FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Trepidation..

caley100

Is a longer word than marmalade!

But in reality its the way i am feeling at the moment, cant say i'm looking forward to these next 5 games all that much, we have never been at this proximity to the bottom of the league at this stage of the season before (SPL).

The worry is that the team aren't playing very well, we scrape a draw with our relegation rivals, we get humped by Falkirk 4-0 who cant manage a league goal after that, where are we going to get points from to survive?

Midden next week will hopefully get us a point, home to Hamilton will get us 3 if Butcher has done homework after seeing them for the first time, if we can get 4 points from these two games we could gain confidence and get wins vs Killie and Bairns.. and survival.

Edited by caley100

I don't share your optimism for a point from the St Mirren game. On recent form they are a much better team than us, and our record in Paisley is poor (and it has been ever since we let Darran Thomson go :rotflmao: )

Our only chance is if Dorman breaks a leg both legs.

The Hamilton one is really vital. Fourth time lucky, please.

You say you can't see where goals/results are going to come from..then you predict us to get 4 points from the next 2 games?! :rotflmao:

But I am also very worried, given the fact that we do not have a natural goalscorer upfront and no player really on form and scoring.

I reckon the Hamilton at home game is the biggest game in history if we win it, cause if we do, I think we will stay up. But, the only way I can see us winning it is if the fans turn out in numbers and make a real noise(which won't happen but hey).

Edited by roscoe23

Is a longer word than marmalade!

But in reality its the way i am feeling at the moment, cant say i'm looking forward to these next 5 games all that much, we have never been at this proximity to the bottom of the league at this stage of the season before (SPL).

The worry is that the team aren't playing very well, we scrape a draw with our relegation rivals, we get humped by Falkirk 4-0 who cant manage a league goal after that, where are we going to get points from to survive?

Midden next week will hopefully get us a point, home to Hamilton will get us 3 if Butcher has done homework after seeing them for the first time, if we can get 4 points from these two games we could gain confidence and get wins vs Killie and Bairns.. and survival.

To be honest i'm not confident either , St Mirren are doing not bad just now , Hamilton will be a tricky one (will the ref turn a blind eye to their cheating , diving & time wasting ?)Killie , we might get something out of , Motherwell , whens the last time we gained points playing them ? , Falkirk Hmm .

Unless our team play like theyre up against old firm for the next few weeks then i reckon we're screwed

I sincerely hope i'm wrong :rotflmao:

In the last ten league games we have won 4 drawn 3 and lost 3. Hamilton have 2 win 2 draw and 6 lost. Falkirk 2 win 3 draw 5 lost. St Mirren 1 win 6 draws and 3 lost. Kilmarnock 1 win 5 draws and 4 lost.

If similar form continues, and bearing in mind those teams are all playing each other, we are surely the favourites for 8th place.

I can see the fight out on the last day to be between Hamilton, St Mirren and Killie with us and Falkirk safe.

Try looking at it this way......Where are Falkirk going to pick up 4 more points than us?

I'm in no doubt , Falkirk will pick up points soon !

That's as may be.....but you still haven't answered the question.....where will they pick up 4 more points than us?

St Mirren haven't won at home in the league since they moved so theres a chance of a result.

Motherwell have nothing to play for so they may go into games with a slight end of season feel to their play. We were like that in our first season.

Killie never seem to beat us no matter what they do. So all being well it stays like that.

If we can score the first goal into Hamilton then i think were laughing. They usually cave after conceding first...

...and by the end of the season hopefully Falkirk will have already been relelgated or will crumble under pressure.

These are the positive things i can point out for the next 5 games but it will be very tough i think.

Try looking at it this way......Where are Falkirk going to pick up 4 more points than us?

I'm in no doubt , Falkirk will pick up points soon !

That's as may be.....but you still haven't answered the question.....where will they pick up 4 more points than us?

Ok CaleyD, I rate Falkirk more than Killie , St Mirren & Hamilton, they've probably more chance of getting something out of Motherwell & also not forgetting theyve beaten us in our last couple of games !

Edited by Fanoffooty

You should go in to politics!!!

It's a simple question....who do you think Falkirk will take points from that ICT will not?

Motherwell & St Mirren , both those games Falkirk play at home , when we play them we're away !

We've no been very good away lately :rotflmao:

Edited by Fanoffooty

In the last ten league games we have won 4 drawn 3 and lost 3. Hamilton have 2 win 2 draw and 6 lost. Falkirk 2 win 3 draw 5 lost. St Mirren 1 win 6 draws and 3 lost. Kilmarnock 1 win 5 draws and 4 lost.

If similar form continues, and bearing in mind those teams are all playing each other, we are surely the favourites for 8th place.

I can see the fight out on the last day to be between Hamilton, St Mirren and Killie with us and Falkirk safe.

I'll be so delighted if your prediction is correct !

the bottom line is that our fate is in our own hands. We do not need to rely on other results like Falkirk do so a big push is needed and the players have to be motivated, and determined from the first to final whistle in all of these games and we will be fine. TB will motivate them, of that I have no doubt !!!

the bottom line is that our fate is in our own hands. We do not need to rely on other results like Falkirk do so a big push is needed and the players have to be motivated, and determined from the first to final whistle in all of these games and we will be fine. TB will motivate them, of that I have no doubt !!!

Well - That is it in a feckin nutshell - We are four points adrift of relegation - that is what WE have to maintain. I actually believe that what we have is the desire and the committment to survive - Butcher just has to put out a settled side to do that - this is not the time to play peeple who may crack under the pressure.

I would take a point at the Methadome - three against Hamilton is an absolute must - I reckon we could pinch all three at Muversmell and at least point at Killie - that would leave the Bairns game as a delightful watch.

I still think that Hamilton may go down as they will find it difficult to beat Falkirk, Midden, Killie and ourselves - and that is the one game that the Well may be really up fer.

Whatever way you shape it, and however defeatist you want to be....I'd far rather be in our position than Falkirks right now!!!

We were in a far worse position than Falkirk not all that long ago and although it's not all been plain sailing I found it hard to believe back then that we'd be going in to the split with a 4 point advantage over anyone....but here we are and our form in the last 8 games is (equal) third best among ALL SPL teams. Every single one of the other 5 in the bottom half sits between 8th and 12th on that list with Falkirk in 11th.

What I want to know is...where the feck are people getting this idea from that we're somehow the ones on the bad run and who are going to struggle more than the rest in the run in?

I'm not looking for blind faith, the evidence is there and it speaks for itself, so a bit of belief FFS.

Whatever way you shape it, and however defeatist you want to be....I'd far rather be in our position than Falkirks right now!!!

We were in a far worse position than Falkirk not all that long ago and although it's not all been plain sailing I found it hard to believe back then that we'd be going in to the split with a 4 point advantage over anyone....but here we are and our form in the last 8 games is (equal) third best among ALL SPL teams. Every single one of the other 5 in the bottom half sits between 8th and 12th on that list with Falkirk in 11th.

What I want to know is...where the feck are people getting this idea from that we're somehow the ones on the bad run and who are going to struggle more than the rest in the run in?

I'm not looking for blind faith, the evidence is there and it speaks for itself, so a bit of belief FFS.

Aye ok point taken , at the end of the day whether we're being positive or negative we all want the same .

So starting with Saturday 3 points to ICT Nil points Falkirk , a 7 point gap & we'll be over the moon

Hey, I'm not being defeatist. I do believe that the team have the players and desire to pull it off but that doesn't change the league table.

Accepted, our league position gives cause for concern BUT it is Brewster's legacy that caused this.

Since the change of manager we are one of the top performing teams, on points gathered.

I realise that past performance does not guarantee wins in the run in but I would rather have our recent history behind us than any other bottom six team, at this time.

Listen guys it's this simple, we are goign to stuff ST. Mirren, Flawkirk, Hamilton and Killie

The fact that we ar playing the worst fotball of all five teams is irrelevant, because things are going to change

Onwards and upwards!