FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Kilmarnock V ICT - 23/09/06

Scotty

I phoned CC and told him to take Black off and put Hart on, think it worked.

Well deserved point and sounds as though Broonie did his International recognition no harm, with a stunning save near the end. Pity Dargoe missed a sitter......unbelievable, however, I would have taken a point before the game so better than nothing

Blackie booked AGAIN!!!

Is that a booking in every game for him now? He must be due a suspension.

He really does need to sort his discipline out.....by the sounds of todays game he'll be lucky to last 90 mins here :007:

That's his 5th booking. I THINK that means a one match ban?

GREAT result though - well done the lads.

Our Jekyll & Hyde home and away form continues.......

A good point at the end of the day, even if Caley dominated the second half..... Gonna be a real dog fight at the bottom of the league this season - Everybody taking points of each other and no sign of anyone getting left behind.... good wins for the pars & Falkirk today.... Next Saturday's game already becoming huge.....

How about painting the stadium a different colour during the week in an attempt to make the players think it's an away game......

Well done lads wanted a 3 pointer but a draw gotta be a good realistic away result, lets go on and get that 3 points at home against DA next week and hopefully kick on, all doom and gloom im afraid from my home town club but thats another story, will have a few drinks tonight on what sounds like a good away point for ICT.

Onwards and upwards.

Dmacca

Just back from the game and a fair result. Niether team created many chances. The downside for me though was the atrocious Mike McCurry. He hasn't a clue. Didn't allow the game to flow and blew for the sake of hearing his own whistle. I didn't think anyone deserved yellow's.

As for the squad, its very difficult to single out any one player. They all played ok but there just didn't seem to be a winning instinct about them. Dargo's miss wasn't as bad as some may think. Though it was only a few feet out, to be fair, he, like the rest of us, thought the keeper had a comfortable hold of the ball. When it was dropped Dargs was turning away from goal and was taken by surprise. Marks save in the dying seconds was excellent.

The downside for me though was the atrocious Mike McCurry. He hasn't a clue. Didn't allow the game to flow and blew for the sake of hearing his own whistle. I didn't think anyone deserved yellow's.

Think the 'performance' of Alan Freeland might overshadow him this week ... when EVERY pundit agrees that he had a 'howler' then it must have been bad ......

Have to agree about McCurry, he was awful today and had both managers & fans screaming at him. 

Good point but it really should have been a win with the amount of chances we made in the second half, their defence was terrible and we really missed out on 2 points by not capitalising.  There wont be a worse miss from a player all season... Dargo obviously feeling sorry for his former team.

I don't think CC knows what he is doing with his midfield at the moment, and his subs just confuse the **** out of me.  If we are gonna start winning matches this is the key area that needs to be sorted.  Rankin & Black isn't working, they are both too similar and end up making the same runs, leaving no one in the centre and we end up playing long ball.  The team looked a lot more settled when McBain came into the centre and Hart did his case no harm, he looked extremely sharp for someone that has been sitting on the bench for half the season and even managed to cross with his left foot :010:

Broonie

Excellent as always with another stunning save... Walter Smith take note!!

Rossco

Had a decent game, solid enough but waisted the ball occasionaly

Dods

Solid at the back but had a hard game against Nish

Munro

Not his best performance by a long shot, he had a stronger second half but I'm sure he wont be too happy with the way he played

Hastings

Potential Motm for me, was solid all game and made some crucial challenges and got forward whenever possible

Wilson

Strong second half performance and looked dangerous whenever he got the ball

McBain

CC if your reading... McBain is not a winger!!! He looked lost whenever he was out wide but what a difference when he came into the centre in the second half he should play in the middle from now on!!

Rankin

Cracking today... worked hard and showed some quality when he had the ball at his feet, needs to get forward whenever possible but if he is going to do that he needs a player covering behind him

Black

Needs a couple of games on the sideline IMO, he is too eager to get booked and never really produced anything when he had the ball at his feet.  He kept moving out of position and leaving the midfield empty.  He came close with a shot in the first half and there is no doubting his quality but he hasn't been giving a good account of himself of late.

Bayne

Was brilliant again today and if Dargo had made more of an effort to get on the end of 1 or 2 of his head flicks the game would have been an easy 3 points.  I dont think he deserves to be dropped any time soon, I can see goals coming from Bayne but CC needs to show faith in him when Wyness comes back to full fitness

Dargo

If he had showed a bit more conviction he could have scored a hattrick of goals today, I don't think he is working as hard as he can.... must do better!!

Hart

Excellent sub apprearance, gave the team a real lift and showed that we are capable of passsing the ball about and playing some decent football.  Deserves a shot in the first team

Rory

Made a chance for himself and was unlucky not to score after being given only 5 minutes.... I'd like to see how he'd get on given 20 mins to do something!!

I think, HC, we may find that Blackie is sidelined for a while as punishment for his needless fouling. According to CC the ref told Barry, at half time, that Blackie would be sent of if he committed one more foul. CC is a bit p1ssed of my the lads discipline, hence the reason he was pulled. Good for Richie Hart though cos it shows us and CC that he is coming good again. I reckon he'll start next week

Well done to the lads for another good away performance and result.  Mark Brown again came to our rescue with a fabulous save.

I am growing increasily irritated with Ian Black's lack of discipline.  Six booking so far and lucky not to get sent off today.  In addition to this he is giving away possession too easily and making frequent stray passes.  In short, he needs to curb his temper, learn how to tackle, and learn when to play a simple ball.

I am growing increasily irritated with Ian Black's lack of discipline.  Six booking so far and lucky not to get sent off today.  In addition to this he is giving away possession too easily and making frequent stray passes.  In short, he needs to curb his temper, learn how to tackle, and learn when to play a simple ball.

It's only his 5th booking but thats by the by. He hasn't played well since last season IMO before he got that knee injury. He'll miss the Dunfermline game now won't he??