FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Djebi-zadi

AJS

At the end of the day, LDZ may not be the most skillful LB in the SPL, or even at ICT, but he has now appeared 10 times (+ once as a sub) and is 10 times better under Butcher than he ever was under Brewster .... I agree he can be a nightmare waiting to happen, but so can any of our players on any given day so he is not alone on that score. One thing I will say about him though is that regardless of whether his performance is good/gash he seems to be giving 100% to the cause and I have always said I will applaud any player who gives 100% so :rotflmao:

Most of us thought he would be lucky to make it to 3 or 4 appearances let alone 10 and he has been an ever present fixture under Butcher who has now posted 4 wins, 2 draws and only 2 losses in his first 8 games in charge, compared to Brewster's last 8 games which saw us lose 7 and win only 1 (V Partick). Under Butcher we have scored 9 goals and conceded only 3 ... in Brewster's last 8 we scored 6 and shipped 16 so I leave you to draw your own conclusions !!!

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ach he did alright but he is such a liability - It was amusing to hear the tense silence when he tried to summat more than just hoof it. The Scottish News of the World summed him up beautifully by stating " Wayward at times but strong and committed".

I stick by everything that I have said about Lionel and he was the "factor" that lost us the Cup tie - no doubt about that whatsoever. I just hope he carries on playing the no nonsense stuff that he was against Killie.

Amazing supporters we have - BBC radio .......''the ball has now broken to Djebi-zadi and - would you believe it - a tense silence has broken out all over the stadium, all that can be heard is the intake of breath by IHE as he prays for a mistake to back up his Forum theory''

Aye, right, we have the message!!

You are such a bitter person - I have already been proved rite unfortunately. You just look at the positive attributes that I describe about him. He is unorthodox and nearly everybody I spoke to at the weekend agree with my comments.

Thought he didn't do too badly against Killie but even before he was sent off against the Bairns he didn't look at all comfortable. I think Falkirk will really try and test him this Saturday.

Thought he didn't do too badly against Killie but even before he was sent off against the Bairns he didn't look at all comfortable. I think Falkirk will really try and test him this Saturday.

Yip - I thought that he passed muster against Killie and the Huns - but I think the Bairns will be targetting him and it will be a very big test. :rotflmao:

There will be a few prayers being uttered on Saturday.

Guest ABridgeAndACastle

He's a great wee player - well, a great big player - and at least v Killie he wasn't scared to take a touch or two.

Maybe an idea to give him a rest on Saturday though, if Falkirk have sussed him out?

Ach he did alright but he is such a liability - It was amusing to hear the tense silence when he tried to summat more than just hoof it. The Scottish News of the World summed him up beautifully by stating " Wayward at times but strong and committed".

I stick by everything that I have said about Lionel and he was the "factor" that lost us the Cup tie - no doubt about that whatsoever. I just hope he carries on playing the no nonsense stuff that he was against Killie.

Amazing supporters we have - BBC radio .......''the ball has now broken to Djebi-zadi and - would you believe it - a tense silence has broken out all over the stadium, all that can be heard is the intake of breath by IHE as he prays for a mistake to back up his Forum theory''

You are such a bitter person - I have already been proved rite unfortunately. You just look at the positive attributes that I describe about him. He is unorthodox and nearly everybody I spoke to at the weekend agree with my comments.

I can assure you it is not I who is bitter! Just read your own offerings re this guy!

You being 'rite' that this player would make a mistake I must concede BUT you could have carried out your vendetta against Grant Munro and been equally correct. Against Esson and been equally correct. For the record, their mistakes could have a bigger impact on our future than DZ's.

Our whole team of players are problems waiting to happen, we are a small team, our players reflect this and therefore they make mistakes!!

Even the great MU on Saturday made mistakes and they are not a wee team!!

To finish on DZ, I obviously have more trust in the management team than you do - I feel that the guy is there on merit as the competitors for his position are all back to full fitness - the pundits, the professional ones, all seem to give the player pass and above marks each time he plays - for Heavens sake , give the guy a break!!

Perhaps not representative in any way, but selected Djebi-zadi for the first time last night in my FIFA 09 team playing online - absolutely fantastic at left back! Kept a clean sheet in a couple of games against glory hunters playing with Barca and Man United thanks to LDZ. The guy is a legend for Caley...... on FIFA anyway. :rotflmao:

I can assure you it is not I who is bitter! Just read your own offerings re this guy!

You being 'rite' that this player would make a mistake I must concede BUT you could have carried out your vendetta against Grant Munro and been equally correct. Against Esson and been equally correct. For the record, their mistakes could have a bigger impact on our future than DZ's.

Our whole team of players are problems waiting to happen, we are a small team, our players reflect this and therefore they make mistakes!!

Even the great MU on Saturday made mistakes and they are not a wee team!!

To finish on DZ, I obviously have more trust in the management team than you do - I feel that the guy is there on merit as the competitors for his position are all back to full fitness - the pundits, the professional ones, all seem to give the player pass and above marks each time he plays - for Heavens sake , give the guy a break!!

Have you actually read my posts - They are technically and tactically correct - What I said was that I feared that he would make a mistake that would cost us dearly - and he feckin did. Fer your thick bonce I will say that he is more prone to making an error than any other regular squad player and he does not appear as technically and tactically gifted as the majority of his peers - HAPPY ??

He'd still be one of the first names on my teamsheet every week. He gives his all. I might be tempted to drop him this week thougfh because that **** Finnigan'll be all over him like a rash again.

:D :D :rotflmao: :thumb04: :018: I am afraid that the first sentence and the third sentence are rather contradictory !!!

And he would be the FIRST name ? ;) :D :lol: :015: :D :P :021: :D :D :D :D

The defence rests.

He'd still be one of the first names on my teamsheet every week. He gives his all. I might be tempted to drop him this week though because that **** Finnigan'll be all over him like a rash again.

:D :rotflmao: :thumb04: :018: ;) I am afraid that the first sentence and the third sentence are rather contradictory !!!

And he would be the FIRST name ? :lol: :D :015: :D :P :021: :D :D :D :D :D

The defence rests.

Oh the irony of it! :D :D

:015: :rotflmao: :thumb04: :018: ;) :lol: You dont know what youre doing !!

He would be the first name on my teamsheet every week - except this week - cos I am worried that he wont be able to cope with the pressure and it is a big game and he may let us down.

If Jimmy gets through Seterday he may well prove a lot of us wrong. :D

It sounds like Lionels returning to the good old days of Partick Thistle. Was off with the fairies for the first goal and sounded like his former self. Reliable and positioning himself with pin point accuracy. Lionel did put in very good performances which i did give him credit for but i have always had a feeling of uneasinees over his performamces. I think its time for hastings to return at left back.