Soma

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Video showing how to get a score of over 100,000 every game!!! -

:018: :rotflmao: :thumb04:

really? ;)

I think you shall find Elgin City and Ross County has a top best player under the name 'ICT.'

I wonder who that could be :rotflmao:

When you play as Gretna, why are there English Flags and when you score it comes up "Greenies"

P.S I got my highest score playing as gretna :rotflmao: but it says ICT as the top goalscorer) and Elgin.

county have knocked ICT off there top goalscorer.

Gretna.

It will be a reference to Gretna Green I would imagine, which is distinct from Gretna, it's closest town/village.

My mate Wiki told me this, but I knew it anyway.........

Gretna Green is one of the world's most popular wedding destinations, hosting over 5000 weddings each year. [2]. Gretna's famous runaway marriages began in 1753 when an Act of Parliament, Lord Hardwicke's Marriage Act, was passed in England, which stated that if both parties to a marriage were not at least 21 years old, then consent to the marriage had to be given by the parents. This Act did not apply in Scotland, where it was possible for boys to get married at 14 and girls at 12 years old with or without parental consent. Since 1929 both parties have had to be at least 16 years old but there is still no consent needed. In England and Wales the ages are now 16 with consent and 18 without.

Before these changes occurred, many elopers fled England, and the first Scottish village they encountered was Gretna Green. The Old Blacksmith's shop, built around 1712, and Gretna Hall Blacksmith's Shop (1710) became, in popular folklore at least, the focal point for the marriage trade. The Old Blacksmith's opened to the public as a visitor attraction as early as 1887.

The local blacksmith and his anvil have become the lasting symbols of Gretna Green weddings. Scottish law allowed for 'irregular marriages', meaning that if a declaration was made before two witnesses, almost anybody had the authority to conduct the marriage ceremony. The blacksmiths in Gretna became known as 'anvil priests'.

Gretna's two Blacksmiths' shops and countless inns and smallholding became the backdrops for hundreds of thousands of weddings. Today there are several wedding venues in and around Gretna Green, from former churches, to purpose buit chappels, but the services at all the venues are always performed over an iconic Blacksmiths anvil. Gretna Green endures as one of the world's most popular wedding venues, and thousands of couples come from around the world to be married 'over the anvil' at Gretna Green.

In common law, Gretna Green marriage came to mean, in general, a marriage transacted in a jurisdiction that was not the residence of the parties being married, to avoid restrictions or procedures imposed by the parties' home jurisdiction.[3] Other towns in which quick, often surreptitious marriages could be obtained came to be known as "Gretna Greens".[4] These have included Elkton, Maryland,[5] Reno and, later, Las Vegas, Nevada, all in the United States. A notable Gretna marriage was the second marriage in 1826 of Edward Gibbon Wakefield to the young heiress Ellen Turner, the Shrigley abduction.

In 1856 Scottish law was changed to require 21 days' residence for marriage, and a further law change was made in 1940. Other Scottish Border villages previously used for these marriages were Coldstream Bridge, Lamberton, Mordington and Paxton Toll.

Today, possibly as many as one of every six Scottish weddings take place at Gretna Green or in the town of Gretna.

There is an anvil in Gretna, Manitoba, Canada to symbolize the blacksmith, and the source of its name, inscribed on it is Scotty woz here.

With a healthy cushion at the top for us, I think we should be assisting in getting C*unty relegated :rotflmao:

am up for that!!! :thumb04:

Some county fan has been reading this. They seem to be going up quite fast :rotflmao:

O BTW Man for the Job! When you play as FC United - why does it come up 'We Smashed up Blackpool' when you score? ;) :thumb04: :018:

When you play as Gretna, why are there English Flags and when you score it comes up "Greenies"

P.S I got my highest score playing as gretna :thumb04: but it says ICT as the top goalscorer) and Elgin.

county have knocked ICT off there top goalscorer.

There's English flags for Caley also :rotflmao:

i beg to differ!!!

solitire and scotland flags!!! i see that the solitires are covering the union jacks :rotflmao: