FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

03/04 vs 09/10

daviehardmuir

sorry if this has been done before was just thinking about it after the game yesterday. We have nothing like the class we did when we wan the 1st division before. Lets take a look...

Brown, Robson, Bingham, Wyness, Ritchie, Wilson, Hislop all very good players who at the time could easily cut it in the spl.

and in our current squad I would say the only player we have of that quality is Foran.

In conclusion we don't have much hope, but in saying that our division rivals don't exactly have great squads either, for example Ritchie Hart was one of Dundees biggest signings. Is the 1st division really gone downhill that much or am I being unreasonable?

Please **** Off

It is one bloody defeat and all of a sudden the world is about to end

Shut up with the we are screwed ****. We arnt it was one ******* defeat. This is really starting to **** me off all the threads about how it is a crisis. Just please go away and stop typing a load of rubbish

Please **** Off

Shut up with the we are screwed ****. We arnt it was one ******* defeat. This is really starting to **** me off all the threads about how it is a crisis. Just please go away and stop typing a load of rubbish

calm yourself mun who said i was relating this directly to that one game? Me saying 'we are screwed' wasnt really the point in the thread. I was trying to make this a general topic!

sorry if this has been done before was just thinking about it after the game yesterday. We have nothing like the class we did when we wan the 1st division before. Lets take a look...

Brown, Robson, Bingham, Wyness, Ritchie, Wilson, Hislop all very good players who at the time could easily cut it in the spl.

and in our current squad I would say the only player we have of that quality is Foran.

In conclusion we don't have much hope, but in saying that our division rivals don't exactly have great squads either, for example Ritchie Hart was one of Dundees biggest signings. Is the 1st division really gone downhill that much or am I being unreasonable?

Please **** Off

calm yourself mun who said i was relating this directly to that one game? Me saying 'we are screwed' wasnt really the point in the thread. I was trying to make this a general topic!

emmm you did. The first line of your first post

Either way you cant judge the squads yet can you. Wait till the end of the season. Im sure if we win the league everyone will be saying how good the team was. You cant judge our players just now based on 4 games compared to a team that played 38 games. Its a bit soon to be making a topic like this

emmm you did. The first line of your first post

Either way you cant judge the squads yet can you. Wait till the end of the season. Im sure if we win the league everyone will be saying how good the team was. You cant judge our players just now based on 4 games compared to a team that played 38 games. Its a bit soon to be making a topic like this

Dont see why Cox might not be able to go on and play for a better team in the future. He is only 19 years old and from what I have seen so far he could be an excellant player for us. It is still far too early to tell. Some of these players might go onto bigger and better things you dont know. Just like im sure most of us never thought that Robson and Brown would go onto play for Celtic. Well not after 4 games you wouldnt

Dont see why Cox might not be able to go on and play for a better team in the future. He is only 19 years old and from what I have seen so far he could be an excellant player for us. It is still far too early to tell. Some of these players might go onto bigger and better things you dont know. Just like im sure most of us never thought that Robson and Brown would go onto play for Celtic. Well not after 4 games you wouldnt

okay fair enough, im not trying to turn this into an arguement but these guys didnt start their career when they joined us, they have played more than 4 games in their life. I agree with you that Cox is a good prospect and could possibly go on to bigger things.

Think that's a bit unfair. Remember the 30 yarders Ritchie used to blast out...okay alot of them missed...but at least he was nearer the target than half the diddy's on Saturday!

I always thought Hart should have stayed...strong player, with a good footballing brain! Think he'll prove his critics wrong, Rock Ness was a mistake, but one he's learnt from...which in the long run could make him a far better player.

Good luck to the lad!

Mrs PB

To those of us who think that one swallow ( defeat ) does not make a summer just remembrer that County are now 6 points better off than ICT in a league which clearly offers a bigger challenge to ICT than we could have thought possible. !

This is not fearmongering by timid minds, folks. It is reality. But it does not concern me as much as thew next point :-

Especially if the measure of the defeat is based on lack of effort, lack of organisation, lack of motivation and lack of spirit and determination..as seems to be the case in this instance.

This may not be a crisis yet folks ,but in these circumstances ...."beware the bogey man".

I would say we have an excellent back 5 but don't know what happened to LDZ on Saturday I hope its a one off.

We have a skillful midfield,who can put balls in the back of the net, I think we just need to stiffen up midfield a little. or midfield have to stiffen up.

I have witnessed all of the ICT v County midfielders score cracking goals, we need to balance the midfield scoring ability with strength and experience.

And we have more firepower up front than we did at this time last year in the SPL with possibly one more on the way.

I'm hoping that this is the season that fans will be talking about in years to come (good things)

Can anyone remember a season where we have hit the ground running and won all of our games at the start of the season and if so how far back do you have to go.

Ed Waiter

The 6 points related to a "six-pointer" game--not the league position. You do understand do you?

I could hardly read your post --time for you to try harder with your grammar, spelling and presentation which leaves a lot to be desired and , by the way, the name Pimple is a surname and starts with a capital letter.

Ed Waiter

The 6 points related to a "six-pointer" game--not the league position. You do understand do you?

I could hardly read your post --time for you to try harder with your grammar, spelling and presentation which leaves a lot to be desired and , by the way, the name Pimple is a surname and starts with a capital letter.

I really don't think you want to go down that road with a post structured like that.

"and space comma", "double hyphons", "double spaces", "poor grammar", use of the word "and" twice in one sentence. You do understand, don't you? No, you don't understand do you?

A six pointer refers to a game where the teams are three points apart and depending on the outcome the teams can remain three points apart, become six points apart or draw level. On this occasion it was and is inappropriate.

I find it extraordinary that someone on the other side of the Atlantic feels the need to comment on the use of the English language.

Have a nice day.