FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Sports bar

caley100

From todays P&J :

SPORTS BAR BID AT CALEY JAGS STADIUM

'Plans to build a sports bar at the ICT stadium have been submitted to Highland Council.

Building consultants G H Johnston have drawn up plans to change the concourse area into a bar. relocate turnstiles, alter emergency exits, and to form a new bar entrance and a smoking area'

There ya are then, sounds like a good idea, anyone who has been to Dunfermline's Legends bar will see how it can work.

From todays P&J :

SPORTS BAR BID AT CALEY JAGS STADIUM

'Plans to build a sports bar at the ICT stadium have been submitted to Highland Council.

Building consultants G H Johnston have drawn up plans to change the concourse area into a bar. relocate turnstiles, alter emergency exits, and to form a new bar entrance and a smoking area'

There ya are then, sounds like a good idea, anyone who has been to Dunfermline's Legends bar will see how it can work.

Excellent. I bet they build it too small. Will it have home and away ends?

The legends bar at EEP has no segregation and from the couple of times i've been there has been no bother at all, even after we robbed them of three points at the start of the season, however the season tkt thing will sort that issue out.

Why dont they use the opportunity to build in a new club shop?

I think that this is still at the very early planning stages, but if it does go ahead it will be for home fans only as you will have to go through a home turnstile to access it. As far as I'm aware it will therefore be open to all match day ticket holders, whether season tickets or single match day tickets and this will include children.

It looks like a great initiative, so let's hope the relevant authorities agree and give it the green light.

Well done to those who have been working behind the scenes to get this to the planning stage. It is hoped that this could be open by the start of the season which would be amazing if it can be achieved.

I wonder who will be running it? The club? Not likely. The initiative is good, resource is good. I just hope the price of a pint isn't four or five quid...

they should price it at average pint prices.

I would never pay that much for a pint!

If its run by the club as a club type bar - with season tkts required for entry, then the prices could like the Caley club in greig street - and thats good.

Also opening it for lunches etc during the week might boost income.

If its run by the club as a club type bar - with season tkts required for entry, then the prices could like the Caley club in greig street - and thats good.

Also opening it for lunches etc during the week might boost income.

If the club get the cash, I don't think folk would mind paying pub prices, but nothing extortionate.

Maybe the supporters trust could run it...

If the club don't run the catering, then doubt they'd run a pub. Probably outsourced again. prices would be quite high i reckon, as there's no way the pub could serve/house hundreds in a short time. I'd imagine it will be an option forpeople with large wallets and big thirsts! Anyway, its a great resource, but i still think other venues, i.e. the Innes won't be affected too much for value and service.

As i understand it .... the bar would be designed to hold 200 - 300 and on matchdays would be open to season ticket holders only

Discrimination surely..... towards those of us who cant rustle up the price of a season ticket?

[sarcasm]So you can't afford a season ticket, but you can afford to pi55 a few pints down the drain every other week?[/sarcasm]

Anyway, I think "Sports Bar" is perhaps not the best term for it. The description I heard was "Premier Concourse" and it is intended to be a family friendly area.

I'd imagine that it will have to operate as a members club for licensing purposes and the club will have to agree with the licensing board as to what constitutes membership. It may be you need to be a season ticket holder, it may be you only need a match day ticket, you might have to pay a quid at the door for a day membership or it could be like the Kingsmills Club where you need to acquire an annual membership....we'll just have to wait and see.

In terms of pricing....I would be very surprised if it was as cheap as the Social Club, but I wouldn't expect it to be any more than you might pay in somewhere like the Innes. I don't think it's going to have any great impact on the likes of the Social Club or the Innes as it's perhaps being pitched at a different crowd.

As i understand it .... the bar would be designed to hold 200 - 300 and on matchdays would be open to season ticket holders only

Discrimination surely..... towards those of us who cant rustle up the price of a season ticket?

Probably because 1) its an incentive to get more people to buy a season ticket which is better for the club, and 2) it keeps the bar free from flotsam and jetsam riff-raff. Can see why it is like it is.

Probably because 1) its an incentive to get more people to buy a season ticket which is better for the club, and 2) it keeps the bar free from flotsam and jetsam riff-raff. Can see why it is like it is.

But what about those fans who cant afford the one off price of a season ticket..(ie ME), or the ones that cant make enuff games a year to justify buying one (ie...me again). Are we less worthy of entrance to the bar? I think the intended way off running it is very devisive...and i dont like that!

But what about those fans who cant afford the one off price of a season ticket..(ie ME), or the ones that cant make enuff games a year to justify buying one (ie...me again). Are we less worthy of entrance to the bar? I think the intended way off running it is very devisive...and i dont like that!

The club have not indicated how they will be running it ..... You are only going on hearsay for now !!!! the person who told me it would hold 2-300 and would be for ST holders only has no official capacity at the club and although their info is usually spot-on, they may or may not be correct. I do believe there will (have to) be membership of some sort so the club can strictly control access to the bar and not fall foul of any laws, but at the end of the day the scenarios for membership laid down by CaleyD and LG are equally plausible .....

Also ... you do have to consider that not everyone in an average crowd of 4000 at a home SPL game can fit into the bar !!! If you take 500-1000 off the crowd figure to cover away fans and those in hospitality upstairs that leaves you with 3000 .... cut that in half for those who might not be interested in going for a pint, or are too young and you are still left with a potential crowd that is 5 times the (alleged) capacity of the bar so like it or not, the club are always going to have to prioritise and the only way they can do that is by tangible and measurable factors they know about such as those they use for priority ticketing (eg. ST holders, shareholders, Centenary members, Trust members etc)

For me, I think it is a positive move and one that has been a long time coming ... even if I wouldnt qualify for entry if it were ST holders only !!! I would just take pleasure in the fact that the roads might be a little quieter as I made my way back to the Innes !!!!!

Yarp...i agree that it is a good move by the club to introduce the Sports Bar...however...i think it sucks to prioitise some sections of the fanbase above others. We should be valued equally

So, SMEE, how do you operate a facility that can only hold 200-300 people where demand is likely to outstrip supply in a manner which is equal and fair to all?

The same way Johnny Foxes and most other popular venues do....first come first served basis! If your not fast...your last!

The fact that it will only hold 200-300 people will mean it is going to be 1) limited to season ticket holders 2) be limited to the first/fastest 200 and 3) be priced so as to only appeal to a small percentage of season ticket holders. I think that through these ways, demand will be reduced enough to fit the size, and keep it profitable.

It is a great resource, as said before.

Edited by Kirishima