FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Drivers

CaleyMad

I have changed my computer from Windows XP to Ubuntu then Xunbuntu then back to Windows XP and during the last change, i have lost all the drivers. I have downloaded VGA drivers and Sound Drivers but they fail upon opening.

The Screen Resolution cant change from the lowest one and everything is just big and no sound on it.

My monitor is 'hp pavilion f1523' if that helps.

display driver: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar...8753&os=228

what make/model is the graphics card and sound card

also - what model is the actual computer

i have sound... downloaded Realtek Driver.

At this current time, i am downloading a VGA driver in hope of sucess. 100mb is going to take a wallop out of my Pay and Go internet...

I downloaded that on the link above, but nothing seems to have changed...

System

Microsoft Windows XP

Professional

Version 2002

Professional (thats cause i am a pro :rolleyes:)

Registered to:

Steven Webster

55274-640-8965391-23467

Computer

Intel ®

Celeron ® CPU 2.66GHz

2.67GHz, 192 MB of RAM (dont laugh)

Thats everything from the 'general' tab in the system section.

At this current time, i am downloading a VGA driver in hope of sucess. 100mb is going to take a wallop out of my Pay and Go internet...

I downloaded that on the link above, but nothing seems to have changed...

It wont change a thing because VGA has a resolution of 640*480. you will need to download the correct display driver ... all 100Mb of it if you want to get it set correctly. If you cant download it, perhaps you still have some original CDs that came with the computer? if so, check for graphics card cd or driver CD.

800 by 600 actually :rolleyes:

when i change it then nothing really happens. Just black screen.

50% through the driver download at the moment so fingers crossed.

As this is looks to be a older pc and probably has a common or garden onboard graphics chip/card how about going into device manager and asking pc to update the graphics driver from the microsoft update site.

tried :(

800 by 600 actually :rolleyes:

that'll be SVGA then - but no matter, the principle is the same. Your monitor is recommended for a max resolution of 1024*768 (XGA) so thats what the OEM driver should get you to.

all that done was waste some data access cause me to fork out on another ?2 for 24 hours.

if thats the attitude when someone tries to help you - I am done trying. I suggest you check the support forums for your PC manufacturer for further assistance ... and if its that big a deal I will send you ?2 by paypal if you want !

PS - read the disclaimer at the top of the forum too !!! especially where it says "nor do we guarantee that your problems will be resolved."

all that done was waste some data access cause me to fork out on another ?2 for 24 hours.

if thats the attitude when someone tries to help you - I am done trying. I suggest you check the support forums for your PC manufacturer for further assistance ... and if its that big a deal I will send you ?2 by paypal if you want !

PS - read the disclaimer at the top of the forum too !!! especially where it says "nor do we guarantee that your problems will be resolved."

no, i was refering to the file i chose to download. My Fault Computer's Fault

Intel ?

Celeron ? CPU 2.66GHz

I've got more RAM on my mobile phone :D :D :D

:P

mobile's dont have ram :lol:

Edited by caleymad

Caleymad, this might help, but no guarantees.

On the PC, does the cable from the monitor go into a "slotted card" or onto what would be a VGA connector on the motherboard? If as I suspect, the comp is slightly older, then it's as has been said, probably onboard, and therfore an Intel chipset may work.

Try this link for the onboard possibility.

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/inte...363.htm#utility

Intel ?

Celeron ? CPU 2.66GHz

I've got more RAM on my mobile phone :D :D :D

:blink:

mobile's dont have ram :lol:

Oh yes they do my man, My mobile is quicker than my old laptop, it also has more memory than it too. 4 gb hdd, my phones 32gb, I remember when i got it too, 4gb was Foooking massive.. and 64mb or ram ooooober quick!! The processer was around 900meg too, none of this 4 gig pish!! duel who?

What is the manufacturer and model of laptop? This is essential for establishing which Graphics driver you need.

laptop :clapping03: am not that posh...

i just randomly typed in sis vga driver, doownloaded one from google, and it worked :clapping03:

CaleyMad you need your bed!! you posted this at 0316 on a school night lol...

unemployed :P

havent been at school for two years...

Thanks for everyones help neways