FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Trepidation..

caley100

Accepted, our league position gives cause for concern BUT it is Brewster's legacy that caused this.

Since the change of manager we are one of the top performing teams, on points gathered.

I realise that past performance does not guarantee wins in the run in but I would rather have our recent history behind us than any other bottom six team, at this time.

Brewster's legacy was the decimation of a great team but that's becoming ancient history, leave it be.

Onwards and upwards.

Why do Falkirk need to rely on others?

because they are 4 points adrift ..... they need to hope someone else slips up.

The way I see it, every team has their own fate in their own hands. If Falkirk were to win all their games they would be safe, the same as everyone else. I personally don't believe they will win all their games and just as we are feeling the pressure, I'm sure everyone of the bottom 5 will all be feeling the same pressure. Some of these teams will not survive if they go down and this will have been made very clear to them, therefore they should have a bigger burden knowing it could be their jobs on the line. As has been said, although it's not great to watch it has been very effective and a couple of positive results could see us safe long before we send Falkirk back to the 1st Division.

our form in the last 8 games is (equal) third best among ALL SPL teams. Every single one of the other 5 in the bottom half sits between 8th and 12th on that list with Falkirk in 11th.

That was why it has been effective, but I do not think it has been good to watch and those who think it will change are sadly mistaken. It is all about getting points and having watched their tactics TB and MM are all about getting it from back to front as quickly as possible and those of you giving Grant a hard time for punting the ball forward should ask themselves if that is what he has been asked to do.

That was why it has been effective, but I do not think it has been good to watch and those who think it will change are sadly mistaken. It is all about getting points and having watched their tactics TB and MM are all about getting it from back to front as quickly as possible and those of you giving Grant a hard time for punting the ball forward should ask themselves if that is what he has been asked to do.

Let's hope that's not the case cause he's useless at it, and it seldolmly works.

Edited by Renegade

Realisticly if results go our way on Saturday we are pretty much home free. We could go seven points ahead of Falkirk with four games remaining. If that happens the pressure is all on Falkirk. They can't afford to slip up after that and we only need 3 points from the rest of our games to ENSURE we are statisticly safe. We NEED to fight for it on Saturday. Somehow I don't think the league will be as simple as I suggested above, lets hope it is though.

I believe that Butcher and ICT have shat all the bad form, that Brewster left us, out against Falkirk and Hamilton. We will see a motivated and physical team against Midden. Only thing is, we have a lot of nervous players. If people can keep their footballing brains on (Grant, Ross and the Lion), then we'll be cool. :rotflmao: