FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Caledonian Stadium Pitch Rating

Tichy_Blacks_Back

ICT managed to get the 10 000 seat rule overturned. It's time to work on the undersoil heating rule too.

Instead of having it written into the rules that the club must have heating installed, just make it a rule that if they lose a match to the weather they get a heavy fine. Then they can do without heating if they like.

Time to realise that parts of Scotland (eg Broadwood) get a lot of frost, others (eg TCS) do not.

• 2 weeks later...

i would actually say that the pitch was ok, apart from the goal area and the touch line that the assistant runs on.

deserved much more then a five, but suppose, average

These stats and scores need to be taken with a pinch of salt. When did the inspector look at the surface? In mid winter when there's no growth in the grass, probably after two consecutive home games and a reserve / U-19.

Undersoil heating in itself should not be a problem. The problem for us is that it was installed into the pitch whereas the normal method would be to install before the pitch is laid.

Anyway, I remember who was runner-up in the Scottish groundsman of the year last season and thats good enough for me.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Everyone nos the goal area will always be bad since the keeper is moving around in the same area and linesman area will be the same they just run up and down the same feckin line for 90 mins