FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

My View On All Things Ict

DerbyDave

I like Inverness Caley Thistle , always have , right back I suppose,to when I used to visit an Uncle every summer in Culcabock and catch a Thistle game when ever possible .

THE CLUB ICTFC- What a ride it has been !! , most people hate a merger but it was right for Inverness . More highs than any new Club could ever hope for in such a short space of time (And one of the "SUN"s most famous ever sporting headlines !!-after the Celtic win )

THE CLUB NAME (INVERNESS CALEDONIAN THISTLE F.C ). If you didn't already know it , its terrific , all class , bit of a gob full , but unique , only a dill would want to change it .

THE CLUB STRIP - Plenty of debate here . I can tell you all from the outside , the stripes of last season define ICTFC , it is distinctive , and looks great , gawd knows how many teams throughout the UK , sport a boring blue shirt , that has you desperately trying to eyeball the club badge , or recognise the sponsor , to identify which team it actually is . Does anyone know which T*** decided to get rid of the stripes ? ( The ONLY fair way to keep ALL former Caley and Thistle fans happy BTW.}

TERRY BUTCHER APPOINTMENT - Read plenty of topics/posts on this , and I'm delighted to see so many positive , intelligent comments on His arrival in Inverness . Clearly there is now hope for survival . Maurice Malpas is vital in all this too .

BIGGEST RIVALS ? -May well be Ross Co , or at present Aberdeen . Personally I hate Celtic , and my greatest pleasure is seeing Caley THISTLE dish it up to them .

WILL ICTFC STAY UP ? - Course they bloody will !!! :rotflmao:

Cheers

DD

I like Inverness Caley Thistle , always have , right back I suppose,to when I used to visit an Uncle every summer in Culcabock and catch a Thistle game when ever possible .

THE CLUB ICTFC- What a ride it has been !! , most people hate a merger but it was right for Inverness . More highs than any new Club could ever hope for in such a short space of time (And one of the "SUN"s most famous ever sporting headlines !!-after the Celtic win )

THE CLUB NAME (INVERNESS CALEDONIAN THISTLE F.C ). If you didn't already know it , its terrific , all class , bit of a gob full , but unique , only a dill would want to change it .

THE CLUB STRIP - Plenty of debate here . I can tell you all from the outside , the stripes of last season define ICTFC , it is distinctive , and looks great , gawd knows how many teams throughout the UK , sport a boring blue shirt , that has you desperately trying to eyeball the club badge , or recognise the sponsor , to identify which team it actually is . Does anyone know which T*** decided to get rid of the stripes ? ( The ONLY fair way to keep ALL former Caley and Thistle fans happy BTW.}

TERRY BUTCHER APPOINTMENT - Read plenty of topics/posts on this , and I'm delighted to see so many positive , intelligent comments on His arrival in Inverness . Clearly there is now hope for survival . Maurice Malpas is vital in all this too .

BIGGEST RIVALS ? -May well be Ross Co , or at present Aberdeen . Personally I hate Celtic , and my greatest pleasure is seeing Caley THISTLE dish it up to them .

WILL ICTFC STAY UP ? - Course they bloody will !!! :thumb04:

Cheers

DD

:rotflmao: Do people in Oz actually use this expression? I assumed it was an invention by the scriptwriters of "Neighbours" because they weren't allowed to say "pr*ck" at lunchtimes...

Seriously, lovely to see how the ICT story has made its way across the globe, and you're right - there can't be many supporters anywhere that have had such an eventful and enjoyable last 15 years. Survival and a wee cup final appeance this season would just take that on a bit further...

Edited by alternative maryhill

Good to hear from you DerbyDave. As a Culcabock boy born and bred it was interesting to read your post. one of our best mate in those days, and his whole family, emigrated from Culcabock to Oz but none of the family was called Dave. How long since you lived in Culcabock. We lieved in the Back street near the school and overlooking the golf course.

Never heard anyone here using "dill", will ask aussies tomz.

FYI: the Sydney branch of the ICT fanclub is 2 strong - me and the wee man (complete with ICT babygrow & bib). I think by my calculations there are 5 of us fans in Oz with Jock possibly being the most Southerly ICT fan in the world. One day we'll get ICT to come here and play against an A-league team (not Sydney as they are pap) a-la LA Galaxy :rotflmao:

In my straw poll so far no one uses "dill"

As for the geezer in Aukland, yes he would be the furthest South ICT fan, and probably the most geographically far away fan (from Inverness) if he exisits.

Don't know how it slipped my mind but perhaps Butcher can be persuaded to come back to Sydney and challenge his old wards to a game, however, after the way he was treated here it?s unlikely :rotflmao:

I've just checked on Google Maps and I reckon Auckland is about the same as Canberra, so unless there's someone on the south island of New Zealand, Tasmania, the tip of South America or Antarctica that'll make me the most southern ICT fan on Earth.

I've just checked on Google Maps and I reckon Auckland is about the same as Canberra, so unless there's someone on the south island of New Zealand, Tasmania, the tip of South America or Antarctica that'll make me the most southern ICT fan on Earth.

I'm sure I remember a while back someone coming from, or living on, the Falkland Islands.

And I believe Auckland is further south than Canberra.

Canberra 35 degree's 15 minutes South

Auckland 36 degrees 52 minutes South.

Edited by Alex MacLeod

Guest Muir-Jaggie

[/quote/]

people in Australia must get some laughs when you say the name of the club :rotflmao:

It is probably the best place fer a jaggie - thousands of miles away and upside feckin down.

So you dont want your normal room for the Rangers game then? :rotflmao:

Oops - I was only jesting. A jaggie is welcome from anywhere in the world - but especially the southern hemisphere.

It is probably the best place fer a jaggie - thousands of miles away and upside feckin down.

So you dont want your normal room for the Rangers game then? :thumb04:

Oops - I was only jesting. A jaggie is welcome from anywhere in the world - but especially the southern hemisphere.

You are forgiven. The first beer on Wednesday is on you! :rotflmao:

As for DerbyDave, welcome.

So you dont want your normal room for the Rangers game then? :rotflmao:

F*ck 'im Roger - he can sleep under a table in Brechins!

Unless he gets a lot of beer in! See you there...

• 2 weeks later...

In my straw poll so far no one uses "dill"

As for the geezer in Aukland, yes he would be the furthest South ICT fan, and probably the most geographically far away fan (from Inverness) if he exisits.

Don't know how it slipped my mind but perhaps Butcher can be persuaded to come back to Sydney and challenge his old wards to a game, however, after the way he was treated here it's unlikely :rotflmao:

The poster's name is Culduthel.