FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Its the last day...

caley100

I've been wondering all day who this forward we are interested in may be. I can't even work out which SPL club it might be. No side outwith the OF are over burdened with strikers.

Chances are it'll come to nothing as usual and we'll never know.

Craig Beattie on loan???

Scott McDonald????    yes please! :003:

I hope we weren't one of the clubs in for Crawford cos he's caak!!!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

falkirk had a bid accepted by aberdeen for john stewart so that rules him out,miller gonig to aberdeen to repalce crawford if mackie agrees to move to tannadice

These have to be just wild rumours - well unless Tango man has gone fruit loops?

Aberdeen would be left with a strikeforce of only 'sick note' Lovell & Scotland's answer to Emile Heskey - Lee Miller  :015:

Teletext says we were discussing a deal for John Stewart with Aberdeen but it was wrecked when Lee Millers move to Aberdeen fell through after United refused to pay him off.

Has Charlie quoted as saying "We've made a few moves but nothing has come of them. I'm not worried as I'm happy with my squad"  :007:

John Stewart!!  :017:

Glad that fell through

I'm glad CC is happy with our current squad as his is the opinion that really matters - not sure many of the fans would agree though  :006:

Is Miller to Aberdeen definitely off - the Aberdeen & United fans still seem to think its a goer

Guess we'll find out by midnight.

Who knows which sources are correct as Forth radio apparently said Falkirk have had a bid for Jon Stewart accepted. A St Johnstone fan said they had him on trial earlier but Owen Coyle said he wasn't good enough, lucky escape?

'John Stewart!!

Glad that fell through

I'm glad CC is happy with our current squad as his is the opinion that really matters - not sure many of the fans would agree though  Roll Eyes

Is Miller to Aberdeen definitely off - the Aberdeen & United fans still seem to think its a goer'

Why? from what ive seen of Stewart he seems like a promising young striker with an great eye for goal. Several of my Aberdeen supporting friends are of the opinion that they would want him to stay at Pittodrie too as he is a great prospect. I for one wouldnt mind the deal going through although it looks unlikely now.

Well Miller IS signing for Aberdeen now.

Does that mean the Stewart move is back on?

Guess not it appears Falkirk signed him.

Looks like we'll have to pin our hopes on these trialists - if they actually appear

Well Miller IS signing for Aberdeen now.

Does that mean the Stewart move is back on?

Guess not it appears Falkirk signed him.

Looks like we'll have to pin our hopes on these trialists - if they actually appear

cant beleive every team has signed players bar us :008:

We signed John Rankin didnt we?

I must admit i'm a wee bit disappointed we couldnt strengthen the squad a wee bit, CC himself said he would like cover in a couple of area's, now he's happy with the squad.

I'd rather we didn't sign anyone and kept the money for the January window than just sign someone for the sake of it.

CC is hardly going to come out and say he isn't happy with the squad is he?  That would be as good as telling the guys who may be in with a chance of a squad place that they needn't bother trying and that helps nobody.  I doubt he would deny that it would have been good to strengthen things, but we have what we have and if the players we want/need aren't available then we have to do the best we can with what we have.

As I said last January we are standing still thinking that we can get by on the squad we have when all around are strengthening.  It's absolute folly imho. 

When will we ever get our act together on transfer day.....?

:007: