FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- Raith Rovers : matchday thread

Scotty

Another nerve wrenching day. Glad for Ritchie Foran getting the winner. He's been great this season and up against some stiff competition in Rooney, Hayes & Easson for our player of the season.

5 to go, 3 points on Tuesday will see hopefully 7 points clear.

COME ONE!

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All these midweek games are starting to take their toll. We looked really jaded this afternoon, and not for the first time got a lucky break right on the stroke of full time.

Raith Rovers looked the much fresher side for most of the second half.

We will really struggle to get anything from our next two away games, unless TB can figure out a way of freshening up his side - big time.

I wouldnt say Odi's a waste of space , he's scored twice in one week , what more do you want ? Blood !

I too find so many flaws in his game. So...he scores now and then, his lack of ability to read tha game leads to added pressure on the team. what a difference a knowledgable midfeilder would make to that position. Thats just my opinion

All these midweek games are starting to take their toll. We looked really jaded this afternoon, and not for the first time got a lucky break right on the stroke of full time.

Raith Rovers looked the much fresher side for most of the second half.

We will really struggle to get anything from our next two away games, unless TB can figure out a way of freshening up his side - big time.

Ah ha - a non believer looking fer excuses already.

We are all in the same feckin boat.

Wow, what a finish to a game! I missed their goal but was told it was pretty scrappy, foran equalized and i could sense we were going to gub them. At 3-1, everyone thought it was over but one silly free-kick and they were back in it. Their 3rd came from some awful defending, tade was allowed to run at our defence and it was just to easy for them. Sanchez had a shocker, 2 great chances to put us ahead but fluffed them both.

My initial thought is that they took their eye of the ball. Gaping lack of constant concentration. This team can win the league if they stay focussed. They have the skill, the determination and the organisation. They just need to keep the mind on the game, which they didnt; at 0-0 and at 3-1.

A good team doesn't become a bad team, and from 6 clean sheets to losing 3 goals is down to one thing: the absence of Duncan. As many posters have noted, he has been immense recently, but what a gap he leaves.

I was pleasantly surprised by Stratford, though. Cox continues to improve and showed a lot of guts. Black marks for both Proctor and Eric today though. Gold stars for Rooney, Golly, Hayes, Rosco, but most of all MOM Foran; guts, skill and a bit of flair for the unexpected. He's got the lot.

Looking positively, if they hadn't lost the 3 goals then they wouldn't have had to show off, by getting the last minute winner. Lotsa grit, and that is what wins leagues.

As noted Eric was 5 yards off-side, but finished very well, when deep down we thought he was going to **** it up. Rooney's goal was a big surprise, he had a tight angle, two defenders, and a goalie, but still managed to find the net. I will look forward to seeing that. I didn't see Foran's second, as I was complaining about Rosco being bundled to the ground. Looking forward to that one too.

Great result, but, generally, a poor performance. I thought I was going to have to go to A and E on the way home. Be still my beating heart.

I've finally got my breath back, and had a look at the 4 contenders remaining fixtures. I've ruled Dunfermline out now but not QOS, as they have 8 games left, and a good run could see them still a danger. However QOS have to play County twice in the run in. We could really do with both these fixtures being draws. Apart from meeting us in the final game, Dundee don't play any of the other contenders, so potentially they have the easiest run in, even with 4 away games. So the final day showdown is still a realistic possibility. However, I feel that 10 points from our final 5 games should be enough. Not easy but certainly possible.

Pure heart attack football, and exactly what you would anticipate at this stage in the game. Attack great/ defence mince. Midfield, what midfield? just about sums it up. we were lucky today, but you need that kind of luck sometimes when you are potential champions.Take a bow Ritchie Foran, you nearly made MFTJ pish on his shoes!

There should be a separate thread for programme collectors.

I agree, i've got a fair collection of programmes now and always like to add to it.

used to collect them 20 years ago,but never been intrested in them again until this season,when i have been buying stf programmes

was there what a game had it all highs lows and then ultra hgh at the end gopt to remember raith are in sime final opf scottish cup for a reason they can play football and score goals but we got the 3 points today and thats what matters well done to the team and thanks for 90 thrilling mions again