced he/we can do it.

:rotflmao:

We are staying up. If we and the team keep that thought at the forefront of our minds and think positively then I'm sure we won't. Let's face it though El Tel has got quite a job on his hands but I'm convinced he/we can do it.

El Tel is Terry Venables not Terry Butcher or indeed Terry Wogan , the El bit coming from his time managing in Spain!

:thumb04:

El Tel is Terry Venables not Terry Butcher or indeed Terry Wogan , the El bit coming from his time managing in Spain!

Aye right, but who would you rather have as manager of ICT ? El Tel Butcher or El Tel Venables ?

Not only do we have to produce a sequence of results bettering anything we have done in recent years. But we have to hope that every other team close to us loses continually.

We've gone on a good run in each our seasons in the SPL. And we don't need every other team close to us to go on a bad run, just one of them will do.

I don't think our squad is even as good as what we had last season. We are the weakest outfit in the SPL at the moment as we can see with our league position.

It's too early to say how good the squad is. We've signed a lot of players in this window, and we won't know for a while yet how much of a difference they will make.

Things look a lot more difficult after yesterday's results, but i don't think the situation's as impossible as you make it sound.

If we show the same fight and passion we did today we will stay up fighting not go down fighting

Ya beat me to it - and using the spirits who are with me today - I command that this thread is changed to STAYING UP FIGHTING - and if it isnt I will txt Tel (he said I could call him that) and he will sort it out fer me.

The frightening thought for me is if we had managed to get even a point against Hamilton the change would not have been made. Its been to late in coming but not to late for us to stay up. Hopefully the board will now see they have made massive mistakes this season and while Butcher might well get them out of jail they have to learn from this.