FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Matchday Thread: ICT -V- Celtic

Scotty

Scarlet, Scotty had the summary on the home page up shortly after the game. It would appear that you have not checked the CTO match report yet. Press home at the top of the page, this will take you to the main home page. From there, a whole new world of stories will amuse you for hours. Therefore, you have not looked everywhere for this information.

here is the link

http://caleythistleonline.com/

Yeh we didn't get the dream start we were all hoping for but I think everyone of us can have hope that there is more to come from this side. Gillet & McCann were excellent. Ross gave a good account of himself, as did the Odhiambo.

Unlucky lads but I have faith this will be a good season for the caley army :)

keeping it positive... I'd like to hear what other fans were happy with today???

The fact that we weren't charged for parking, the quality programme, the good performance by our team and the fact that Mr CaleyJag and I sat next to a man (no idea of name sorry!) who was quite happy to indulge Mr CJ in his discussing tactics banter :)

in spain atm but luckly got to watch the game (even if it was an irish bar with a few celtic fans) but really proud of the boys gave 110% probs missed foran but 1-0 is an excellant result and so i am filled with optimism for the rest of the season and when i get back am looking forward to getting myseason ticket out and taking in some away games

• Disagree 1

My biggest worry before the start of the game was that Butcher wouldn't believe in the players enough to attack Celtic, and play in an unrestricted manner. Putting them in system of not losing the games, rather trying to win it, so to speak. Thankfully, as the first half an hour or so showed that my fears were unfounded. There was nobody you could say didn't put the effort in, but in many ways it truly was a game of two halves. Hayes, Rooney and Odhiambo were all impressive in the first half but faded out in the second. Hayes in particular was excellent in the first period and was essentially just walking past the hapless Mulgrew. In the second, he was hardly in the game, probably mainly due to tiredness, a cottoning on by Celtic to what he was all about, and the fact that by that time the game had changed. As a result, Rooney suffered and was anonymous for long periods of the game.

When Maloney hit the post that was Celtic's game to win from that point on and it was clear their goal was coming, which it would one of many had it not been for an sensational performance by Esson, and a defence that is finally beginning to look solid which is more that can be said for some of it's previous incarnations, with Tokely and Gillet impressing. Overall, there's potential in the squad, and losing by only one goal to Celtic is nothing to be ashamed of.

There was nobody you could say didn't put the effort in, but in many ways it truly was a game of two halves. Hayes, Rooney and Odhiambo were all impressive in the first half but faded out in the second. Hayes in particular was excellent in the first period and was essentially just walking past the hapless Mulgrew. In the second, he was hardly in the game, probably mainly due to tiredness, a cottoning on by Celtic to what he was all about, and the fact that by that time the game had changed. As a result, Rooney suffered and was anonymous for long periods of t

Given that crunching challenge Hayes took after just 30 secs, I thought he did really well just to carry on playing, despite the obvious pain he was in, and the fact he had difficulty breathing.

Even with that handicap he was still our most dangerous player for the rest of the time he was on the field.

it will be interesting to see what comes in the next few weeks with regards to the fact that johnny was waltzing through the defence time after time , does anyone think that he is going to be in for a lot more attention over the coming weeks