FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Djebi-zadi

AJS

You're right to inply that no player is 100% reliable. We've seen that many times this season alone. However what you need to understand is that once IHE has a 'down' on a player, there is no changing him, no matter how well that player does. We've seen it before with Marius. Fortunately, not all ICT supporters are so blinkered. Keep the faith!

I understand that now. We could spin round in circles day after day about whether Lionel is the man, whether he shouldn't be played again etc. However, as has been seen many a time, we the fans have no say, lets hope butcher makes the right decision and for me that is put him back on the park.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well now, Mystic Meg's chrystal ball has come good!

'DZ will make a mistake!' He Did!

'All the fans believe the utterings of Mystic Meg' They do??

'Not fit to play in the SPL' MOM anybody!(Not yesterday)

'Mystic Meg knows the players abilities better than the management team' But of course!

I suppose one out of four ain't bad or is the ball due an MOT!

Costing us money? Perhaps yesterday has saved us a lot of money now that we can concentrate our energy on remaining in the SPL!

He was a time bomb just waiting to go off IMO, and that he did yesterday to devestating effect.

Yes, the boy's had a few good games for us and the revitalised confidence is great and could be just what we need.

But he can and will cost us more between now and the end of the season if played every week.

As for whether he should start the next game.. I don't have a clue, thats why im not manager.

Terry should be watching Hastings closely in training, he will be fired up for the challenge of getting his place back.. Time will tell.

He won't start the next game as he is banned.............

Leave the guy alone, he is doing fine, he took one for the team, but we never recovered enough from it.

Guest natasha

I thought the free kick should have gone for Lionel, the Falkirk player had his arm round lionels throat when lionel turned the Falkirk player spun with him from were the referee was it would hve looked like a foul but the assistant referee would have had a clear view. The referee also got the sending off decision wrong it was not a goal scoreing opportunity the attacker was chasing a ball which Esson would have got.

He won't start the next game as he is banned.............

Leave the guy alone, he is doing fine, he took one for the team, but we never recovered enough from it.

Fair enough, didn't know would the ban only count for Cup games.

Owell, Dick or Royston will get their chance then, here's hoping it is grabbed with both hands.. Something Lionel will be used to.. :rotflmao:

I think Lionel has done really well and do not think it should have been a penalty yesterday as it was tit for tat in the box. And never a red card!! He has played with passion and commitment - can we say that about some of our more regular players in every game?

I remember a couple of weeks ago Russell Duncan was sent off quite rightly and he didn't attract anywhere near as much stick as Lionel. And who on earth picked man of the match yesterday? They must be lacing the prawn sandwiches with hallucinatory drugs!

Guest CaleyJAGGIE

fair play to lionel hes had a few decent games since butcher has come in. but hes soo inconsistant. hes crap positionaly wise. if he makes a bad pass for example, he will get back and make the tackle and everyone aplauds him. i seem to remember him running the ball out of play a few times

Ok here I go....... I agree totally with IHE, for once (okay maybe twice!) he is entirely right. Lionel is the exact same guy who was being totally ridiculed on this site not so many weeks ago. Yep, the guy our previous manager was lambasted for signing and nearly hung for playing in the SC against Partick. Still the exact same error prone disaster zone that eas playing for a German pub team before Brew signed him! Rememeber Brew, the gut most of you slag constantly for not having a clue.

So what's changed? TB has turned Lionel into a hybrid of Paolo Maldini and Franz Beckenbar (sp?) in the space of a month? Nonsense, great job that TB is doing, the fact remains he ain't no Jose Mouriniho, Alex Ferguson, Guus Hiddink or Alex Ferguson, he's a guy who had did a fantastic job with Motherwell all those years ago and has done nothing since!! MM is in much the same boat, So there is no chance that the duo have turned Lionel into some superstar hero!!

Time to get real. We all know that everyone makes mistakes and that is a pretty poor response. Bottom line is some guys are more prone than others and Lionel is right at the top of the tree. That's why we were his only option, that's why he left County, that's why he can't play in the Bundespubliga, that's why we need him out of the picture as fast as possible!!

IHE you are 100% spot on.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Hastings i would like to see back in the squad. came on against rangers he looked like a new player and when he came on against falkirk he played 110%. it will be good to see who gets the place on saturday

I think Lionel has done really well and do not think it should have been a penalty yesterday as it was tit for tat in the box. And never a red card!! He has played with passion and commitment - can we say that about some of our more regular players in every game?

I remember a couple of weeks ago Russell Duncan was sent off quite rightly and he didn't attract anywhere near as much stick as Lionel. And who on earth picked man of the match yesterday? They must be lacing the prawn sandwiches with hallucinatory drugs!

Great post - Totally agree... :rotflmao:

Lionel was badly positioned and we would have been screaming for a pen if it had happended at the other end.

Sending off - rather soft as not sure Falkirk player would have reached it, didn't see the ref assistant lending a hend in the decision.

I honestly thought that as not serious foul play, his ban was in cup and would only hit next year, and so would stick with him.

He is raw, positional sense is lacking but Hastings was not good when he came on and didn't pass ball well.

Lack of control with ball also left him open to losing control too often

Ok - my aplogies to Lionel - he has had a few decent games, he has improved, he has surprised some (even me!!),he will undoubtedly improve further, he has heart, he has spirit, he is fit, he is entertaining, he is a crowd pleaser, he has a bit of pace, not bad in the air and he throws himself at anything in the box (unfortunately including opposition players) - but he is still to ICT what Todd Carty was to Dancing On Ice - and in retrospect and from a psychological perspective I can understand why some of my detracting stalkers can get angry and frustrated with me - my apologies - I just cant help always being right in the long run.

I note that nobody has answered the questions honestly - that is because the answers are only too evident. :rotflmao:

lionel was badly positioned, if he had been in line with other defenders falkirk player may have been offside from headed flick on. for the first half hour yesterday our central defenders hardly won a ball in the air. the forward was getting headed flick on's and their smaller forward, think stewart, was pacey and running past our centre backs on to the flick. it was a headed flick, munro failed to challenge that caused the goal.

definate penalty but thought maybe lionel could have been helped if esson had come off his line quicker to gather the ball. this left lionel holding onto their player for what seemed an enternity before the ref whistled.

would still give him another chance as he adds a presence to the defence and as butcher says he is probably the quickest defender over 50 yards he has seen.

Here are a few fer you -

1) which player ultimately cost ICT a place in a Hampden semi final ?

a) Finnegan

2) Name the player whose ineptitude cost the club at least ?250,000.00?

a) No individual, it is a team game, and ?250k is an exaggerated figure.

3) Name the player who has only just encouraged a section of the support to take him seriously?

a) Dougie Imrie

4) Name the player that many fans hold their breaths when he gets on the ball?

a)Lionel, he takes my breath away with his entertaining style.

Time to get real. We all know that everyone makes mistakes and that is a pretty poor response. Bottom line is some guys are more prone than others and Lionel is right at the top of the tree. That's why we were his only option, that's why he left County, that's why he can't play in the Bundespubliga, that's why we need him out of the picture as fast as possible!!

How on earth do we really know that he is prone to more than others??? This guy has only really played since TB?? How do you work this out? Do you average it out from games, get a percentage or what??

Here are a few fer you -

1) which player ultimately cost ICT a place in a Hampden semi final ?

a) Finnegan

2) Name the player whose ineptitude cost the club at least ?250,000.00?

a) No individual, it is a team game, and ?250k is an exaggerated figure.

3) Name the player who has only just encouraged a section of the support to take him seriously?

a) Dougie Imrie

4) Name the player that many fans hold their breaths when he gets on the ball?

a)Lionel, he takes my breath away with his entertaining style.

0/4 - That is just like a Lionel - hasnt got a feckin clue, makes a fool of himself but can be feckin entertaining.

How on earth do we really know that he is prone to more than others??? This guy has only really played since TB?? How do you work this out? Do you average it out from games, get a percentage or what??

There is such a thing as "history" - he has played before - DOH - typical feckin woman. Have to 100% agree with the last sentence though.

There is such a thing as "history" - he has played before - DOH - typical feckin woman. Have to 100% agree with the last sentence though.

I don't look at the past, must be a man thing.