FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Potential Concert at

Feb82000

looks like Rod Stewart is going to do a Concert at caley thistle stadium

I know he looks it but I don't think Rod is dead yet Feb8, no point in you chasing him.

Am not Rod Stewart fan....and i wont be planning to go...but am all for this sort of thing happening in Inverness. Shame we cant get a big act to play Bught Park. That would easily hold a huge crowd.

I agree. I think we should get Biffy Clyro to play in Ness again :)

Or Bruce Springsteen :P

:rolleyes:

Is there any truth to this? Source? Probably more junk from Feb82000, your getting as bad as Renegade with your pointless threads....ghosts that aren't there. Ghosts are not real.

There is some truth that there is a rumour to this effect. I do know that there are plans in place for a significant event and this would fit that bill. Just have to watch this space for further information.

My first ever concert was Rod the Mod at the Caird hall Circa 74,queued out all night with mates, got front row tickets,great show. Intro was the recorded commentary from Scotlands world cup qaulifier then Rod ran on kicking balls into the crowd and playing keepy up whilst singing,great showman in his day,spect he's stiffened up a bit by now but will probly go and see him for old times sake

My first ever concert was Rod the Mod at the Caird hall Circa 74,queued out all night with mates, got front row tickets,great show. Intro was the recorded commentary from Scotlands world cup qaulifier then Rod ran on kicking balls into the crowd and playing keepy up whilst singing,great showman in his day,spect he's stiffened up a bit by now but will probly go and see him for old times sake

Saw him 5 or 6 years ago. He wasn't bad and was still kicking balls into the crowd :)

:)
Is there any truth to this? Source? Probably more junk from Feb82000, your getting as bad as Renegade with your pointless threads....ghosts that aren't there. Ghosts are not real.

There is some truth that there is a rumour to this effect. I do know that there are plans in place for a significant event and this would fit that bill. Just have to watch this space for further information.

If there is a significant event i hope season ticket holders get first priority :lol:

Am not Rod Stewart fan....and i wont be planning to go...but am all for this sort of thing happening in Inverness. Shame we cant get a big act to play Bught Park. That would easily hold a huge crowd.

I'd imagine it would be possible to get 15 - 20 thousand in TCS. Would much more than that turn up at the Bught. Also why give the council the money to waste when ICT can benifit from it.

I'd imagine it would be possible to get 15 - 20 thousand in TCS. Would much more than that turn up at the Bught. Also why give the council the money to waste when ICT can benifit from it.

Im talking a PROPER outdoor gig...with 40,000-50,000 + people (which rules out TCS). I am of the belief that if you get a good act...people will travel and be happy to pay to see the act. Am talking about an act of the caliber of Rolling Stones, U2 etc.

Why couldnt they move away from the bog standard Hampden or Murrayfield Stadiums.

Edited by SMEE

Not a chance you would get that size of event happening in Inverness.

It doesn't have the infrastructure to accommodate the volume....given that most people would be travelling in to the city for it and would require accommodation etc.

Even if you could accommodate it, I highly doubt you'd get the numbers.

You'd have to build the venue from scratch.....making it pretty much cost prohibitive.

And all that before the bureaucrats and church start sticking their nose in!!!