FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Month Of Home Games

Tichy_Blacks_Back

Mentioned this briefly on the match day thread but we have 4 big Saturday home games coming up (as well as a mid-week visit to Ibrox on the 4th March):

21-Feb - ICT v Hibs (SPL)

28-Feb - ICT v Motherwell (SPL)

7-Mar - ICT v Falkirk (SC)

14-Mar - ICT v Kilmarnock (SPL)

All winable and then we still have the games against St.Mirren, Falkirk and Accies before we play them again after the split....I can't remember anytime in the past when we had 4 continuous weeks of Saturday home games.

This should hopefully benefit the club with very little travelling and plenty of time to prepare through the month for each game...

This could turn out to be a great advantage at this time of the season and an increase in the home support would provide the club with a big lift. Also something that the club should be using to their advantage by promoting ways to get more through the turnstiles....

It aint that long ago that we would have feckin dreaded 4 home games on the trot - Just think what Fortress Longman, 7-9 points and a Hampden semi would do - intersperesed with a point at Castle Greyskull and a six pointer at Falkirk to follow.

Bring it feckin on .. just think how we would be feeling if the muppets had realised their mistake a month earlier !!

A month ago i would have said this would be the worst month of the season approaching us but now i think this is our chance of getting a consistent winning run on the go for us and will probably our best chance of over-taking Falkirk as well as the bonus of a trip to Hampden, looking forward to this.

The game against killie is big, i have a sneaky feeling we could drag them down to our murky level, if they continue their bad run and lengthy injuries to first-team players.

time to lower the ticket prices.

Agree with you 100%. Cup prices for league games for the rest of the season could make a real difference to the support the team gets. An few hundred extra paying customers would help make up for the loss of revenue on the ticket price.

Any 2 ticket stubs from the first 3 of those games gets you in free to the Killie game on 14th March (or something along those lines) would be a good idea.

I agree CD something along those lines could be offered - half price adult tickets for Kilmarnock if 2 of the 3 games attended (and kids free) as it is a lot to expect families etc to attend all 4 games in a month especially in the current financial climate. Having said that is also a great opportunity for the club to keep the numbers up, an atmosphere within the stadium for crucial games and further improve local initiatives to get fan's behind the club when it is really needed.

Also would be nice to get 9 points and a trip to Hampden for another semi-final.... :rotflmao:

All easily winnable games and i think we should be looking to achieve max points as well as a cup semi. These will be important as killie have a horror run starting with rangers on saturday so they will be dropping like a stone so important we gain a lot of ground on them plus winning the vital game against them.

Between now and the split, and provided we keep the current form going, I see the points being awarded as follows:

Inverness - 19

Motherwell - 7

Falkirk - 6

St Mirren - 4

Hamilton - 3

Killie - 3

I think Hibs will pick up more tham Motherwell so will stay in the top half.

So positions at the split would be:

7th Motherwell - 39

8th Inverness - 38

9th Hamilton - 32

10th = Killie - 31

10th = St Mirren - 31

12th Falkirk - 29

Makes for an interesting last five games of the season.

Between now and the split, and provided we keep the current form going, I see the points being awarded as follows:

Inverness - 19

Motherwell - 7

Falkirk - 6

St Mirren - 4

Hamilton - 3

Killie - 3

I think Hibs will pick up more tham Motherwell so will stay in the top half.

So positions at the split would be:

7th Motherwell - 39

8th Inverness - 38

9th Hamilton - 32

10th = Killie - 31

10th = St Mirren - 31

12th Falkirk - 29

Makes for an interesting last five games of the season.

Maybe a bit on the optimistic side there, taking away the rangers away game we have-

hibs, motherwell, killie, st. mirren and hamilton at home & falkirk an aberdeen away.

I would like to think the same but doubt we will win 6/7 and draw the other one.

We lose to Rangers, draw at Aberdeen and win all the rest. I remember a time not so long ago when that sort of optimism was the norm on this site.

I think we are capable of getting more than a draw at Aberdeen...

Definitely should have taken 3 points off United on Saturday.

We're gradually starting to gain a wee bit of confidence now and have become a very tough side to beat again...

We lose to Rangers, draw at Aberdeen and win all the rest. I remember a time not so long ago when that sort of optimism was the norm on this site.

I think we are capable of getting more than a draw at Aberdeen...

Definitely should have taken 3 points off United on Saturday.

We're gradually starting to gain a wee bit of confidence now and have become a very tough side to beat again...

Aberdenn's home form has been impressive of late. I'd settle for a point.

21-Feb - ICT v Hibs (SPL) - 2-0 (3 points)

28-Feb - ICT v Motherwell (SPL)

3 points from the first game and if we continue with the current performances we could well be off the bottom by 16:45 on the 14th March :rotflmao:

Alex - only 16 more points before the split and you will be spot on with that prediction.... :thumb04:

Guest Rebelwithoutaclue

Falkirk have to play top 5 on their run in as well as us. Odds are in our favour. No longer hoping for points expecting a healthy boost to our tally on the home run.

Without tempting fate, I think Well are a pretty good team for us to be facing next. They looked mince against St Mirren on Thursday, and Butcher and Malpas probably still know a lot about their players. Wonder what will happen with the line-up? Thouht Black and Duncan both did well against Utd, but I didn't see the game today so I don't know how Kerr looked. Anyone got any opinions? Black and Kerr, perhaps?

Chris Porter's gone and he was easily there biggest threat against us but thats no disprespect John Sutton and David Clarkson but i think Pavels Mihadjuks is the ideal defender to keep them at bay, alongside Munro. I can see us sneaking a win against them next week. Black and Duncan will be back and Morais is now fit so all being well we should have a full squad to pick from and given our performance today i really feel very optimistic about the next 3 weeks.

ICT Falkirk

Motherwell h Hibs a

Rangers a DDU h

Kilmarnock h ICT a

Falkirk a Rangers h

St mirren h Celtic a

Aberdeen a Kilmarnock a

Hamilton h Hearts h

Games left before the split in order of games played not necessarily on the same dates.

Not that it really matters who Falkirk play as long as we keep picking up points and join the other teams.

St mirren play Celtic, Aberdeen,Rangers, Hamilton then us Hibs and Motherwell

Killy Aberdeen,Celtic,US,Motherwell,Hearts,Falkirk,DDU.

TB pre-split points accumulator stands at 5 points and a SC QF place - P5 W2 D2 L1 F6 A3 - not a bad start....

01-Feb - ICT v Celtic (SPL) - 0-0 (1 point)

07-Feb - ICT v Killie (SC) - 2-0

14-Feb - DU v ICT (SPL) - 1-1 (1 point)

21-Feb - ICT v Hibs (SPL) - 2-0 (3 points)

28-Feb - ICT v Motherwell (SPL) - 1-2 (0 points)

4-Mar - Rangers v ICT (SPL)

21-Mar - Falkirk v ICT (SPL)

I would still be happy with 6 points and a semi-final place from the 4 home games and a point from the Rangers game as a bonus....then on to the Falkirk Stadium for the big one.... :rotflmao: