FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Do We Actually Have The Bottle ?

In the aftermath of the Killie and Falkirk games - I am actually beginning to have doubts.

We are looking very nervy already - the "honeymoon" Butcher period is well and truly over - and I think that we need to get in the experience. Everton called them the "Dogs of War" and I reckon we have to call on the likes of Rosscoe, Munro, McBain, Black, Kerr and Foran to take a lead here. (no pun intended !!) We need a settled team fer the split and we havent got that at the moment. We have to ruthlessly throw out the flotsam.

The experience of Bullen, Presslie and McNamara plus the enthusiasm of the lesser lights shone through yesterday.

We now need to settle in a backbone. This could go to the wire and this is no place for sentiment. Play the best X1 every week - even if somebody stepping in has a good game.

The worrying thing is that we have lost all of our "6 pointers" this season, 2 v Hamilton and on Sat against Falkirk. Although not a must win, the Falkirk game was a great chance to get us some clearance from the bottom - and we bottled it (again)...

I agree, we need to put the strongest team out and loads of experence to get us out of the mess we are still firmly in.

If your experiences are losing you are going to play expecting to lose and will lose, time for new blood in the team. Duff and Vigurs would breath new life into the team and rest a couple of players who need to have a look at themselves.

DO WE ACTUALLY HAVE THE BOTTLE?

Well the reaction, on here, after Saturdays result, would indicate that the fans may not have!!

Thankfully, as demonstrated in the past, the reaction here does not always reflect the views of our "support". Bad day on Saturday and "supporters" will hope the guys turn it round. Others may enjoy bathing in their cesspit of abuse they seem to enjoy so much. I've paid my money I can abuse who I want!

Me, still think the job can be done and am willing to write off the blip as just that. Support the team in the way they deserve to be supported. Our status is an amazing acheivement and deserves celebration not ridicule. If only we could be more Stoke City and less OF!

Getting humped 4-0 by Falkirk doesn't exactly inspire confidence within the support so what it does to the players godness knows. Had we have lost by a single goal on Saturday and showed real effort then I'm sure the 'fall out' wouldn't have been so bad. 4-0 is a stuffing by anyone's standards but coming from Falkirk it feels like 8-0!

Personally I am right behind the team - that is the 'job' of a supporter but, I have to say, I am really glad I didn't make the ten hour round trip to Falkirk on Saturday.

To answer the question though, my reply would be a resounding NO, we don't have the bottle. We could have a vocal support like Stoke City but it won't make much differance in my view. I say this because the dedicated - larger than usuall - following to Hamilton and Falkirk did not have the desired effect on the team. Case rested there I feel.

Falkirk really weren't that good on Saturday, what helped them was the fact that we were so absolutely woeful.

Falkirk will IMO take nothing from many of thier remaining games. How we fare is another matter but I am reasonably confident that Saturday really was a blip, a bloody awful blip but a blip nonetheless.

Well let's hope so.

Getting humped 4-0 by Falkirk doesn't exactly inspire confidence within the support so what it does to the players godness knows. Had we have lost by a single goal on Saturday and showed real effort then I'm sure the 'fall out' wouldn't have been so bad. 4-0 is a stuffing by anyone's standards but coming from Falkirk it feels like 8-0!

Personally I am right behind the team - that is the 'job' of a supporter but, I have to say, I am really glad I didn't make the ten hour round trip to Falkirk on Saturday.

To answer the question though, my reply would be a resounding NO, we don't have the bottle. We could have a vocal support like Stoke City but it won't make much differance in my view. I say this because the dedicated - larger than usuall - following to Hamilton and Falkirk did not have the desired effect on the team. Case rested there I feel.

Fair comment re Saturday's support and the lack of response to it. For me, it's bigger than just the one game though. It's incredible to contrast the Stoke City fans response to their team, win or lose, with the culture which now surrounds much of our club. It would be great if we could just have a spell of unconditional support and loyalty, then we could really judge if it has an impact.

Off topic I know, but what about Hoffenheim (sp?)! Unbelieveable that a town/district so small can have such a support in the Bundesliga. Granted they have more resources than we do and have had, in comparable terms, more success, but there are similarities. Is it all down to German wealth and transport infrastructure or are they more passionate about their sport? Surely they must suffer in the same way we suffer from the OF/Dons problem, but their crowds are amazing.

If you want to make comparisons with Stoke City - we had the bottle in 2004-5 when we first entered the SPL. Everybody was writing us off but we BELIEVED. 4 years later some people seem to be a bit battle-weary :rotflmao:

If we didn't have the bottle we would not have climbed of the bottom beating arguably the best team in the country to do it.

Yes Saturday was humiliating but so has the majority of this season. And to have doubts over us after the Killie game is not needed. We won the game for goodness sake.

Fact is there are 6 teams who are all capable of going down but as long as we keep the looking over our shoulders to a minimum and concentrate on improving our own form then i'm sure survival can be achieved.

Personally i'd put my money on Killie going down. With everything thats at stake for them and the form there in i think they will bottle it in the closing stages of the season.

We don't have the greatest squad in the SPL but I think we've the bottle OK. When push comes to shove I'd back the ICT boys 100% compared to the likes of Killie. I feel it's going to be between us and them at the end of the season. There again I could be totally wrong and hope I am. We could have three straight victories in the next three games. Couldn't we ?

:lol: :015: :rotflmao: :thumb04: :018: ;) :D

Perhaps I should have said have we the experience and the bottle ? - when I look at the other teams we are on a level with Killie and Hamilton but lagging behind Midden and the Bairns.

I actually think that it is the rose coloured erseholes like Absent Friend and Sorted - who are probably sweetie rustlers who tut tut at the yoof - whose whingeing is sickening.

Our support - in the main - especially on Saturday - is as good as Stoke or many - at least we turned up in force - and some of us sang and sang and sang.

This is the place to sound off and complain - but some erseholes tut tut at that as well. PATHETIC.

When the decrying do gooders sit with the Sesh Army and join in - then they will gain respect.

Perhaps I should have said have we the experience and the bottle ? - when I look at the other teams we are on a level with Killie and Hamilton but lagging behind Midden and the Bairns.

I actually think that it is the rose coloured erseholes like Absent Friend and Sorted - who are probably sweetie rustlers who tut tut at the yoof - whose whingeing is sickening.

Our support - in the main - especially on Saturday - is as good as Stoke or many - at least we turned up in force - and some of us sang and sang and sang.

This is the place to sound off and complain - but some erseholes tut tut at that as well. PATHETIC.

When the decrying do gooders sit with the Sesh Army and join in - then they will gain respect.

:thumb04: :rotflmao: Utter p1sh .

Edited by DALNEIGHCALEY

At least we turned up in force - and some of us sang and sang and sang.

;) :rotflmao: :thumb04: :018:

That's what football is about, the passion and commitment, and showing it.

:rotflmao: :thumb04: Utter p1sh .

Well I meant on a far smaller scale of course - but the feeling and the singing is there - Stoke at home are immense but Stoke away are feckin pathetic. But put us all together - in a confined away end - and we can perform.

You need to retrain IHE as your levels of perception have dropped dramatically in this instance. Suggest a refresher is in order, more analysis then a repost with a proper critique. I can sing loudly, often do. Shout abuse too but tend to direct it at the opposition. Find this works best.

Come back to me when your ready.

Now what is wrong with a rose coloured ersehole?? I could think of a worse colour!

Gain respect by bad mouthing your own players? By challenging people to fight?

Don't think so!

You need to retrain IHE as your levels of perception have dropped dramatically in this instance. Suggest a refresher is in order, more analysis then a repost with a proper critique. I can sing loudly, often do. Shout abuse too but tend to direct it at the opposition. Find this works best.

Come back to me when your ready.

I suppose the truth hurts :rotflmao: I often find that the erseholes react defensively to direct formulation and use denial and projection - just as you have demonstrated. Tut Tut !!

Now what is wrong with a rose coloured ersehole?? I could think of a worse colour!

Gain respect by bad mouthing your own players? By challenging people to fight?

Don't think so!

Another ersehole tries to wiggle out of their little hole with a show of projection. At least now we know that you admire rose coloured erseholes. :lol::rotflmao: :thumb04: :018: ;)