FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Albion Rovers Roll Call/Team

WYNESS101

Working in Aberdeen, so won't make this one...

Here's my thoughts on team lineup

Allison might get a starting place in goals, to give him more experience

Tokely will surely come back in for some much needed game time, ahead of his final match of suspension in the league. I'd also imagine Munro and Bulvetis will continue at the heart of defence to keep improving their communication and understanding. Surely Bulvetis has proven he's worth an extension to his 6month contract? At left back i'd like to see Shinnie get another game, or Hastings to come in after his recent injury.

In the middle of the pitch i'd like to see Duncan and McBain give Stratford and Cox a rest. Or even bring in Gavin Morrison, who i've been really impressed by in pre-season. Probably be worth giving the fairly ineffectual Eagle another game on the left in which to build confidence? On the right i'd imagine Ross will come in, but wouldn't be too surprised to see Hayes keep his place to build up fitness. He really impressed me at Dens Park, with the kind of direct play Barry Wilson delivered.

Up front we'll probably have Foran and Sanchez playing again, after netting 4 goals between them in the last 2 games. Rooney would come in if either were to be rested for Saturday; Sutherland coming in if both were to be rested.

Haven't seen Albion Rovers for a few seasons, so i'm not sure what to expect. Thanks to U2 they've had saturday off which could be a good or bad thing for us! Fantastic effort to the fans that come up!

It says "Admission prices to follow" ....

The prices for our games these days are shocking, given the fact that we are in the 1st division and are not playing the greatest football. I still go to the games but to attract more crowd it should be ?5 for a child and ?10 for an adult in every stand.

It is currently ?18 for an adult main stand 1st division game. A child ticket for the Celtic Arsenal Champions League game in a very good area of the ground was ?19, adult was ?30. Just shows you how much our club is ripping off the fans that have stuck by them in relegation.

It says "Admission prices to follow" ....

The prices for our games these days are shocking, given the fact that we are in the 1st division and are not playing the greatest football. I still go to the games but to attract more crowd it should be ?5 for a child and ?10 for an adult in every stand.

It is currently ?18 for an adult main stand 1st division game. A child ticket for the Celtic Arsenal Champions League game in a very good area of the ground was ?19, adult was ?30. Just shows you how much our club is ripping off the fans that have stuck by them in relegation.

Did you see how much they reduced the season tickets by? or the offers available to our younger supporters?

I fancy going up from West Yorkshire, as I've got the week off from the kids. Anyone fancy sharing driving and fuel from the Leeds area and A1 up to Inverness and back? PM me.

Allison

Tokely Duff Hastings Shinnie

Ross Duncan Gillespie Eagle

Rooney Sutherland

Really experimental i know but why not give the back-ups a run out there getting payed so why not make them do something for there money (apart from rossco) who is just needing games

Allison

Rooney Sutherland

Really experimental i know but why not give the back-ups a run out there getting payed so why not make them do something for there money (apart from rossco) who is just needing games

Gillespie has been released.

Allison

Rooney Sutherland

Eh? I'd always been impressed by him...

Probably end up at Elgin City if he has been released?

Allison

Rooney Sutherland

Gillespie hasnt been released

Allison

Rooney Sutherland

He has, he is still training until he finds another club.

And he's useless.

Allison

Rooney Sutherland

He has, he is still training until he finds another club.

And he's useless.

Where is your proof for this then?

I was talking to Dale a few weeks and ago and he was saying that TB was trying to get rid off him as he doesnt rate him as a player

Well if this is the case play him tonight hopefully he has a good perferomance and a club will come in for him, The thing i dont understand about this, is that the monday after our relegation when we released player why didnt we release him then, surely has hasnt became a poor player over 3 months. :blink:

I was talking to Dale a few weeks and ago and he was saying that TB was trying to get rid off him as he doesnt rate him as a player

Well if this is the case play him tonight hopefully he has a good perferomance and a club will come in for him, The thing i dont understand about this, is that the monday after our relegation when we released player why didnt we release him then, surely has hasnt became a poor player over 3 months. :blink:

He still had a year of his contract to run. We only released players who were out of contract so we wouldn't have to fork out any cash.

He still had a year of his contract to run. We only released players who were out of contract so we wouldn't have to fork out any cash.

Phil McGuire? :blink: