FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

SPL Fixtures due out 22nd June

Yompa

We have purchased the license required to display the fixture list. We should receive a copy in the morning and will be able to publish it from 10AM onwards.

Just got to be at home on the 29th....surely? Our last two SPL seasons started with an away fixture - but this is the SPL after all. Here's hoping anyway.

We have purchased the license required to display the fixture list. We should receive a copy in the morning and will be able to publish it from 10AM onwards.

You actually have to pay to beable to show the fixtures on a website :010:?

In the past we have benefited from being the "Official" club site and been covered under thier license (Yes, clubs do have to pay to display thier own fixtures also) - however since the split we now have to take care of it ourselves.

You actually have to pay to beable to show the fixtures on a website :010:?

To expand on what CaleyD said .... YES, you have to pay to display fixtures. Many sites have been threatened with legal action for displaying fixtures without a license and there have been arguments each year as to how a list of fixtures can actually be copyrighted or indeed what actually constitutes a fixture list ... some sites tried using 'event' listings such as 'day out in Paisley', 'Trip to Aberdeen' and such like but fell foul and so did others who tried to get round it by having message board discussions prior to games !!

Fortunately as an official site we were immune from the arguments as official club websites have a right to display their own fixtures and receive a 'complimentary' license each season.

Although we are no longer official, and therefore liable for the purchase of a license, there is a discount available and we are greatful for the help the club gave us in the last couple of months in securing the reduced rate. Without that help there is no way we would have been able (or willing) to pay the advertised cost of around 200 for the list !!!

I predict home V St Mirren also !!!

According to  P & B we are at home to St Mirren. That should be a sell out game. St Mirren will definitely bring a sell out crowd.  They have a good travelling support and with it being their first SPL game that will ensure a full house.  Hope we can do the same.

Cheers CaleyD.  Well done for getting the licence issues sorted so that you had the rights to use the fixtures.

St Mirren at home will be a good start to the season.  Should be a full house and a good game.

According to  P & B we are at home to St Mirren. That should be a sell out game. St Mirren will definitely bring a sell out crowd.  They have a good travelling support and with it being their first SPL game that will ensure a full house.  Hope we can do the same.

Do you really think it will be a sell out? Can't see it myself I'm afraid  :006:

Definitely an away sell out I would think.  I would hope for our first game of the season we would have a healthy home support, but if not I suspect that any pay at the gate tickets might be purchased by 'neutral' (St Mirren) fans.  Not advocating it just stating my opinion.

They have a healthy travelling support at the best of times and I would think everyone would want to see their 1st SPL game in a while.