FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

League Cup Draw made tomorrow

RossP

We should know the first fixture of our new season when the draw is made for the League Cup first round tomorrow

League Cup draw

From the article above, I'm guessing we'll be playing in the first round?

Who would you like?

For me i'd like a wee trip away to a 2nd or 3rd division team. Preferably one that's easy to get to from Aberdeen... Arbroath perhaps?

Edited by RossP

Awww boo... looks like I'm maybe wrong.

Taken from P&B:

FIRST ROUND (Saturday 31st July 2010)

Seeded... Falkirk, Dundee, Dunfermline Athletic, Queen of South, Ross County, Partick Thistle, Raith Rovers, Morton, Airdrie Utd, Ayr Utd, Stirling Albion, Alloa Athletic, Cowdenbeath, Brechin City, Peterhead

Unseeded... Dumbarton, East Fife, Stenhousemuir, Arbroath, Clyde, Livingston, Forfar Athletic, East Stirlingshire, Queen's Park, Albion Rovers, Berwick Rangers, Stranraer, Annan Athletic, Elgin City, Montrose

SECOND ROUND (Tue/Wed 24th/25th August, according to various club websites)

Seeded... Heart of Midlothian, Hamilton Academical, St Johnstone, Aberdeen, St Mirren, Kilmarnock, Inverness Caledonian Thistle, + 4 R1 clubs

Unseeded... 11 R1 clubs [it is impossible for Clyde or below to be seeded]

THIRD ROUND (logically... Tue/Wed 21st/22nd September)

Seeded... Rangers, Celtic, Dundee Utd, Hibernian, Motherwell, + 3 R2 clubs

Unseeded... 8 R2 clubs [it is impossible for East Stirlingshire or below to be seeded]

FOURTH ROUND (logically... Tue/Wed 26th/27th Octber)

All-In... 8 R3 clubs

Useful info, your link suggests that the seeding goes by 09/10 seasons ranking so we would be involved in round 1 and Falkirk would enter at round 2.

So I would go with your first post as opposed to p&b.

Edited by 12th Man

Useful info, your link suggests that the seeding goes by 09/10 seasons ranking so we would be involved in round 1 and Falkirk would enter at round 2.

So I would go with your first post as opposed to p&b.

I would go with the p&b info. Surely it would be the relegated SPL team, and not ICT, that plays in the first round. We are now playing at a higher level than Falkirk so why reward them with a passage straight into the 2nd round?

Did we play in the League Cup first round last year? Against Alloa or Montrose? I seem to remember we did.

Which would suggest we go into the 2nd round draw...

We are in the first round draw. From the SFL website-

The 30 SFL sides from season 2009-2010 will take part in the Draw which will be seeded according to finishing positions last term.

The 15 First Round winners will be joined by the seven lowest finishing SPL sides from last season ? Falkirk, Kilmarnock, St. Mirren, Aberdeen, Hamilton Academical, St. Johnstone and Heart of Midlothian in the Second Round.

Dundee at home please... in any round. lol

CALEY THISTLE CHAMPIONS, na na na na na naaa na

CALEY THISTLE CHAMPIONS, na na na na na naaa na

:D :D :D :D :D

Look... just to put some folks out of their misery, the following, which appears on the SFL website but which I have also gleaned directly from the League, is the situation.

* ICT ARE in the draw because they were in the First Division last season.

* They (and Ross County) are among the 15 seeded clubs from last season's 1st Division and the top half of the Second.

* ICT are therefore guaranteed a draw against a club from the lower half of the 2nd Division or from the 3rd.

* The draw takes place TOMORROW FRIDAY 28TH at what will soon no longer be called Almondvale.

As I understand it, the 15 winners here will join last season's bottom 7 from the SPL in 11 second round ties.

The 11 winners here will join the top 5 from the SPL last season in the 8 third round ties.

Thereafter we reach the quarter finals.....

Edited by Charles Bannerman

Look... just to put some folks out of their misery, the following, which appears on the SFL website but which I have also gleaned directly from the League, is the situation.

* They (and Ross County) are among the 15 seeded clubs from last season's 1st Division and the top half of the Second.

* ICT are therefore guaranteed a draw against a club from the lower half of the 2nd Division or from the 3rd.

* The draw takes place TOMORROW FRIDAY 28TH at what will soon no longer be called Almondvale.

As I understand it, the 15 winners here will join last season's bottom 7 from the SPL in 11 second round ties.

The 11 winners here will join the top 5 from the SPL last season in the 8 third round ties.

Good :D

Good stuff. I like the idea of having a competitive game before the SPL season kicks off, so this will be a nice warm up.

Since I'm on School Hols I'll definitely make the journey along to the match

Draw is taking place RIGHT NOW!! We will find out who we are playing v. shortly.

The only place I can find updates is on P&B and the livingston fc website's twitter