FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ict -v- Motherwell : Matchday Thread

Scotty

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Referee had a shocker today.

After our second half performance I feel we deserved a least a point.

Totaly agree.

he should have been sacked when he had that shocker last season at the dundee utd, rangers game.

Why do we always seem to the the worst refs when we play Motherwell??

Guest Muir-Jaggie

the refs are always for the teams down in the central belt never for the teams up north. aberdeen have had the same for years its just a thing us and them have to get use too

Not the best game ive ever seen. Caley played quite well but two mistakes cost us. Sherridan was causing munro and mihadjuks lots of problems. Apart from the goal munro looked quite shaky his clearing and long balls werent brilliant. We didnt really have a cretive spark but we did have a few chances. The ref was an absolute t!t he didnt have a clue. He wouldnt know wat a hand ball was even if it came up to him and punched him in the face.

The refereeing was no to bad for a while.

What game were you watching? McCurry and that fat linesman are a disgrace to Scottish football.

Not the best game ive ever seen. Caley played quite well but two mistakes cost us. Sherridan was causing munro and mihadjuks lots of problems. Apart from the goal munro looked quite shaky his clearing and long balls werent brilliant. We didnt really have a cretive spark but we did have a few chances. The ref was an absolute t!t he didnt have a clue. He wouldnt know wat a hand ball was even if it came up to him and punched him in the face.

:rotflmao: That's exactly what's wrong with Munros game. He just doesn't think, he instinctively just puts the laces through the ball - or at least tries to. Goal number 2 is directly Munros fault because he tried and failed to hoof the ball away when all he had to do was take a touch, not panic and pick a pass. I don't care if he is the captain, drop him until he's learned how to pass a ball.

:rotflmao: That's exactly what's wrong with Munros game. He just doesn't think, he instinctively just puts the laces through the ball - or at least tries to. Goal number 2 is directly Munros fault because he tried and failed to hoof the ball away when all he had to do was take a touch, not panic and pick a pass. I don't care if he is the captain, drop him until he's learned how to pass a ball.

couldnt have put it better. Hes not a bad player but i could have used my left foot better than he did today.

does anyone no how the refs are picked for games???

It doesnt really matter i cant remember the last time i saw a good performance from a scottish ref. They get paid about ?600 for one and half hours work(correct me if im wrong). The least they can do is do it properly.

I was so frustrated with McCurry today that i phoned into Jim Traynor about it....didn't get on. :rotflmao:

How can he still be a ref if he makes bloopers like he did today and other days so often. The SFA surely need to take some sort of action agianst a ref who is so consistently.

I grant Esson made a houler but it came from a free-kick that should never have been given. Richie Foran made a clean challenge for the ball, it was a blatant throw-in. Also big claim for a penalty towards the end and a dubious offside given against us when Foran scored.

In terms of the team's performance today it was a very frustrating game to be at because we were clearly the better side but had very little to show for it in the final third and at the same time we were suspect at the back with all people being Munro to make the key error of the game.

Those sort of things need corrected soon to ensure they don't happen again.

Would also like to see Vigurs back in the team. As we lack any sort of threat in terms of a decent cross, Lionel and Rosscoe are good at bombing up the field but crossing is poor.

Edited by ajsict92

Guest Glasgowlatic

Some of the officiating was highly questionable, however I thought we were poor, particularly in the first half. If we'd been 2 or 3 goals down at HT then I wouldn't have called us hard done by.

I thought Motherwell were dangerous in attack, John Sutton in particular. I'd have very happily taken a point before today but now I'm glad we weren't humped. :rotflmao:

Damage limitation at Ibrox and then the "more than just a cup tie" clash with Falkirk.

The standard of refereeing in scottish football is an absolute disgrace and they (refs) are untouchable now. That was the worst display I've seen in a long while. What's the point in Terry and Maurice speaking to the fourth official - he's always worse than useless. Get rid of the fourth official and spend his wages trying to sort out this god awful refereeing. This kind of shocking display can make or break clubs. It's about time the SFA get somewhere in line with the rugby refereeing.

That was frustrating today and the fact that Dougie Imrie ( grafter that he is ) aint a striker.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

That was frustrating today and the fact that Dougie Imrie ( grafter that he is ) aint a striker.

since imrie has being playin up front i havnt seen him work so hard ever!!!!!

I really like Dougie as a player but i feel he's often caught out of position, which is why you always see him doing 40 yard runs to get a ball which is just going to get punted downfield anyway. He's obviously not a natural striker and i feel him and odihiambo are just to similiar (physically) for it to work. Eric needs to play alongside a target man and dougie should play behind a target man.

since imrie has being playin up front i havnt seen him work so hard ever!!!!!

Imrie worked very hard as did Ody, but got very little change in the first half. Long balls from teh defence were meat and drink to the Well defence. Same old same old. I put it to you that our two strikers are too similar to do anything. Imrie does not seen to trap high balls rather waiting until the bounce and hoping to get something out of the second touch. They lack flair. It was only when Morais came on, though he looked slow, he looked like he could do something when up to the pace. I will watch and wait.

If Munro is sloppy, it may be because he has never, thats never had to fight for his place.

We were under the cosh in the first half, and other then the two mistakes could well have taken something from the game, as we were NOT out played. In the second we ran the show, but could to little to convert our posession and territory to goals. One of those days. When they scored first they immediately took a man back into defence, when they scored the second they took of a striker and brought of a defender. We were playing to an 8 man defence at the end. No chance.

I will be interested to see what terrynjune says/does for the Hungame. Little to lose and the chance to take a few chances.

Not the end of the world.