FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Sports bar

caley100

I'm going to try and get barred within half an hour of being there for shouting obsenities.

Am I allowed in ? :rotflmao::rotflmao: Feckm me Alex - do I stand a feckin chance ??!!

Personally I am going to stick to the Innes or the Fairways - or maybe try it once - unnanounced and incoqnuito ?

Tried out the bar after the game.The club have done a great job, the first thing that you notice as you enter is a huge picture of the team winning the 1st div cup,so you can get a photo of yourself with the champions,plenty of room, friendly staff and the drinks aren't pricey, in fact I would say cheaper than a lot of the bars in the town, good layout and good size TVs on the wall to see the match highlights.

I didn't know what to expect before going in but I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

I think I could quite happily make this my local on match days.Well done ICT.

• Agree 1

Tried out the bar after the game.The club have done a great job, the first thing that you notice as you enter is a huge picture of the team winning the 1st div cup,so you can get a photo of yourself with the champions,plenty of room, friendly staff and the drinks aren't pricey, in fact I would say cheaper than a lot of the bars in the town, good layout and good size TVs on the wall to see the match highlights.

I didn't know what to expect before going in but I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

I think I could quite happily make this my local on match days.Well done ICT.

It was good to be able to see the highlights and analysis on the TVs at half time as well.

Thought it was good. Prices ok and next match there will be a bigger selection of soft drinks. Would have liked food at the end of the match too and I believe the club are looking into this.

Pleasantly surprised how bright it was and plenty tvs.All in all a great effort so far.

Thought it was good. Prices ok and next match there will be a bigger selection of soft drinks. Would have liked food at the end of the match too and I believe the club are looking into this.

Pleasantly surprised how bright it was and plenty tvs.All in all a great effort so far.

Bigger selection of soft drinks :_shocked2: more food :_shocked2: plenty of TV's :_shocked2: WTF - how much is a double voddie and was there a lot of singing ?

No singing sorry well not yet anyway. Wasnt really busy after the game not sure that everyone knew it was open.

Soft drinks - well the law of the land states no alcohol for kids so need soft drinks for them.

food - Didnt eat before or during game so food would have been welcome.

Dunno about voddy but think bacardi was ?2.35 for a single.

I was surprised how much effort had gone in to making it a bar and not just having the concourse area exactly the same and selling drinks through the pie servery.

As for food, I suppose a wee bit of shrewd haggling for unsold servery pies wouldn't go amiss or even hospitality surplus could be sold as a mini meal in a takeaway style tray its all profit then instead of wastage but on the whole well pleased with what they have managed so far.

As for prices, a bottle of Miller was ?2.80. It costs around ?3.40 in Johnny Foxes.

I loved the new bar. Thought it was fab.

Can of Fosters, ?2.80. Appletise, ?1.20 (brilliant price). Diet coke, 90p. Bacon roll, ?1.70.

I did indicate to Darren that I'd like to see draught Guinness available, even if it's in a can. If that happens, and if it's no more than ?2.80, I'll be a very happy bunny.

As others have said, the room is bright 'n' airy, with a fab, huge championship celebration mural on the wall. Very nice indeed.

Thumbs up to all concerned getting it set up JC_doubleup.gif

]

I think someone mentioned the Social Club. It's £1.22 for a vodka/whisky/ bacardi etc, £2.25 for a bottle of Miller and £2.50 for wine. The Legion is similar but these places have special privileges as private clubs which enables them to sell drink more cheaply.

It's £3.90 for a pint of Peroni in the Heathmount, or at least it was the last time I was in and I find occasional visits to Foxes similarly painful.

Edited by Charles Bannerman

]

I think someone mentioned the Social Club. It's ?1.22 for a vodka/whisky/ bacardi etc, ?2.25 for a bottle of Miller and ?2.50 for wine. The Legion is similar but these places have special privileges as private clubs which enables them to sell drink more cheaply.

It's ?3.90 for a pint of Peroni in the Heathmount, or at least it was the last time I was in and I find occasional visits to Foxes similarly painful.

Peroni - feck me :_shocked2: