FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Away Support

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was well impressed, big well done guys. I was intrigued to see how we would fair after dropping a league, but to have the fan base as big as ever if not bigger was a welcoming site! Top marks!

Made me very proud to be ICTFC fan! Hope it carries on!

I will certainly be at more away games this year being Aberdeen based as of next month. Can't wait to follow the team on the road.

Word(s) of advice - book your travel ahead. Trains from Aberdeen to Glasgow / Edinburgh / Inverness are all pretty cheap if booked in advance as is the Megabus. I book my train tickets for going back to Inverness weeks in advance otherwise it gets to expensive to keep going back. IN one month last season I spent ~ ?120 in train tickets as I couldn't get any of the cheap deals.

I will certainly be at more away games this year being Aberdeen based as of next month. Can't wait to follow the team on the road.

Word(s) of advice - book your travel ahead. Trains from Aberdeen to Glasgow / Edinburgh / Inverness are all pretty cheap if booked in advance as is the Megabus. I book my train tickets for going back to Inverness weeks in advance otherwise it gets to expensive to keep going back. IN one month last season I spent ~ ?120 in train tickets as I couldn't get any of the cheap deals.

Thanks for the tip RIG, you are right. I was looking at prices the other day and I noticed that. I'm being sent through to Aberdeen to work next weekend and I booked early so I am getting through for ?7.50. Gutted I'm missing the first home game this season :(

How big was the away support?

About 358 I think.

Thanks for the tip RIG, you are right. I was looking at prices the other day and I noticed that. I'm being sent through to Aberdeen to work next weekend and I booked early so I am getting through for ?7.50. Gutted I'm missing the first home game this season :(

If you can't get those you end up paying about ?30 for a "Saver Return". I've already got my train tickets for Ayr United and Ross County booked :(

Is it the lure of the SFL ? - cannot believe that there were so many "golden oldies", singers, the SESH and new faces - The support yesterday was as good as it gets - long may it continue.

Johndo....

It was a blast sitting up with the Immortal one for an away game. Credit to all the lads leading the singing....you were immense and would fit in well in the South End in Toronto. A fantastic first league game for me and it's unfortunate I won't be able to make more of them.

Hopefully my spirit(s) will follow the team for the rest of the season :(

how can you be sure of the 358 attendance no

We well filled the allocated section anyway.

We also lost a few fans after 30 mins, or should I say they lost their voices, keep drinking.

Ps I think the fans are great, its not just all about ICT its about the people following them too,

We should have a great support for the next few games as this was the first game of the season,then the first home game,next our biggest potential rivals away, followed by the northern tinkers at home.

Queen of the South in Dumfries.

How big was away support............all over six foot I believe............well apart from Johndo.

Edited by themann4thejob
added info

What would be the nearest away ground to England?

Palmerston Park (Queen of the South, Dumfries)

--------------------------------

Great day... I didn't think I was going to make it until the night before but delighted I could. This season could be a belter hopefully we have a decent record at home because if we manage to keep up the away support then we'll win more games than we lose

:) :) :)

.... and it's Caley Army NOT Loyal Army :ohmy:

Its down to one main factor that the away support is better than the home one... Alcohol. :ohmy:

Also the fact that everyone is grouped together at an away day, whereas at a home game most people are spread out, and if people do try singing etc. they just get growled at by some moody f*cker who 'never came here to listen to you' :) That is the main reason why the atmosphere is non-existent at home games, due to these gurny c**ts.

If they don't like a wee bit of noise, and lets face it that's all there ever is at TCS (if anything) then why not go to the Family Section?

It's nothing to do with alcohol. You can easily get a few drinks in Inverness before going to an ICT game. I think it is, as you say, the ability to group like minded folk together and get a good atmosphere going from that.

Oooh I think a modicum of shouting juice always helps the voice to project from the North Stand. The big definite though is the grouping together of the like minded fans. Having decent stewards and polis is also a consideration.

Palmerston Park (Queen of the South, Dumfries)

--------------------------------

Great day... I didn't think I was going to make it until the night before but delighted I could. This season could be a belter hopefully we have a decent record at home because if we manage to keep up the away support then we'll win more games than we lose

:) :) :)

I can assure you mate it's LOYAL army..... as has been sung for most away games the last 6 or so seasons :P

I can assure you mate it's LOYAL army..... as has been sung for most away games the last 6 or so seasons :P

Complete and utter b0llox!

I've been in the bridge end since it existed and I can assure it has ALWAYS been CALEY ARMY until the SPL seasons and the new breed have taken over. Fair play to you lot, you provide great atmosphere and I'm delighted there is someone else singing and adding to the atmosphere but that is the one chant that fecks me off... loyal = loyalist = rangers, we have a bad enough time distiguishing ourselves from the OF filth with having similar coloured shirts no need to have the same tarnished chant!

I repeat it has ALWAYS been CALEY ARMY... I can tolerate SESH ARMY but never LOYAL ARMY