FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT Training Tops

There is always a demand for the training kit and track suits, but it has been a few years since we have had any available for sale. Goalie tops are another item that people regularly ask about and these were definitely great sellers in the past. There was only a small order and they sold out quickly. The young kids who like to play in goals with their pals or their school or street league teams would rather a goalie top than an ordinary top.

I believe that the club are missing out on an important revenue stream by not providing these items for sale

judging by the number of times this question is asked, I would agree. Presumably Errea have stuck a minimum order quantity on them that the club think is just to high to take a risk on .........

There is always a demand for the training kit and track suits, but it has been a few years since we have had any available for sale. Goalie tops are another item that people regularly ask about and these were definitely great sellers in the past. There was only a small order and they sold out quickly. The young kids who like to play in goals with their pals or their school or street league teams would rather a goalie top than an ordinary top.

I believe that the club are missing out on an important revenue stream by not providing these items for sale

Agreed.

It's been discussed in several topics recently. Unfortunately those of us who argue in favour of the club increasing their range quickly seem to get shot down by the status quo brigade (no... not the band :angry: )

I can see both sides on this.

I think the question has been asked often enough - about Goalie Tops and Training Tops - that it must be worth the effort of exploring the costs and potential profit of making that stock available. It will either be viable or it will not.

We know that some fans want these so we know there will be some sales ..... The one thing we dont know, is whether there might be enough of a market to make it viable. Errea (like most suppliers) have a minimum order quantity for their stock and I would guess that none of us know what level that min order is set at !!! Perhaps it is higher than the club are comfortable with for items like this and they think they may be left with 'dead stock' on their hands that eventually has to be sold at cost or less?

The club will always manage to shift replica (outfield) kits but there is a smaller niche market for goalie tops. The club will always be able to shift things like Polo Tops with an ICT logo which can be sold over multiple seasons, but Training tops may change from season to season (or every other season) just like the normal tops so they have a fixed 'shelf life'.

It would be nice if the club could clear up why these items are not made available ... As LG says, they may be missing an opportunity .... but equally, they may have explored the idea, and we are missing some facts ....

Unfortunately those of us who argue in favour of the club increasing their range quickly seem to get shot down by the status quo brigade (no... not the band :angry: )

I think we are all pretty much agreeing on this one without anyone getting shot down - the club should stock them, and we dont know why they dont given the perceived demand that might be there.

Hummm I wonder why you like it lol.....

:dunno:

I would purchase one if available. Scotty has made some good points and I understand that any decision has to make commercial sense. The club shop though could poll opinion about what the fans want in terms of merchandise (on-line or via a survey in the club shop) and then determine whether possible to stock or not those items.

Its easy to see why they wouldnt stock them, Scotty has just nailed it. But i would be another one that buy training tops every season aswell as the new home and away kit, whichever kit is due a change.

These items exist and are being worn by players so the club must already be fulfilling the minimum order requirements.

That just leaves the issue of how many they would sell in the shop, and that could be combated with a little advance planning and taking pre-orders....add a few extra for selling in the shop and you've all but removed the risk of surplus stock.

These items exist and are being worn by players so the club must already be fulfilling the minimum order requirements.

That just leaves the issue of how many they would sell in the shop, and that could be combated with a little advance planning and taking pre-orders....add a few extra for selling in the shop and you've all but removed the risk of surplus stock.

I could be wrong, but I dont think the stock for sale and the kit supplied to the team are dealt with the same way by Errea .............

However, I do agree that the risk could be minimised by the use of clever promotion (or any promotion), special offers, PR and such like

Is there anyway the club could take orders for a limited period (say one month) to try to gauge interest? If interest then fullfilled minimum order requirements, or was close, the club could order stock on a no-risk basis. They could also use that information to predict orders for a small general sale of stock in the club shop/online.

I'll buy the new away top today and would happily buy the training top too if it were availiable.

Child-me would've been drooling over the goalie top, too. Think it's worth remembering kids have both Christmas and birthdays each year to beg for stuff (a trick not lost on the old firm!), but we only have one new top available.

Maybe someone should ask the club could they do it for a month get all the training gear, keeper tops, long sleeve tops etc... and see how they get on over that month but then again everyone will know there selling that so most things would have being sold. Then they would say that theres no point in getting more stuff in cause alot of people already have it and the tops and that will just be left in the club shop doing nothing