FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Butcher stay or go

snowball3117

I must admit i have got nothing to do as im now of work till wednesday. So i think ill keep posting after all its all about opinions. Mine is county were quality yesterday but tbh caley were really poor apart from the 10 min spell i second half slate me if u want but thats me been honest. fcuk knows how you spent 5 years in the prem with players like that.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must admit i have got nothing to do as im now of work till wednesday. So i think ill keep posting after all its all about opinions. Mine is county were quality yesterday but tbh caley were really poor apart from the 10 min spell i second half slate me if u want but thats me been honest. fcuk knows how you spent 5 years in the prem with players like that.

Yeah I wont deny County were miles better than us yesterday. we were awful but I dont think that is what made county look good. County were equally as good as Caley were bad

And we didnt have those players in the SPL that is how we managed to stay in that division for 5 years. Do you really think after getting relegated we would be able to keep the same players?

I always find it funny calling us gypos considering that you have a gypo camp practically attached to your stadium!! i mean come on get your own house in order first. I have to say Snowball, Butcher MUST STAY did you see that state of that team yesterday. Lucky versus the Pars according to the press, dump V Ayr at home, a point V Dundee fair play and absolutely hosed on by the Ross County. so thats 1 point and one consolation in two home games mmmmmmmm Not really the form of (Self proclaimed) title contenders. Your be lucky to finish above us in the mid table.

oh aye and GIRUY

5 years in the SPL, what's that like.....? Oh you would have no idea would you! Catch yourself on snowball, County were a mediocre team yesterday, that managed to beat a shockingly bad ICT. Better team on the day, not the better team overall, which is why you take so much joy from the result. What's County's greatest achievement? Challenge Cup Win? A decent result against their nemesis in a local derby? Two words.... Bigger......Picture! :D

Based on yesterdays performance, (which is no basis at all, for a league where we have to play each other a further 3 times!), County don't look like they'll be storming the league either. With your Manager's record of dressing room discord you'll be damn lucky..........

You've got bragging rights till November, nothing more. The fact that you're so excited by this shows how much you've missed us for the past five years! ;)

See you at the next Derby where the see-saw that is Scottish football may well humble you! :clown2: :wave02:

Aye keep it goin, good to let them see it and cringe come May.

BC you're taking the bait by reacting like that, just give them the satisfaction they crave.

Fair play to C*unty tho, better team on the day yesterday and was a thoroughly deserved victory.

We had what most of us will be hoping was just a bad day at the office.

One things for sure tho, if we want to have a chance of finishing even in the top half of the league then we need to get the finger out and start playing football. Yesterday was a dire, heartless performance from us.

Mon November.

caley were awful yesterday but i dont think butcher is to blame it is a case of bein poor at home again away weve picked up 4 points while home only 1 with 1 goal scored things could have been different when they cleared the ball off the line but everyone is beating everyone so i think it will be tight but butcher nearly saved us last year so stop whinging by christmas we may be miles ahead

Snowball, it was a bit of genious starting this thread because it totally unsteadys their ship, the fact they have fans coming on here and questioning Butchers management skills, its like a chip in a windscreen, it will eat away at you all until it becomes a crack after the next bad defeat(next 1st div game probably), then it will smash after a bit more after a bad run, and you will all be on Butchers back to get rid of him. If that happens then I hope Snowball gets the credit for getting butcher the sack!!

In all seriousness though, I didn't see any of the passion that i thought Terry would have managed his team with. From 10 mins into the game he looked dejected and unable to motivate them for the rest of the game. He is on shed loads of money to get yous back up on the first go, and if that is to happen I hope this is a wake up call to him, the team, and you fans, that you ain't going to walk this first division. Your board have to work out if Terry is there for the pay cheque or is actually willing to mastermind a return straightaway.

I think his mind may have been on the Scotland Team. Thing is if Scotland were playing well and the morale would be high, he would bring that back to Caley and would have a positive effect on the team, unfortunatley its had the opposite effect and he really needs to quit Scotland to concentrate on management of his full-time job.

Edited by dingwallcof

Jesus people. Settle down. No neeeeeed. He will prove his worth. Cant believe some folk

aye that's probably what every other team said until they fired him. he sucks, l think someone has said it and that is he talks a good game but plays a sh*t one. i've said this from the beginning, I dont think he is any good. him and MM are clueless and the only consistancy the pair have is being fired.

I was always a fan of Butcher but the whole of this season i am starting to lose faith and I aint sure why i love the man's sense of humour and stuff but can he manage? It was totally the wrong tactics he started with and never once changed them, his subs were shocking lionel shld have been taken off well before he was, the players didnt seem interested and even after HT they were the same

I like Butcher but we cant afford to do what we did with Brewster i aint saying get rid now but by this time next month if things havnt improved well get rid

Tokely is coming back and if played in his PROPER position will make a big difference. Imrie is improving and shouldn't be out too much longer. Terry Butcher is a credit to ICT - very good PR qualities. And it is a pleasure to hear him speaking compared to some of the other drongo managers about who are totally incoherent. We have lost ONE game. Manchester United lost to Burnley - is there any word of Alex Fereguson being sacked?

GET A GRIP.

I was always a fan of Butcher but the whole of this season i am starting to lose faith and I aint sure why i love the man's sense of humour and stuff but can he manage? It was totally the wrong tactics he started with and never once changed them, his subs were shocking lionel shld have been taken off well before he was, the players didnt seem interested and even after HT they were the same

I like Butcher but we cant afford to do what we did with Brewster i aint saying get rid now but by this time next month if things havnt improved well get rid

So slightly off centre, but what? management skills has he got, look back at his reord, well promulgated n this site. In his managerial career he acheived nought!!! so why do you perserve with him I truly wonder and as for MM he can go down the road.

To throw my hat in, I say get JR back he loves the club, tie him to a contract, he will not leave this time, he has got something to prove and he will

Edited by latviaman

Perhaps you could fill some of that spare time by enrolling in a basic literacy programme.

Perhaps you could fill some of that spare time by enrolling in a basic literacy programme.

B**ch

Tokely is coming back and if played in his PROPER position will make a big difference. Imrie is improving and shouldn't be out too much longer. Terry Butcher is a credit to ICT - very good PR qualities. And it is a pleasure to hear him speaking compared to some of the other drongo managers about who are totally incoherent. We have lost ONE game. Manchester United lost to Burnley - is there any word of Alex Fereguson being sacked?

GET A GRIP.

Please stop comparing us to man utd and butcher to alex ferguson....you just sound stupid.

butcher's record is horrible, you must be his best mate or even butcher himself to say the things your saying.

In all seriousness though, I didn't see any of the passion that i thought Terry would have managed his team with. From 10 mins into the game he looked dejected and unable to motivate them for the rest of the game. He is on shed loads of money to get yous back up on the first go, and if that is to happen I hope this is a wake up call to him, the team, and you fans, that you ain't going to walk this first division. Your board have to work out if Terry is there for the pay cheque or is actually willing to mastermind a return straightaway.

I think his mind may have been on the Scotland Team. Thing is if Scotland were playing well and the morale would be high, he would bring that back to Caley and would have a positive effect on the team, unfortunatley its had the opposite effect and he really needs to quit Scotland to concentrate on management of his full-time job.

Totally agree with all of that... :lol:

What is the big gripe in all this? Is it that we've suffered our first defeat in this league or is it that County beat us?

We've played 4 games out of 36. We've a very new team who, I believe, will come good soon. Prior to the season start all eyes were on Dundee. Are they wiping the board? No! ten teams in this league and all ten could win it. We are not superior to anyone else but we have a team that can do the business and a management that can get the results. The fans need to stop being so negative so early in the season and get behind the boys on the pitch.

And well done County. It'll be a long time till you ever get one over us again so saviour it.

Think the reason this defeat was taken so badly was not just because it was to them, and it was the first time we'd played them competitively in so long.

But also because about 99% of our support expected us to beat C*unty. Myself included.

Hopefully this result is the boot up the erse we need and we don't show this level of arrogance again.

Those saying anything about Butcher to go though.. Come off it.

well give Burley time. hes bound to bu99er it up soon.

in all honesty, the game was shocking and no one in here can say county were a mediocre side playing a shocking team. They deserved their win and theres nothing we can do about that. if's and but's like had the ref given us "that" penalty to possibly taking it back to 2-2 would have spurned us on to push for a winner.

im gonna list caleys problems. 1st problem is the formation, we cant win games playing 4-4-2(too common and everyone knows how to play against it in this division. Hey we had to play 4-3-3 to get out of it last time) i would suggest we adopt our old 4-3-3. also TB needs to get these guys playing together(take them off and do paintballing or something). Djebi-Zadi has become a french Grant Munro in not being able to complete a 5 yard pass. With Tokely coming back(and hopefully to his RB position) should shore up that part of the defence problem, im not convinced Proctor is a defender, we should really deploy him as a winger. For Djebi-Zadi, he seems to be able to play great away from Inverness(we saw that from last season). if he cant do the job up here, bring back Hastings. Still dont understand why an international defender was dropped for a guy who couldnt hack it at several 1st division clubs before us. onto midfield Cox and Eagle are too inconsistent, we should be playing McBain and Duncan there and bringing these guys on so the team can settle into the game with experienced players. Again with Imrie due to return in a month or so he should be able to add pace and experience to our side.

And to the strikers, well they are just shot shy. Wont even take half a chance. These guys need to remember that a half chance has the potential to rebound off defenders or the keeper creating a 2nd(and maybe clearer) opportunity. it could rebound out for a corner allowing us to bring our tall players in for corners. relentless pressure will break down teams(it worked against both the old firm in previous seasons) id would have Sanchez and Foran as out and out strikers and have Rooney play off them. anything that rebounded out would let him unleash a powerful shot off. just my opinion

5 years in the SPL, what's that like.....? Oh you would have no idea would you! Catch yourself on snowball, County were a mediocre team yesterday, that managed to beat a shockingly bad ICT. Better team on the day, not the better team overall, which is why you take so much joy from the result. What's County's greatest achievement? Challenge Cup Win? A decent result against their nemesis in a local derby? Two words.... Bigger......Picture! :P

FFS :rolleyes: Are all we all gonna change into Aberdeen fans who still brag about the glorious 80s :huh: Fact is we are now in the first division, it's a tough division to get out of and we got outplayed by County. 1 match only. Perhaps the players thought they could just turn up and win? I don't think that will be the case with any team in this division, seriously! Every match will be a battle.

Most teams relegated struggle (with exception of Hibs, but they had a very strong team). Partick even got relegated again! If we keep bragging on about SPL when we ain't in it no more and keep expecting to win every game easily then I don't think it will help the team. What happens is fans get frustrated when it doesn't work out and we all start booing and calling for Butcher to go at this ridiulously early stage of the season... it's only been a few games FFS. The season has hardly started!!! Forget the SPL and face the fact that Div 1 is a tough division and there will be few, if any easy matches.

5 years in the SPL, what's that like.....? Oh you would have no idea would you! Catch yourself on snowball, County were a mediocre team yesterday, that managed to beat a shockingly bad ICT. Better team on the day, not the better team overall, which is why you take so much joy from the result. What's County's greatest achievement? Challenge Cup Win? A decent result against their nemesis in a local derby? Two words.... Bigger......Picture! :P

Based on yesterdays performance, (which is no basis at all, for a league where we have to play each other a further 3 times!), County don't look like they'll be storming the league either. With your Manager's record of dressing room discord you'll be damn lucky..........

You've got bragging rights till November, nothing more. The fact that you're so excited by this shows how much you've missed us for the past five years! ;)

See you at the next Derby where the see-saw that is Scottish football may well humble you! :rolleyes: :huh:

this is why we lost, because we think we are better than teams like county, well we're in the 1st division just like them, we haven't proved yet that we are a better team, so can everybody please get rid of this atitude arrogance that has suddenly appeared out nowhere since we got relegated to the 1st division. talking about what we have done doesn't make us a good team now. having respect, trying our best and doing all we can to win games is what we need. if we carry on the way we are we are going to be the laughing stock.

Far too early for this sort of thread. Don't forget that ICT have had to do without Tokely, Imrie, Barrowman and Odihambo so far this season. Where we are by the turn of the year will be a much better guide to our promotion prospects and Butcher's ability to manage in this division.