FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The Best Spl Relegation Battle Ever?

CELTIC1CALEY3

Surely this has to be the best yet. Without tempting providence here is how I see it with 8 or 7 games to go.

Falkirk are at the bottom but Yoki is too strong to let his team lose. I feel they will beat Kilmarnock before the split after two very hard games againgst the old firm who will now start to perform. I do not expect Falkirk to be relegated.

ICT are still in a dangerous position and if we get cocky we will drift into oblivion. I am optimistic this will not happen and see players really wanting to impress.

For a long time I thought it would be Kilmarnock because they cannot win. Last year they came very close i.e. 11th behind Gretna. If they go down it ccould be financial ruin.

Hamilton have been gritty and after a long run without a win earlier in the season become a little cocky. Points wise they are reasonably safe at present.

This leaves St Mirren. New stadium, new facilities, cup semi final distraction. They play Hibs and Motherwell after Rangers. Not an easy three games when you have not won in the league this year, have a dodgy keeper, and no back up because the other guy is injured.

Hamilton, some injuries and beginning to look dodgy again. We have to beat them regardless of the Dons game. They play Dundee United next and that promises to be very tasty. Two defeats and they will wobble through lack of experience.

So at present my prediction is that St Mirren and their dodgy keeper are heading down the chute - financially they have stacks of cash to survive.

Edited by CELTIC1CALEY3

Surely this has to be the best yet. Without tempting providence here is how I see it with 8 or 7 games to go.

Falkirk are at the bottom but Yoki is too strong to let his team lose. I feel they will beat Kilmarnock before the split after two very hard games againgst the old firm who will now start to perform. I do not expect Falkirk to be relegated.

ICT are still in a dangerous position and if we get cocky we will drift into oblivion. I am optimistic this will not happen and see players really wanting to impress.

For a long time I thought it would be Kilmarnock because they cannot win. Last year they came very close i.e. 11th behind Gretna. If they go down it ccould be financial ruin.

Hamilton have been gritty and after a long run without a win earlier in the season become a little cocky. Points wise they are reasonably safe at present.

This leaves St Mirren. New stadium, new facilities, cup semi final distraction. They play Hibs and Motherwell after Rangers. Not an easy three games when you have not won in the league this year, have a dodgy keeper, and no back up because the other guy is injured.

Hamilton, some injuries and beginning to look dodgy again. We have to beat them regardless of the Dons game. They play Dundee United next and that promises to be very tasty. Two defeats and they will wobble through lack of experience.

So at present my prediction is that St Mirren and their dodgy keeper are heading down the chute - financially they have stacks of cash to survive.

All bets are off until after the split, then all hell will break lose in a 5-way loser loses all. For my money, and from what I have seen, Killie may just be the weakest, but I dont think there will be much daylight between the lot of us.

good luck if you win

but i personally think its St Mirrens turn to go down. They have been dodging relegation for a while now so i think the flukiest team should go.

Frustrates me when people say it's a certain team's "turn" to go down.

Not as if they take it in turns is it. :rotflmao:

Yes Midden are qutie dodgy, however I believe Killie have the worst squad n the league, and are p!sh.

So it's definitely their turn to go down.. :thumb04:

There you go, I think Killie's squad is the best :rotflmao: all about opinions I suppose.

Certainly close. I'm wondering if maybe Hamilton will take a dive. At the moment, a good run sees us a good chance of survival but all the relegation threatened teams have good squads and good managers. None of them really deserve the First Division.

There you go, I think Killie's squad is the best :rotflmao: all about opinions I suppose.

Certainly close. I'm wondering if maybe Hamilton will take a dive. At the moment, a good run sees us a good chance of survival but all the relegation threatened teams have good squads and good managers. None of them really deserve the First Division.

Let's change the entry criteria then! Only teams currently in SPL qualify for SPL football because they don't deserve SFL1 football. :thumb04:

Self Preservation League, rite enuff! :018:

I don't think you've quite got the jist of what I'm saying.

Think last year. Think Gretna. Think 'worst squad'. Think 'way behind on points'. Think 'a lot worse than any other team'.

Same scenario as this year? No?

Get it now?

No self-preservation call, just looking at the state of the teams in the relegation battle.

If you can't beat caley with Zebi-Zadi giving you the ball like that, you have to wonder! St Midden and Killie will be keeping an eye out for each others results I think. Falkirk have some decent, experienced players and showed they can put the ball in the net against us, whilst Hamilton have a wee bit of talent in their team. As long as Foran and Morias (when he's trusted enough to get on) keep running at people, we'll be alright. :rotflmao:

Theres no doubt we are still right in the thick of it but at least we are winning games. Take away the dissapointment of the home game against well and away to Falkirk and our form is tremendous. The 2 we lost that I mentioned both included getting players sent off so all in all I think we are more than capable of staying up. The more points we can take before the split the better as well as was previously mentioned, Its going to be a dogfight so the further we get clear the happier I'll be. 4 out of 6 points would be handy.... As for who goes down? I hate Falkirk the most but there good enough to avoid it which grates me to admit. Probably Killy rather than the Midden as Killy have forgotton how to win.

Beats the usual boring end to the season we normally have though :rotflmao: :thumb04: :018:

The difference between us and the others is, we got rid of the two muppets before it was too late but the others have not changed anything.

We're still not a good side but we now have a bit of fight, even if it's poor to watch at times. If people take the long view, instead of expecting us to win every week, we'll edge ahead of the pack gradually.

At least the nightmare scenario of P*rt*ck swapping places with us now looks very unlikely.

I hope next season Terry and June can get a side on the park with a couple of players that can create as I don't want to watch Brew-type football forever just to stay up.

Yip certainly looks that way.

We have always preformed ok post split, but normally pressure is off us, this year is certainly different but hopefully we have sufficient experience to see us thro'

A win pre split v Accies will certainly go a long way to helpour survival

It may even be one of the best finishes to the SPL as a whole (although by best, I don't mean in quality of football!). There's a battle for the title, for 3rd and 4th, to make the top 6, and of course, the humdinger of a relegation battle. Anyone of 5 teams can go down as this year there is no Gretna to save everyone else's skins. I just wish we were looking at the relegation battle from further up the table!

Definitely the best relegation battle since we joined the league, we looked doomed until Terry & June took over, it then looked a two horse race between ourselves and Falkirk but then became a 4 team fight and Hamilton are being sucked back into it after being deemed safe about 6 weeks ago. So long as we can pick up another 7-8 points we will be safe.

I think our position looked worse due to the farcical fixture schedule. We had played our toughest opponents whereas others were on easy street. Not so easy for them now and we are benefitting. Coupled with the removal of the barriers, we look well capable of staying up. Still 21 points available though so points will be tough to come by.

Have Hamilton run out of steam?

I certainly hope thats the case when we play them in 2 weeks.

The Aberdeen game next week will be tough but i really think we need to win against Hamilton before the split and especially considering that they haven't scored in 5 games this is the best chance we will get. If we win that then i think that will set us in great stride after the split.