FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Sanchez

tm4tj

As it says on the tin.

What do you think of Dani.........

My thinking is that he is one of the most talented players to play for ICT. His vision is second to none and he can play people in at will. Maybe he is too clever for us.

Whats your thoughts as he seems to be getting equal amounts of praise and stick at the same time???

As it says on the tin.

What do you think of Dani.........

My thinking is that he is one of the most talented players to play for ICT. His vision is second to none and he can play people in at will. Maybe he is too clever for us.

Whats your thoughts as he seems to be getting equal amounts of praise and stick at the same time???

I agree completely, Don. He's been our most genuinely creative player this season (if not always the most effective) and, with that vision you refer to, has opened up attacks for us frequently in the dozen or so times I've seen him. Some people just can't seem to see any good in the guy: I can understand why they get frustrated with his profligate finishing, but to say he contributes nothing, as I've seen a few posters write? That seems very unfair, unless he's a completely different player at home than he is away from home.

Mind you, what do I know? I also rate Duncan... :D

No Andy, he was what I thought having a decent game and certainly looked up for it then he was hooked by Butch. Eric also played his mini cameo role, but Dani was the one that was probing and asking the questions. Still, it's in the eye of the beholder and that is outwith his contribution.

I think he's a good player and the best playmaker we have. His lack of confidence at shooting is infuriating at the moment as twice today he had a good chance to score but passed it to someone else. However some of the booing and abuse from people around me was bang out of order, they were screaming for him to be subbed every time he had the ball, I'm sure that'll boost his confidence.

Reminds me of Bingham too. Great player, in my opinion, but just like Bingham, I wonder if he's to clever for the rest of the team. Aye, his reluctance to shoot can be infuriating, but the number of times he sets things up more than makes up for that. There were a couple of times today when he pulled the ball back perfectly into the penalty box, but, when all it needed was someone there to hammer it in.....well, there was no one there.

Thats not his fault, it's the players around him who should be reading those kind of passes.

He is completely ineffective in the final third though. If he makes a pass it will reach a player, but its the wrong player that he should have passed to. There was a point at 0-0 when Rooney played a great ball round the defence but Danni was far too hesitant, he could have squared it or just smashed it past Grindlay but instead he waited and waited then won a corner

His touch, vision and his passing are excellent...but his decision making is absolutely woeful, which also makes his finishing poor at times.

He got heavy stick for trying to thread Rooney through instead of taking a swing on his left peg which he should have done. Though imo i think we lost a bit of flare when he was substituted as he was starting to shoot and play well.

I think he is an important player for us and does make a good contribution but if he can improve his finishing then i think he would be even more of a key player in the starting line up. He's an inconsistent talent but i still think he has an important role to play for us.

He is completely ineffective in the final third though. If he makes a pass it will reach a player, but its the wrong player that he should have passed to. There was a point at 0-0 when Rooney played a great ball round the defence but Danni was far too hesitant, he could have squared it or just smashed it past Grindlay but instead he waited and waited then won a corner

I second that.

Undecided.

Without doubt lacks confidence in front of goal and looks for the pass rather than shoot. We can see he has technical ability but sometimes appears lightweight for scottish 1st division football?

Maybe in his younger days he had a coach........or a watching crowd...... who constantly castigated him for missing, rather than praise him for trying. ;)

Imo..that will tend to make one think twice about trying the obvious.

Wonder how long it will take if/when he gets confidence, shoots for goal in a position where he has options....and misses a lot......for people will be complaining because he is a glory hunter who won't give the ball to a better placed player?

Damned in either case, I should think. B)

I'm a big fan, although i do get the impression that home fans don't see the best of him. In away gamed, Dani gets more time on the ball and has more space in front of him to thread through those delightful little through balls. Some of his best performances this season have come against Dundee and i think it's no coincidence that those games have been amongst the most open of the season. Hopefully he can make the difference at Dens next week.

I agree with some of the points made about his lack of confidence in the penalty area though. Earlier in the season, i thought he might just need a couple of goals to set him on his way but it hasn't panned out like that. Does anyone know what his scoring record was like at previous clubs, or even which clubs he played for before joining us?

He reminds me of the time I played football, we bought a player from Nottingham Forest a guy called Whitefoot, he was rubbish, it began to dawn on us that it was we who were rubbish once we got on to his wave length what a difference, so I would agree with what people are saying on this topic Snachez is made to look bad by what he is surrounded by.