FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Djebi-zadi

AJS

Last name i expected to see mentioned in the squad, let alone the starting line up.

Couple of questions.

How did you rate him today?

Does he have a future at ICT under Butcher based on todays display?

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Hastings and gathuessi will have to put in 100% at training now. lionel nos that this is his big chance off keeping a first team place. all the best to the big guy :rotflmao:

I feared the worst when I heard he was starting but he did OK.

His 'performance' against Partick Thistle will, however, live long in my memory and that's why he should only be used as a last resort.

Maybe the PT game was just a "one off" for him - we won that one 3-0 anyway...

I'd say he did more than enough yesterday to merit a decent run in the team - whether at left back or left midfield...

His confidence will improve with more games under his belt.

He looked great coming forward and set up a few decent attacks...

He's the kind of player who could develop into something very special... Good for putting bums on seats as well...

Certainly more exciting to watch than Hastings!!

Bit unfair chief. Lionel did reasonably well yesterday. Most defenders get a hard time from those pair. Rossco was skinned a couple of times as well, but it's all about who you have as back up to stop these guys. Proctor also played well and gave Rossco decent cover at times.

Lionel was left to his own devices, but he coped pretty well and his aerial presence was welcomed.

I'll give you Zadi as looking at the game through different eyes (he didn't play badly yesterday, it's more that I worry when he gets put under more pressure in future games) but Proctor? Thought he was awful in that right mid slot. He seemed to move more into a defensive mid position later in the 2nd half where he looked way more comfortable but I thought he had a very poor game overall. In fact, only Barrowman and Proctor would fail to get pass marks from me.

Wasnt there chat about Zadi being told a few weeks ago that his contract was being terminated

I believe if he plays like that form now on he has a chance of competing for Hastings slot. He did show some aspects to hius game that have been lacking, maybe TB is the right man to get those things out of him

As I've said on other threads, I thought he had a great game yesterday, and deserves a run in the team. For me he looks safer than Tokeley did on the right flank.

True he did but an unfair comparison as tokely had to deal with the much better Mcgeady as opposed to Zadi controlling Nakamura who isnt really that good.

But take nothing away from the lad excellent performance Butcher can't drop him after that surely.

Personally I thought the idea was to have Proctor acting almost as a 2nd right back to help double up on McGeady...

Yep, that was how it panned out with a lot of mutual bacon saving going on. Even Russel was called in a few times. Proctor never really got stuck in to the same extent as Rosco, but the whole thing seemed to work.

Proctor is going to be one of those players that terryanjune will remake/remodel or dump, I think. He showed a lot when he was first here, but since coming back with his patron, things have been a good bit more quiet.