Elgin-Inverness 0-6 FT

kilda

I agree about Shinnie. I think he's been excellent these last few games. Very nippy.

The defence was alarmingly static at times...

I thought Sutherland got a hat-trick too, but I see the Courier (on Facebook) are saying one was a Wilson o.g. Not from where I was standing, it wasn't.

Rooney's goal was fab ~ hard-hit, unstoppable.

First half was dreadful, plus I thought I was gonna freeze to death. (July in the north of Scotland: Dani Sanchez must wonder what the fug is going on.) Second-half clearly things improved, big-time. Even the rain relented, and the sunset on the drive home was sublime.

All in all a good night. Can't afford to have too many 45 minute spells like the first-half though. We'll be slaughtered.

(Richie, Richie, wherefore art thou, Richie...)

I agree about Shinnie. I think he's been excellent these last few games. Very nippy.

I thought Sutherland got a hat-trick too, but I see the Courier (on Facebook) are saying one was a Wilson o.g. Not from where I was standing, it wasn't.

First half was dreadful, plus I thought I was gonna freeze to death. (July in the north of Scotland: Dani Sanchez must wonder what the fug is going on.) Second-half clearly things improved, big-time. Even the rain relented, and the sunset on the drive home was sublime.

All in all a good night. Can't afford to have too many 45 minute spells like the first-half though. We'll be slaughtered.

I heard the commentator say that it was a barry wilson own goal as well. Nice of him to score for us. I wonder if that will be added on to his goal tally for caley.

I heard the commentator say that it was a barry wilson own goal as well. Nice of him to score for us. I wonder if that will be added on to his goal tally for caley.

Barry admits that his studs were the last thing the ball came off before it went in but says he's quite happy to give up the goal so the young lad can have his deserved hat trick! :022:

I was in the seated area cos ive knackered my knee anyway it was a definite own goal.

the first half was simply terrible but thankfully the second was alot better

Even though blumanshtein was only on the park for a while he looked very impressive and i think he could play well in behind rooney in the SPL

Barry admits that his studs were the last thing the ball came off before it went in but says he's quite happy to give up the goal

Must be the first time in his career he's credited a goal to someone else!

Even though blumanshtein was only on the park for a while he looked very impressive and i think he could play well in behind rooney in the SPL

I agree with you there.

(I'm confused about his name. In the link to a Jewish newspaper somebody posted recently it's spelt 'Blumenshtein' yet increasingly I see it as 'Blumanshtein'. I'm assuming the former is correct... not least because there are more Google results for it with an 'e'... but I dunno...)

I'm glad Sutherland's getting the credit for a hat-trick, even if Wilson did get the last touch.

I agree with you there.

(I'm confused about his name. In the link to a Jewish newspaper somebody posted recently it's spelt 'Blumenshtein' yet increasingly I see it as 'Blumanshtein'. I'm assuming the former is correct... not least because there are more Google results for it with an 'e'... but I dunno...)

I'm glad Sutherland's getting the credit for a hat-trick, even if Wilson did get the last touch.

The official site has it spelt with an a. I'd hope they checked the spelling when drawing up the contract. I just hope there's never a need to alter it to Blumansh!tein

Edited by Alex MacLeod

I agree with you there.

The official site has it spelt with an a. I'd hope they checked the spelling when drawing up the contract. I just hope there's never a need to alter it to Blumansh!tein

to avoid confusion we should just call him Gil like most people call Odhiambo, Eric

[(I'm confused about his name. In the link to a Jewish newspaper somebody posted recently it's spelt 'Blumenshtein' yet increasingly I see it as 'Blumanshtein'. I'm assuming the former is correct... not least because there are more Google results for it with an 'e'... but I dunno...)

I think I can clarify this for you with the version I got from Jimmy Falconer who did the paperwork for his contract. Originally Caley Thistle thought it was Blomstein and I believe the initial version of the contract had this spelling. However Gil (which is what will be on the back of his shirt) produced his passport to confirm that it is in fact Blumanshtein and the correction was made. It's interesting, though, that if you Google a number of different spellings, Blumanshtein does not come up as the most common version, even though it is the correct one.

Gil (which is what will be on the back of his shirt) produced his passport to confirm that it is in fact Blumanshtein and the correction was made. It's interesting, though, that if you Google a number of different spellings, Blumanshtein does not come up as the most common version, even though it is the correct one.

Yes, the Google result issue was what confused me the most really. Thanks for clarifying things.