FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

FIFA playoffs

Kirishima

FIFA look after the best teams, to ensure the highest possible TV audiences.

Undoubtedly, but what's next, giving them a one-goal head start, knee-capping the weaker teams striker, setting off their fire alarm the night before (all ludicrous suggestions, but not far removed from this)

Those teams that got into second position don't deserve to be hobbled. If FIFA stands for Fair Play, an even playing field and equality, why are the smaller clubs getting penalised.

I know that seedings happen in every cup, but play-offs shouldn't be like that. Im outraged, but should i be?

There's nothing wrong with seeding as such, but they need to make the rules at the start of qualifying, and stick to them.

They shouldn't be able to just wait and see which teams are in the pot and then apply whichever method favours their preferred teams. On this occasion, France, Russia and Portugal seem to be the beneficiaries.

There's nothing wrong with seeding as such, but they need to make the rules at the start of qualifying, and stick to them.

They shouldn't be able to just wait and see which teams are in the pot and then apply whichever method favours their preferred teams. On this occasion, France, Russia and Portugal seem to be the beneficiaries.

Agreed. The rules should be in place before a ball is kicked for that year's campaign, so that every team can potentially work towards that goal. Doing it 2 weeks before the draw is ridiculous. I think they have lost a lot of face over this. There is no justification for this, each team worked as hard as the other team, indeed the smaller teams had to work harder. I do think it was done to stop a Slovenia v Ukraine / France v Portugal scenario in order to give a helping hand to the "attractive" teams. That, for the World Cup, is unfair.

I'm mad as hell and i'm not gonna take it anymore!

World Cup play-offs:

Republic of Ireland v France

Portugal v Bosnia-Hercegovina

Greece v Ukraine

Russia v Slovenia

Tough draw for RoI - hope they get through though....

Does seem a little harsh to employ seeding and if so then it should have been based on the qualification group status - top 4 finishers drawn against the other 4 - qualification rules though should be clear from the start and you can't go changing or creating them to suit half way through....

World Cup play-offs:

Republic of Ireland v France

Portugal v Bosnia-Hercegovina

Greece v Ukraine

Russia v Slovenia

Tough draw for RoI - hope they get through though....

Does seem a little harsh to employ seeding and if so then it should have been based on the qualification group status - top 4 finishers drawn against the other 4 - qualification rules though should be clear from the start and you can't go changing or creating them to suit half way through....

Well its a shame its RoI and not Scotland, because im sure France must be sh***ing themselves if it was us considering their record against us? :lol: