FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- Raith Rovers : matchday thread

Scotty

A bit of a wake up call and the least composed we've been in weeks but, when all said and done we have maintained our points advantage over Dundee and County with one fewer game to be paid. I'd have bitten anyone's hand off for a four point advantage with five games to play if offered at the begining of the season far less three months ago when mid table mediocrity looked likely.

In my opinion, Dunfermline and Q.O.S. no longer serious contenders leving us in pole position in a three horse race.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pure heart attack football, and exactly what you would anticipate at this stage in the game. Attack great/ defence mince. Midfield, what midfield? just about sums it up. we were lucky today, but you need that kind of luck sometimes when you are potential champions.Take a bow Ritchie Foran, you nearly made MFTJ pish on his shoes!

Aye Davie, when I heard the roar I couldnae get ma spaver up quick enough and sprinted out the door like a lunatic, waving my scarf above my head with one hand and pulling ma zip with the other, just about got everything tucked away when I hugged bronson in the corner.............well, I had to wipe my hands somewhere, sorry Brosno bud.

What a game and what a result for us. A game that will go down in ICT legend. That goal by Richie was just amazing - I'd like to see a Brazilian bettering that. All I can say is that I'm right glad I made the journey north to see that.

To say well done to the boys, Terry and Maurice just doesn't seem anything like adequate after yesterday.

Just awesome.

:) :D :021: :022: :025: :biggrin01: :cheer01: :angry: :angry: :angry:

On the way back up this evening the missus popped into Tesco at the FRB and reckons she saw Big Dougie with a woman. So we know what he's been doing.

That'll be Mrs Dougie then. Was she quite, er, large in a top-heavy kind of stylee? To be fair to the big man I saw him on Thurs night and he was full of the cold, he drove up for the County game and back down the same night.

From my view I thought the guy fouled Granty first in an effort to get on the right side of him then Granty wrestled him to the deck.

Thats what i made of it, looked to me that Weir was wrestling as much as Granty, he had his arm well round Grants neck as well.

That ref was effing useless.

Aye I was worried Munro was walking after that though. He may have been fouled first off, but the ref never saw it or just let it go, and then Grant wrestled him down. Had Tokely not have been almost in line with a slight chance of getting there too I reckon Munro would have been off.

What was the L & B crew doing..................well working of course. Aye, I know,,,,,,,,,,,,its a weekend ("nobody works at the weekend") and Easter ( "nobody works at easter").

Seeing as your car is warmed up, we can use it on Tuesday

Naelifts ( Sunday 4TH...............still at work ("nobody works on a Sunday")

Seeing as your car is warmed up, we can use it on Tuesday

You'll have to wrestle it off Mrs Mantis then :ohmy:

Naelifts ( Sunday 4TH...............still at work ("nobody works on a Sunday")

Blubber, my keyboard's all wet.

Just a wee point here, was Foran's winner a "spectacular overhead kick" (Robertson) or a "scrambled winner" (Bannerman) Both of youz reporting for the BBC, were you at the same game?

I noticed that. Not once in Charlie Bannerman's report does he mention that Forans winner was an overhead kick, instead he writes 'Foran scrambled home the winner'.. Think he deserves a bit more credit than that!

On the way back up this evening the missus popped into Tesco at the FRB and reckons she saw Big Dougie with a woman. So we know what he's been doing.

That'll be Mrs Dougie then. Was she quite, er, large in a top-heavy kind of stylee?

Nah, this was aparently Kelly Brooke's twin sister and she couldn't keep her hands off him in the meat department.

Edited by Yngwie

From my view I thought the guy fouled Granty first in an effort to get on the right side of him then Granty wrestled him to the deck.

I thought Grant pulled him back and then tried to (and nearly succeeded) in making it look like he got fouled.

Did anyone else think that Tade looked quite a player yesterday? He was big, quick and looked pretty skillfull too.

There was one moment as well when he ran down the right wing in the second half, weaved his way round the ICT defenders, went into the box, weaved about again, skipped over a tackle, then lost the ball, and then got it back again. Sign him up please.

Odi maybe fractionally offside as well, although the other defender is leaning the wrong way making difficult to tell.

Benefits to the attacking team I say. But definitely not the 5 yards that some make it out to be, thats cos he is quick off the mark.

One of the greatest goals I have ever seen.

It was good, but it wasn't that good!

An overhead kick in the last seconds of a match, scored by Richie Foran, to keep ICT at the top of the league by 4 points?

Definitely the greatest goal in the history of football. No exaggerations from me.

One of the greatest goals I have ever seen.

It was good, but it wasn't that good!

An overhead kick in the last seconds of a match, scored by Richie Foran, to keep ICT at the top of the league by 4 points?

Definitely the greatest goal in the history of football. No exaggerations from me.

:lol: :D

Just back home from Inverness (a wee family break )

That game will live with me forever, maybe the football wasn't that great but for excitement it was unparalleld.

Foran was superb, he was so focused he was screaming at a ball boy to retrieve the ball and obviously it must have dawned on him that he was being a touch unreasonable to the wee fellow so he started smiling and laughing to him, priceless.

It wouldn't surprise me if at the end of the season, we look back and say if it hadn't been for Richie's overhead kick we wouldn't have won the league (hey I'm no' counting my chickens btw, just saying)

Like others, I felt Russell Duncan's absense had a bad effect on the team, thankfully the bulk of his critics (and there used to be plenty) have seen the light and appreciate him for what he is.

The scenes after the 4th goal......absolutely brilliant !!

Aye, it was a great wee break.