FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Partick -V- ICT : matchday thread

Scotty

Everybody else had summed the game up very well. We were good in the first half but I thought Partick were good for the whole 90 minutes. Some great Esson saves and some poor finishing from Partick meant we had the lead at half time. We had a few chances as well so it was fairly entertaining. Second half was just like the cup final. we lost all of our shape and there was no surprises that we lost the game.

I was again very disapointed with Ross Tokely. He has been shocking for most of the season and really needs to get himself sorted out. The full backs have been our undoing in the last few matches so Butcher needs to try and solve the problem and maybe bring in a Right and Left back in January to shore up our defence

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just a word in praise of the stewards yesterday. 120 away supporters wasn't exactly the toughest shift they'll ever have to put in but there was no bother/remarks/eye-balling as a fair few of us stood throughout the game.

Damn it, they just ignored us...

:P

I was sitting just in front of you then Top Six, could not believe the chant, outstanding mate :P

Wee funny story...went to Livingstone shopping first (a deal with the girl), then went to the game, rushed home, played a gig in Kirkcaldy with my band, then shot to through to Dunfermline for a night out.

After being at the nightclub me and a mate had the munchies so went to the chippy. I could hear 2 glaswegian women talking, so making drunken small talk i said 'oh i was through at Glasgow today', and one replied 'we are just through here for my mates 30th, why were you at glasgow?'. I said i was an Inverness supporter and was through watching the game at Partick Thistle, to which she shouts OH MY GOD!! and shouts to a guy called Ian at the counter....its only Ian Maxwell!! Haha! Had a good bit banter with him, although i could hardly wind him up eh! His wife said then she loves Inverness, i said good football team but its a cracking place. She said yeah she loved it up there when she stayed for 3 years. I asked what took her up there, and she said it was because Ian was at County...i didnt know this and just shouted 'Aw jesus, it just gets f'n worse!!!' :lol:

How much of a small world really is this world!!!

So, not the best of games, but what a cracking atmosphere for such a small crowd of us!! Will still be there to support the boys, wont get me down!! But something still really needs to click - and put our chances away!!

I'm just glad that there was only 119 people there to hear that clanger! I'm thinking that I might not live it down. Were you the fella in the Flybe jacket?

Not much to add to what's already been said. It was an average performance but i think we still deserved a point. If there was a difference between the teams then it was that they defended better. The spell after half-time finished us again and i think this was a reaction to what happened last week. Our offensive 4-2-3-1 quickly looked like defensive 4-4-1-1 with Rooney hopelessy isolated from the midfield. We rallied and had loads of set piece opportunities but wasted them. Our only clear cut chance came when Foran got to the bye line and cut back for Cox - the Partick defender did really well to get there first and knock the ball over the bar.

Disappointing result which underlines just how difficult this league is.