Duff Or Munro

Renegade

Who would rather see partner Mihadjuks in central defence?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather see, Duff or Munro partner Mihadjuks?

• Duff
    • Munro
    • Someone Else - Please State

Too late to change it now and experience should help to keep Grant in the side, but the fans are getting ticked off with the thumping clearances, although maybe that is just what the Butcher ordered given our predicament......... also Grant started the move that led to Morais first goal with a long ball forward to Proctor.

Therefore, I will stick with Grant, although Duff should be pressing hard for a start next season.

We need all the experience we have atm.

Despite his hurrendous distribution of the ball i think he would have alot more influence in a game than Duff. Jamie Duff is a great young prospect and i would love to see him get more of a shot in the team next year but for now we need all the experienced heads in the team.

Duff. I know under19 to first team is a big jump but i mind seeing him captain the u19s one afternoon. couldnt hear anybody else on the park. hopefully in the future he can dominate games like he did that day. in TB and MM he couldnt have better people to learn off so i hope he grasps his chance.

I know 99.9% people will disagree with me for saying this but. . .

Phil McGuire :rotflmao:

He is a good strong player that clears the ball very well but seems to have a little issue with his temper which am sure Butcher can sort out.

:thumb04:

I think this thread is just as ridiculous as the 'signings for next season' thread.

Munro, years of dedicated service, our captain, ICT supporter, left footed sweeper... fits perfectly with Mihadjuks. Duff, on the other hand had a hooffull of consecutive appearances (most of which he made mistakes in), doesn't have the intelligence (yet) to be anything but a ball winner and when we already have Pavels winning everything in the air we need someone to sweep in behind and Granty has done that brilliantly for a long time.

Granty is suffering because he is covering for the ever predictable Zadi.. if you stick Hastings back in at left back then IMO we have one of the best defences in Scotland... as we did before Dods left us.

Sick of threads like this, I understand everyone has their own opinion but Granty would walk across the Sahara for this club and to see a thread like this must break his big ICT heart.

I can only recall McGuire having one half decent game. Against Killie in October, when he scored. He was relatively solid that day.

But even then we went 1-0 down to a set of defensive howlers. McGuire is decent back-up behind Jamie Duff, end of.

And he is injured atm. Thats why he isn't playing at all.

Edited by ajsict92

:rotflmao:

he is injured, he's not rubbish.

Is that the same injury he picked up from the Celtic match or is it a more recent one.

Like every player at ICT he (McGuire) got a clean sheet when Butcher arrived and we simply haven't seen anything of the guy since then to be able to make any decision on him under the new regime.

Same goes for Duff, I think he's got huge potential, but on what we've seen since Butcher arrived then Munro edges it. Good to have competition for places though, so long may Duff (and others) continue to push for starts.

A good footballer should be capable of playing in more than one position. I would like to see him tried in a cental midfield role alongside Blackie. His distribution/passing is good, he is good in the air and tackles pretty well.

I don't think he should replace Munro in cental defence.... not yet anyway.

I'd walk the Sahara to play for ICT too, but it aint gonna happen.

probably because you are pish at football (or at least not good enough to play pro level). Granty is, and loves the club! 2 seasons ago Munro was part of the 3rd best defence in Scotland... and there are signs of that now with Pavels in the squad & Esson in the sticks. I think if we replace Djebi-Zadi with a more consistant and reliable left back then we will have one of the best defences in Scotland again

I don't think Grant Munro has been a good captain and think Ross Tokely should be given the armband next year. I am sure he would walk the Sahara just as quickly! And give Lionel a break - without him in the team where were we? He isn't perfect but then neither is Munro. Duff is a good young player and great to see him being given the chance in first team to prove himself.

Maybe Munro's problem is the lack of English in the backline. Darren Dods spoke English while Mihadjuks and Djebi-Zadi's English isn't great from what I've heard and then there's Hastings. I know Hastings come from the English speaking bit of Canada but that probably doesn't matter as poor Grant probably can't understand Dicky's strange accent and the way he always ends sentences with "AY".

Maybe Munro's problem is the lack of English in the backline. Darren Dods spoke English while Mihadjuks and Djebi-Zadi's English isn't great from what I've heard and then there's Hastings. I know Hastings come from the English speaking bit of Canada but that probably doesn't matter as poor Grant probably can't understand Dicky's strange accent and the way he always ends sentences with "AY".

kick la bloody pilko for kiel malmola kiel vi povi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esperanto

Edited by gordyfromsneck

I don't think Grant Munro has been a good captain and think Ross Tokely should be given the armband next year. I am sure he would walk the Sahara just as quickly! And give Lionel a break - without him in the team where were we? He isn't perfect but then neither is Munro. Duff is a good young player and great to see him being given the chance in first team to prove himself.

That's a different point entirely... I also think we have/had stronger candidates for the captaincy but I can't understand how anyone can suggest that Duff is a better player than Munro. Duff has had a hand full of appearances in his very short career, most of which we lost and most of which he was a culprate for 1 of the goals..... yes Duff has potential to be a very good player but it sums up the mentallity of our support to suggest that on so little evidence they think that he is a better player than Munro. Similar to Zander.... just because you have seen him do some keepy ups at the side of the pitch doesn't mean he has the standard required to mix it in the SPL.

Brown

Tokely Dods Munro Hastings

As I mentioned previously, the above defence let in less goals than every other team apart from the old firm. Fraser, didn't work out for whatever reason but now we have Esson who has been excellent this season. Dods was a big miss, we had a massive hole in the centre of defence until Mihadjuks turned up but now he is in the team we look as solid as ever... get Hastings back in the team and we'll be back to our best defensively.

Munro is a tried and tested centre half who sweeps perfectly for the ball winner...

That's a different point entirely... I also think we have/had stronger candidates for the captaincy but I can't understand how anyone can suggest that Duff is a better player than Munro. Duff has had a hand full of appearances in his very short career, most of which we lost and most of which he was a culprate for 1 of the goals..... yes Duff has potential to be a very good player but it sums up the mentallity of our support to suggest that on so little evidence they think that he is a better player than Munro. Similar to Zander.... just because you have seen him do some keepy ups at the side of the pitch doesn't mean he has the standard required to mix it in the SPL.

Brown

Tokely Dods Munro Hastings

As I mentioned previously, the above defence let in less goals than every other team apart from the old firm. Fraser, didn't work out for whatever reason but now we have Esson who has been excellent this season. Dods was a big miss, we had a massive hole in the centre of defence until Mihadjuks turned up but now he is in the team we look as solid as ever... get Hastings back in the team and we'll be back to our best defensively.

Munro is a tried and tested centre half who sweeps perfectly for the ball winner...

Well said. Take out Lionel, and we're sound!!

Here a thought, how many goals/games has Grant Munro costs ICT by his constant hoofing? His hoofs do one thing, give the ball straight to the oppostion, when this happens, they have the upper hand. My guess is it's cost quite a few.