FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Sports bar

caley100

There is a short article in todays courier about the sports bar, doesnt say much but ive picked out the main jist of it:

......The Scottish Premier League club has submitted a planning application to Highland Houncil to change the use of the south concourse of the Jock Macdonald stand into a 300 capacity sports bar

It was too early to estimate how much the development will cost or when work could start

only home fans will be allowed entry to the area

....it would be a family area, adding television screens will also show live sport before and after games, was well as at half-time. Any Inverness fan with a valid match day ticket will be able to access the sports bar

should answer a few queries

There is a short article in todays courier about the sports bar, doesnt say much but ive picked out the main jist of it:

. Any Inverness fan with a valid match day ticket will be able to access the sports bar

Cool....Thats nice and fair then :rolleyes:

It will have to be HUGE...im not a season ticket holder, so no ulterior motive, but id imagine that will tip demand well over the capacity - especially after match. Should be a good little earner! I'll keepan eye out in the job ads for two bouncers at ICT...

Hamish Munro's

Maybe that fine idea could be reserved for one of the bars in the Caley Club.

That is probably an even better idea Charles. A fitting tribute to a long standing supporter remembered by many, not just read about in the newspapers.

Wouldn't the building of the Sports Bar have an effect on the supposed gas pipe that's in that area? IIRC that was always the reason why a stand on that side wouldn't be particularly easy to build, due to the pipe having to be shifted.

Wouldn't the building of the Sports Bar have an effect on the supposed gas pipe that's in that area? IIRC that was always the reason why a stand on that side wouldn't be particularly easy to build, due to the pipe having to be shifted.

They're not building a sports bar. They're converting the concourse area within the main stand to a sports bar.

It must not interfere with the path of the aquifer.

The Overda Bar.

I am reliably informed that they are going to try and tap in to the aquifer for the spring water pump.

But as fer a name what about Bar Linnie - Personally I am going to stick to the Innes and the Scoobie Shuffle - It wouldnt take me too long toget barred anyway.

Hibs have a supporters bar in the Famous Five stand at Easter Road.

Their are bars on two floors and they can accomodate 800 people.

Kids are made welcome (first floor bar only) and there are games for them and food available.

Prices for the drinks are quite reasonable although the beers are all Carling!

The stand is for season ticket holders only admittance on a first come first served basis and sometimes you have to wait outside until somebody leaves before you can get in.

Season ticket holders are allowed to bring one guest and I have been there with various away fans (I don't know any ICT fans!)

Good luck with your new bar.

Are we less worthy of entrance to the bar?

Yes.

There should also be a stage and a couple of poles to resembles goalposts where talented dancers could perform to "warm up" the crowd.

• 4 weeks later...