FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Motherwell Roll Call

TopSix

The forecast looks like the mini ice age we appear to have entered not really improving. I'm caught here between not booking or booking train tickets up from Edinburgh for this one. I've got to admit that the 'well are looking like a decent outfit this season and the game will be a good test for us. Anyone have any idea about when a decision will be made on this fixture?

Edited by themann4thejob

I shall be keeping a close eye on the weather this week before making my decission to travel up. It doesn't look good at the moment but never say never. I don't suppose the club will advise us of the game on/off situation until late Friday or after a pitch inspection on the Saturday morning - either of which will be next to useless for me. And there's always the Keystones who could have a say like they did for the County game. It's a case of wait and see.

The forecast looks like the mini ice age we appear to have entered not really improving. I'm caught here between not booking or booking train tickets up from Edinburgh for this one. I've got to admit that the 'well are looking like a decent outfit this season and the game will be a good test for us. Anyone have any idea about when a decision will be made on this fixture?

Cant say when a decision will be made but wouldn't expect it to be before friday. I hope this goes ahead because I believe we have a good chance of getting the result. I fail to see how you can say motherwell are loking like a decent outfit this season. They've lost their last 5 games, including a 6-1 drubbing from rangers. They haven't had a win in their last 8 games and have only managed 4 wins out of 18 games this season. And they are now managerless

Cant say when a decision will be made but wouldn't expect it to be before friday. I hope this goes ahead because I believe we have a good chance of getting the result. I fail to see how you can say motherwell are loking like a decent outfit this season. They've lost their last 5 games, including a 6-1 drubbing from rangers. They haven't had a win in their last 8 games and have only managed 4 wins out of 18 games this season. And they are now managerless

Craig Brown is their manager, maybe on a caretaker basis, but he will be anxious to make an impression in the hope he'll be offered the job for the long term.

If we can get the pitch playable again and we have a bit of a thaw for the roads, new grit would have arrived by then so I think its games on.

Check your transport options seeing as you'll be getting off at Aviemore anyway and getting a bus.

its been nearly 3 months since we lost a game at home so we cant let well upset our run.

Just seen this info on the SFA website in the event of the game being off or if there has to be a replay

Tues 12th Jan 7.45pm @ TCS will be the rescheduled match in the event of a postponement.

If the game goes ahead and the match is drawn, then the replay would be at Fir park on Tues 19th Jan 7.45pm k.o.

Edited by Chieftain41

Looks like we are one of a few cup games without inspections due for thursday or friday.

Good news, think its only the roads that will be the problem. Does anyone know if the police would cancel the game for the state of a9 and the few well fans or just the streets surrounding the stadium.

The police might cancel the game for these reasons or maybe more particuarly because they have more urgent things for there officers to do than to supervise a football match. In any case if the forcast tempratures of about minus 10 for the weekend actually come about, would all that many people really want to come and watch a football match and is it fair to ask players to strip off and go out and play in conditions like that? I could guess that IF the game goes ahead on Saturday the crowd will be very small indeed and might even be bettered on a nicer midweek night. Sometimes I think too much effort is made to put on football matches in poor conditions.

Looks like we are one of a few cup games without inspections due for Thursday or Friday.

Good news, think its only the roads that will be the problem. Does anyone know if the police would cancel the game for the state of a9 and the few well fans or just the streets surrounding the stadium.

I don't think the condition of the A9 will come in to the equation at all but the surrounding streets may fail us, the irony being that the salt depot is 300yds from the stadium.

If the A9 is taken in to consideration it would be double standards as ICT fans have never been thought of in that way travelling down the A9 for central belt cup games over the years.

One thing that I cant understand is the need to say that the latest a game can be postponed is 4 hours before hand,to avoid what happened at Falkirk?

If its unplayable 90 mins before kickoff surely its better to say so there and then as opposed to giving yourself a gagging order knowing its unplayable and saying nothing, getting all the fans in and then abandoning the game at kick off.

Edited by 12th Man

The police might cancel the game for these reasons or maybe more particuarly because they have more urgent things for there officers to do than to supervise a football match. In any case if the forcast tempratures of about minus 10 for the weekend actually come about, would all that many people really want to come and watch a football match and is it fair to ask players to strip off and go out and play in conditions like that? I could guess that IF the game goes ahead on Saturday the crowd will be very small indeed and might even be bettered on a nicer midweek night. Sometimes I think too much effort is made to put on football matches in poor conditions.

I do believe that (highlighted) is the main criteria for deciding whether a game gets the go-ahead or not. It's a complete nonsense if you ask me.

Edited by Johnboy

I got the train back south today. Don't do it. This is the fourth train i've been on in two week where the carriage has had nae heating. My sperm is healthily chilled today.....

Train south from Inverness?

I didn't think there were any leaving from here today.

I got the train back south today. Don't do it. This is the fourth train i've been on in two week where the carriage has had nae heating. My sperm is healthily chilled today.....

Write to yon Mary Grant at First Scotrail and get your money back on the tickets. It's a damn disgrace trains running with no heating.